Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

GOODWOOD 75th MEMBERS MEETING
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

18 Mar 2017 to 19 Mar 2017 08:00 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Details of the 75th Goodwood Members Meeting here :

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-...ils-announced/

The new race for A series powered pre '66 Sports and GT cars is quite interesting - The Weslake Cup. Anyone know if this will include some of the Mini specials like the DART, Jem, Marcos, Ogle, Unipower or Deep Sanderson? Are front wheel drive permitted?

Old 15 Mar 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3718715)   #91
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Seems to be less 'star' drivers in the main GT event than usual?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3718717)   #92
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway it must be something! Very good idea they have with their dedicated TV channel.
James do you know where the Matra comes from? Is it a reconstitution? If its a long tail in fluo green livery (Pescarolo) could it have belong to Jacky Setton ?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3718731)   #93
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Still works for me Rob. If not, try searching the Goodwood site.
Thanks for that Gary-found Goodwood site but still no entry list.Tickets sold out anyway.Amazing-basic admisision must be at least 100 times what I paid when attending a Goodwood clubbie in the 60s-even the F1 on Easter Monday
Old 15 Mar 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3718742)   #94
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Thanks for that Gary-found Goodwood site but still no entry list.Tickets sold out anyway.Amazing-basic admisision must be at least 100 times what I paid when attending a Goodwood clubbie in the 60s-even the F1 on Easter Monday
have you thought of putting 'goodwood entry list' into google?
- top of the list !
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3718758)   #95
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
have you thought of putting 'goodwood entry list' into google?
- top of the list !
Maybe, but one has to add 2017 ie Goodwood entry list 2017
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3718761)   #96
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyway it must be something! Very good idea they have with their dedicated TV channel.
James do you know where the Matra comes from? Is it a reconstitution? If its a long tail in fluo green livery (Pescarolo) could it have belong to Jacky Setton ?
I'm assuming the MS670 is a Hall & Hall car. We have been lucky on occasions when they have wheeled out 2 for same race! I'm sure the Goody entry will be of impeccable provenance. The Alfa and Ferrari should also be music to the ears.....
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3718851)   #97
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Mike did you ever see the great Arturo Merzario pedaling a 33 TT 12? It seems that the shape of the body could have been a handicap for him when trying to spot the apex…
Because all this I now wonder why I never attend this event… No excuse I do have a bermuda in stock …*
Old 15 Mar 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3718888)   #98
356sc
Racer

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes you are..... Any specific grid you want to be invited onto? From memory there's a couple of 908s in the Proto demo?
Well if the goodwood glitterati are reading this, I wouldn't say no
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3719005)   #99
mgtd
Rookie

mgtd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really pains me to say this..but more in hope, etc.......I have a Weekend Pass + Programme Voucher that ill-health prevents me using.
Any offers gratefully discussed!

PM me, or 'phone

Many Thanks,
Stephen

Edited:I've removed the number, use PM or email to contact Stephen
Tim Falce

Last edited by Tim Falce; 17 Mar 2017 at 09:31. Reason: Phone number removed
Old 17 Mar 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3719316)   #100
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Hi Stephen
Hope you don't mind but I've removed the phone no. so you don't get hassled by phishers.
Well done for the first post after nearly 8 years on here lets hops we have many many more from you and I expect all of us will join in in wishing you well and hopefully a speedy recovery.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3719320)   #101
mgtd
Rookie

mgtd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Tim....desperation called somewhat!

I did have one PM from a local (W.Sussex) chap, but I am in Sunny Suffolk, so.....

I do actually have a good friend travelling down this afternoon who will be staying in Bognor, so it could still be possible for tickets to be picked up tonight if anyone is interested. Obviously offers are invited!

Sorry for my long term lurking status, it takes me a while to actively contribute to a forum.

I am as actively involved in VSCC as I can be under present circs, but do hope to travel in my 1930 Talbot to Montlhéry in May. Look out for me there...

For all participants/spectators/officials....have a great weekend at Goodwood.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3719323)   #102
Belmondo
Rookie

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if there's live feed of practice today?
Old 17 Mar 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3719324)   #103
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Don't think so, they keep sending me emails saying "Watch live from Saturday"
Old 17 Mar 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3719325)   #104
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
From their full provisional timetable it should start on sat at 7:30 opening gates. First qually should be Gerry Marshall Trophy at 9:00. First race at 15:00.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3719353)   #105
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
While you lot are enjoying the balmy Goodwood weather, according to the latest forecast my northern sojourn will explain exactly why there are so many lakes in Cumbria! Enjoy yourselves one and all, stay safe if you're racing. I'll try and catch up in the hotel when I get back each evening, I'm expecting some tales of daring-do from Tenthers next week
Weekend weather for Goodwood- low teens and moderate westerly winds. Not exactly balmy, but dry at least......

Not sure how many (if any) tenthers apart from PM are on track at the event, so we will definitely need a report from Peter.....