Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3763115)   #76
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
To be fair, Perez does pay a King's ransom to do it...
Old 31 Aug 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3763151)   #77
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes. It's not fear to live to fight another day.

These people are supposed to be professionals, paid a huge amount of money to help their teams get as far up the WC rankings as they can. They won't do it if they keep trashing their cars on each other.

This silly bickering should be left in the lower formulae. Perez and Ocon are paid to do a job most people would pay a King's Ransom to do. It's not big, it's not clever, it just shows an immaturity that other teams will be noticing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
They're supposed to be professionals. As in, they should all know what is around them and not be trying to wreck each other. Ocon can't be thinking "I'd better back out because he will wreck me." It has to be expected that another driver in the top series won't try to kill him. Especially a teammate. Your post puts all the requirements of professionalism on ocon. He can't back out of any pass of Perez because of perez' lack of professionalism.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3763155)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Didn't Berger say after his collision with Senna in Rio 'if you back out once, he's got a hold on you forever' or something to that effect? So you can't blame Ocon for keeping his nose in
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3763194)   #79
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
You can blame Ocon for trying a move that was never on and sticking to it.
Perez is not blameless for what happened of course, but neither is Ocon.

Stupid move, stupid reaction, sad result for the team.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3763198)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I mean the second incident
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3763199)   #81
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I mean the second incident
So do I.

IMO that move was never on, *especially* after it failed the first time. Different circumstances, but failed nonetheless.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3763200)   #82
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I just don't see any way to blame ocon for the second incident. He had a huge run on Perez and was pullkng alongside on a straight, which should be something professional drivers could do easily - manage 2 wide on a straight. He was to have the inside into au rouge with the run, leaving Perez as the one needing to back out. To have not pulled along side Perez there he would have had to check up quite a bit and lose a ton of momentum. I'm just not seeing any way to blame ocon for being run into the wall by a teammate.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3763202)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I just don't see any way to blame ocon for the second incident. He had a huge run on Perez and was pullkng alongside on a straight, which should be something professional drivers could do easily - manage 2 wide on a straight. He was to have the inside into au rouge with the run, leaving Perez as the one needing to back out. To have not pulled along side Perez there he would have had to check up quite a bit and lose a ton of momentum. I'm just not seeing any way to blame ocon for being run into the wall by a teammate.
Agree 100%.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3763203)   #84
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
I respect your opinion, I just see it differently.

Do you think that move would have worked if it had been Vettel on Hamilton or vice versa? Or Ricciardo on Verstappen? Or Raikkonen on Bottas?
(just to name a few)

Frankly, I don't think so.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3763216)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably not - Vettel would have just hit Hamilton up the backside.......

Only joking..... (Probably).
Old 1 Sep 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3763367)   #86
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I just don't see any way to blame ocon for the second incident.
Neither can I. 100% Perez's fault.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 08:52 (Ref:3763380)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They should both probably stick to punting footballers out of the way in karts....... It's clearly in their DNA.....
Old 1 Sep 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3763421)   #88
RWill2073
Veteran

One thing I will give Perez credit for is totally owning the first incident. He took full blame for that one which is commendable. But, cynically, this may have been a way to soften the backlash from the second incident as well....
Old 2 Sep 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3763819)   #89
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see what gert is saying though. It is Perez who caused the accident, but Ocon could have avoided it. Not saying he's responsible for it, but he could have avoided it.

Reminds me of Lewis and Maldonado at Valencia all those years ago. Pastor was completely at fault, but everybody (except Lewis) seen the accident coming, and Lewis could have avoided it.
Old 2 Sep 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3763854)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, Ocon stuffed his team mate today - in the best possible way. I suspect that's going to happen more often in the future.....
Old 2 Sep 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3763869)   #91
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I see what gert is saying though. It is Perez who caused the accident, but Ocon could have avoided it. Not saying he's responsible for it, but he could have avoided it.
One shouldn't have to "avoid" a very dangerous intentional move. They did avoid consequences that could have been much, much, worse.

jimclark
Old 2 Sep 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3763870)   #92
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
One shouldn't have to "avoid" a very dangerous intentional move. They did avoid consequences that could have been much, much, worse.
I never said he should have to avoid it.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 00:50 (Ref:3763943)   #93
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, Ocon stuffed his team mate today - in the best possible way.
Sure did. They say the better, more talented and skilled drivers - always shine in wet weather. And qualifying at Monza was just another example of why Ocon is a better driver than Perez.

When the announcement was made November 2016 that Ocon would join Perez at FI, I knew Perez was going to have some real competition on his hands. And he doesn't like it. Perez gets dirty when he doesn't get his own way. An attitude that McLaren did not put up with.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 02:30 (Ref:3763962)   #94
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Whiting explains why Alonso was not penalized for "pushing" Palmer off the circuit.

Apparently Alonso was ahead of the passing car at the apex of the corner so was entitled to push him off.

http://www.f1reader.com/news/fia-exp...ncident-179241

I think this may well come back to bite him.

Still no explanation on why Perez escaped penalty.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3763965)   #95
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Charlie is just going with the flow of most F1 opinion. Alonso was doing everyone a favour - and Charlie took this into account. Palmer should not only be pushed off the circuit, but pushed off the grid as well! Palmer is a waste of a good F1 seat.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 03:46 (Ref:3763970)   #96
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I never said he should have to avoid it.
Klondikes are buy one get one free at Winn-Dixie this week.

jimclark
Old 3 Sep 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3764032)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Charlie is just going with the flow of most F1 opinion. Alonso was doing everyone a favour - and Charlie took this into account. Palmer should not only be pushed off the circuit, but pushed off the grid as well! Palmer is a waste of a good F1 seat.
Really? Did not see Spa quali where he drove really well, only to have bad luck strike again? I think even Palmer's harshest critics would admit he's been unlucky not to score at least one point this season