Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3258173)   #181
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
question or two for you...

A) anyone have Garage List for the race

B) I have a garage list for test day, but that includes some of the test only cars. What happens with them? Do teams next door expand into them. I assume teams dont move garages?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3258185)   #182
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
isynge? ANY sealed 'box' becomes an oven. Dutch Ovens were designed for range cooking on open fires.
I have one of these, which I'm still learning about. But it WILL roast a chicken!
http://www.cobb-bbq.co.uk/Recipes_Roasting.aspx
Oven roasting on a barbecue is something we're perfectly au fait with - absolutely the best way of doing a chicken, and a shoulder of lamb will work very well indeed, it was more the issue of getting the precise temperatures that baking needs that held a bit more trepidation for me - but clearly it's possible!

Le Creuset Dutch Oven is on the packing list for this year, choucroute being possibly on the agenda at some stage, but maybe cake baking could be done too. Not sure a USB port is going to be up to running the Kitchen Aid mixer though...
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3258189)   #183
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

B) I have a garage list for test day, but that includes some of the test only cars. What happens with them? Do teams next door expand into them. I assume teams dont move garages?
I've not seen a garage list Andy - I don't recall seeing one published in the usual format by the ACO last year either.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3258231)   #184
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think some teams expand into other garages after the test day.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3258382)   #185
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Surely with a full grid all the garages will be taken
Old 6 Jun 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3258389)   #186
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They certainly will be.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3258427)   #187
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any tv or video of the test day? I haven't seen this talked about.

4k post! Wow.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3258429)   #188
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure there will be check here or on RLM for links on Sunday
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3258430)   #189
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post

4k post! Wow.
Congratz! Or must I say: my sincere condolences!

(can't decide yet for myself if having a high posting rate is a good or a bad thing....)

(777 posts! Yeah!)
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3258437)   #190
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Congratz! Or must I say: my sincere condolences!

(can't decide yet for myself if having a high posting rate is a good or a bad thing....)

(777 posts! Yeah!)
Not to go off topic.

But there is a clear preference in this forum for Quality over Quantity
Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3258441)   #191
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Is there any tv or video of the test day? I haven't seen this talked about.
I fear that the answer to that question is no (I hope to be wrong) and that that is the reason why there's no talk about that.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3258450)   #192
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There won't be any live images I'm sure, and in a way I'm glad it won't take away anything from race week. Makes us want it to come even faster
Old 6 Jun 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3258486)   #193
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I guess the two odditiies for the test day ar the LMPC Orecas, the other additions look to be run by teams that already have a car in the race (e.g. Audi and Level 5) so I guess they will just double up in one garage.

If you have a garage list for the test day it must be relatively simple to work out what the race week allocation will be as no one will be moving garage I wouldn't have thought.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3258491)   #194
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The RLM facebook page suggested that they weren't expecting any video to assist with their commentary, so they were going to rely on the timing screens and the view from their window.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3258613)   #195
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the podium!bernard b has a real shot at the podium!bernard b has a real shot at the podium!bernard b has a real shot at the podium!bernard b has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I guess the two odditiies for the test day ar the LMPC Orecas, the other additions look to be run by teams that already have a car in the race (e.g. Audi and Level 5) so I guess they will just double up in one garage.

If you have a garage list for the test day it must be relatively simple to work out what the race week allocation will be as no one will be moving garage I wouldn't have thought.
the garages list for the race can be found here