Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Sep 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4003087)   #1676
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So you’ve got the best of both worlds there, world class commentary, with the right pictures to boot
Old 17 Sep 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4003090)   #1677
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Even the endless rabbiting on at the moment makes me feel a little closer to being there, i will not complain about it next year, RLM is an enourmous part the the experience for us regulars.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4003096)   #1678
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
State of affairs for folks expecting/debating to use Motortrend on demand:

Stream quality for currently live and currently red flagged FP2 is good. I believe similar to last year the practice and qualifying session use WEC app comms with Goodwin, McNish, etc, but the race will be Eurosport comms, potentially with Shirt breaks and Tom being awkward.

For this session there are 6 onboards: 1 Rebellion (was working early on in the session even while in the garage), both Toyotas, 3 P2s (21, 38, 50).

Curiously, there are 4 options for what appears to be a decent looking Live timing - P1, P2, GTE-Pro and Am. P1 and P2 feeds appear similar, just the top 30 cars:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Timing.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	64126

GTE Pro shows P1 and P2 Classes split in running order, GTE Am appears dead I will note you can't scroll down. So the wec with extention may end up a better timing source.

For the actual race, two items are listed so far:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sat.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	64127

Hovering on the first feed shows "Eurosport" in the address preview in the browser, and just "Bonus World Feed" for the second. Not sure what that is. Hopefully ambient sounds?

All streams, onboards, and timing screens can be paused to help with syncing.

For people who haven't tried the platform, it's been one of the most solid platforms for me over the last year. It casts to chromecast really well. I think there's usually a free two week trial for new users. (credit card required and you'll need to remember to cancel. I used to just make a new email address for individual WEC races, but jumped on a $24 annual special last December, it's usually $60.

Doesn't hurt they currently have 98% of all Top Gear programming. I've found it a worthwhile service so far.

Last edited by seanyb505; 17 Sep 2020 at 14:18.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4003101)   #1679
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just had to buy another subscription to Eurosport Player. Now I've got adverts.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4003102)   #1680
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I'm not too hopeful since right now there isn't. Unless that new feature for selecting audio track appears for later sessions the rest will probably be with WEC or Eurosport UK comms.
In fairness, there wasn’t in qualifying last year. Just wondering if we had any news.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4003103)   #1681
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes both my free eurosport on Virgin now and on sky up to last week had adverts, but it is free so can put up with that
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4003108)   #1682
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm paying.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:46 (Ref:4003109)   #1683
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I've just had to buy another subscription to Eurosport Player. Now I've got adverts.
There should be an alternative feed on Eurosport Player for 'Uninterrupted coverage'. Might need to scroll down but that's the one you want.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:52 (Ref:4003116)   #1684
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm paying.
i'm to tight to pay,
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:04 (Ref:4003119)   #1685
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have uninterrupted on Eurosport. Not a single ad..... As I have wholly failed to set up the WEC/ACO app for free, I'm pleased I spent less than the price of a couple of soft drinks at the circuit on a month's worth of Eurosport.....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4003127)   #1686
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uninterrupted on Eurosport should be without comms (the audio is "natural sound) but somehow they've got the WEC App feed on there again. Was the same last year. Ambient sound only makes syncing and enjoying RLM much better, as it was in 2018

Lack of breaks is excellent, the quality too, as usual.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:16 (Ref:4003128)   #1687
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, ambient sound would have been great...
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:18 (Ref:4003130)   #1688
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll look at it later.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4003133)   #1689
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yep adverts are a pain now the quali is on
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4003134)   #1690
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The Eurosport feed is actually well behind the reality, as proved by the timing....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4003136)   #1691
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4003137)   #1692
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For those on Amazon Prime using Eurosport, this is the current channel layout.

Extra 2 - 8 Toyota
Extra 4 - 21 DragonSpeed
Extra 5 - 1 Rebellion
Extra 7 - 7 Toyota
Extra 9 - 50 - Richard Milles
Extra 11 - Live Timing bottom half
Extra 14 - FIAWEC App Stream
Extra 15 - Live Timing top half
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4003139)   #1693
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The Eurosport feed is actually well behind the reality, as proved by the timing....
Standard unfortunately. It's ahead of the FIAWEC stream.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:25 (Ref:4003140)   #1694
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly TV direction is horrible again. I've given up hope that WEC will ever get that right.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4003151)   #1695
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
In fairness, there wasn’t in qualifying last year. Just wondering if we had any news.
You can check/tweet https://twitter.com/EurosportCare , the answers they give can be rather ambigious so you need to be specific, "ambient", "uninterrupted" and "bonus" feed seem to be used interchangeably.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:16 (Ref:4003194)   #1696
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just turned in with the Motor Trend Roku app and it is working excellent! Noticed other options for streaming to that I'll try to explore over the course of the rest of the afternoon of "work"
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4003199)   #1697
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
10 km far from the circuit, hearing the cars from home, imossible to get live app free, mail browser off so impossible to get the live streaming by renewing password ...........GREAT!!! NO PROBLEM !! Happy 24 h.......
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4003200)   #1698
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Bloody hell Eric, just nip down there and sneak under the fence....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:33 (Ref:4003201)   #1699
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
10 km far from the circuit, hearing the cars from home, imossible to get live app free, mail browser off so impossible to get the live streaming by renewing password ...........GREAT!!! NO PROBLEM !! Happy 24 h.......
Eric you can sit in the garden listening to the cars and have radio le mans on.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:41 (Ref:4003202)   #1700
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bloody hell Eric, just nip down there and sneak under the fence....
I could see on Facebook Police is prowling around the circuit..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Eric you can sit in the garden listening to the cars and have radio le mans on.
And put the tent in the garden