Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old Yesterday, 20:47 (Ref:3803254)   #181
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Ferrari is very nice. Interesting evolution of their design ahead of the sidepods. The little lip on the halo is cool, and so are the aero details on the mirrors. If I am not mistaken they have managed to sneak in a curved T wing down low attached to the fin in the back.

The wheelbase is very clearly longer, and it is tiiiiiiight in the back!
What little lip on the Halo, I thought the Halo was standard throughout the teams?
Old Yesterday, 21:31 (Ref:3803263)   #182
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but why not track a team's linage, successes and failures, through the factory they operate out of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
see: "enstone"/benetton/renault/lotus/renault - there's always a core group of people who have been at a team through multiple identity changes. mercedes has grown a lot but there's still quite a lot of them who date back to brawn.
I agree with both of you. Unfortunately there is no easy/official way to celebrate those teams that have had many names and owners, but still have a significant level of continuity from a location and staff perspective.

I like that there is an identity of something like "The Enstone Team", but I am also able to celebrate something like "The Benetton era" as a stand alone thing and not confusing that with later iterations of the same team. Same goes with the short lived Brawn GP. The group that made up Brawn GP made that magical championship happen before they were "Mercedes". Hence me defending who "owns" that championship even if today many of the players are the same.

Cheers!

Richard
Old Yesterday, 21:32 (Ref:3803264)   #183
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What little lip on the Halo, I thought the Halo was standard throughout the teams?
I believe base Halo is standard, but I think teams were allowed to create some limited level of bespoke aero treatments which are mounted on the Halo.

Richard
Old Yesterday, 21:35 (Ref:3803265)   #184
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nope - they can play with the aero on the halo.

But by far the coolest thing are the little wings inside the mirrors, which appear to direct airflow down into a duct in the sidepod below it. I expect both the aero on the halo (also on the Alfa) and the mirrors will be copied by everyone. The long curved t wing is pretty cool too.

The mirrors and halo can be seen in photo 7 at
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...os-680398.html

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; Yesterday at 21:42.
Old Yesterday, 21:38 (Ref:3803266)   #185
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I believe base Halo is standard, but I think teams were allowed to create some limited level of bespoke aero treatments which are mounted on the Halo.

Richard
No wonder Ferrari were so keen to rubbish the Screen after one lap.
Old Yesterday, 21:45 (Ref:3803270)   #186
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Quote:
No wonder Ferrari were so keen to rubbish the Screen after one lap.
One of my earlier speculations on why Ferrari didn't like the windscreen concept was that they may have felt they already had something (aerowise) in the works via the Halo.

Richard
Old Yesterday, 22:09 (Ref:3803276)   #187
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
One of my earlier speculations on why Ferrari didn't like the windscreen concept was that they may have felt they already had something (aerowise) in the works via the Halo.

Richard
At the time I thought it might have something to do with that and still do.
Old Yesterday, 22:43 (Ref:3803280)   #188
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree with both of you. Unfortunately there is no easy/official way to celebrate those teams that have had many names and owners, but still have a significant level of continuity from a location and staff perspective.
true no easy way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
dont want to derail the launch thread so final thought on this subject...

looking again at the picture there is a dayglow yellow stripe after the 2009 year which is a nice bit of detail and a shout out to the Brawn year i assume.

so maybe a liberty they should not have taken but done with enough class that i dont mind them claiming 2009 as their own!
Old Yesterday, 22:52 (Ref:3803281)   #189
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They didn’t bother claiming all those BAR and Honda titles.