Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3780236)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Could this be the end of the Brazilian GP? With no Massa next year to pull in the fans, will the teams and the FIA decide that the good bits of Interlagos no longer outweigh the criminal bits?
Was wondering myself this also.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3780250)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
On this point, I know it was very marginal, but from what I saw on TV the incident between Grosjean and Ocon occurred AFTER the SC light started flashing, so even less excuse for Grosjean to be pushing hard.....they could have continued round the corner side by side and then taken station under SC rules.
The SC light came on due to Vandoorne and Magnussen coming together and punting Ricciardo off the track. At the time, I thought Grosjean was pushing unnecessarily hard and that caused the incident.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3780258)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The SC light came on due to Vandoorne and Magnussen coming together and punting Ricciardo off the track. At the time, I thought Grosjean was pushing unnecessarily hard and that caused the incident.

But it wasn’t dangerous, unsporting or overambitious, it was a mistake and nothing more
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3780281)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But it wasn’t dangerous, unsporting or overambitious, it was a mistake and nothing more
I watched the race live and at the time I thought he was overambitious and so my reaction was based on that. I haven't seen highlights, or replays but I'm sure there will be something on YouTube, so I'll watch it.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3780295)   #55
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry but if you penalise Grosjean for his coming together with Ocon, then Vettel should also have been penalised at Mexico for ruining Hamilton's race. Also why wasn't Stroll penalised for not getting out of the way of the leaders. Blatantly ignoring blue flags. It seems the stewards only have eyes for the grey American cars!!
Old 13 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3780304)   #56
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
For a place with such a rich history in the sport, they sure are pushing it away. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to f1 not going back to Brazil until things can go off without life-endangerment. And honestly, while a nice track, it doesn't have many areas for passing and becomes quite processional.

@s griffin: I think max was only interested in setting record lap, and good for him for it. Don't think it was anything to do with racecraft or anything, he was just bored and annoyed and felt like making something interesting of it.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3780395)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
For a place with such a rich history in the sport, they sure are pushing it away. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to f1 not going back to Brazil until things can go off without life-endangerment. And honestly, while a nice track, it doesn't have many areas for passing and becomes quite processional.

@s griffin: I think max was only interested in setting record lap, and good for him for it. Don't think it was anything to do with racecraft or anything, he was just bored and annoyed and felt like making something interesting of it.
That's true, but he probably knew he was far enough ahead of Danny to know he could make that decision
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3780419)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max mentioned in his post-race comments, which you can see on formula1.com, that he wanted fastest lap; I suppose he also wanted to drive a well-handling car at that stage for pleasure. I don't know how much his lap times were dropping off, but he could have defended it from the angle of safety, but they haven't had the tyre failures Ferrari have previously had.

I don't agree with the Grosjean penalty either. He claims to have suffered a puncture. That being the case or not, the contact with Ocon was the result of him losing his car, not 'causing an avoidable accident' in the usual way. This sets an uneasy precedent for me. As a poster previously remarked, why not therefore handle Vettel one for Mexico?
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3780476)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I don't agree with the Grosjean penalty either. He claims to have suffered a puncture. That being the case or not, the contact with Ocon was the result of him losing his car, not 'causing an avoidable accident' in the usual way. This sets an uneasy precedent for me. As a poster previously remarked, why not therefore handle Vettel one for Mexico?
the entire system needs a shakeup, starting with the absolute basic remit. are they there to slap drivers on the wrist for being slack enough to lose control of their car and hit another one so early in the race? in which case they've turned far too many blind eyes this season.

unfortunately for grosjean i suspect there's very few people that listen to his excuses and whinging any more...
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3780480)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Max mentioned in his post-race comments, which you can see on formula1.com, that he wanted fastest lap; I suppose he also wanted to drive a well-handling car at that stage for pleasure. I don't know how much his lap times were dropping off, but he could have defended it from the angle of safety, but they haven't had the tyre failures Ferrari have previously had.
It was mentioned in commentary that he gets a bonus for fastest lap! They’ll never get him to nurse his car at the end with a clause like that.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3780533)   #61
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It was mentioned in commentary that he gets a bonus for fastest lap! They’ll never get him to nurse his car at the end with a clause like that.
Quite, sometimes you just have to wonder what a team is thinking when they draft a contract, talk about counter productive.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3780538)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Quite, sometimes you just have to wonder what a team is thinking when they draft a contract, talk about counter productive.
I wonder if at the time, it was felt that Max would be more of the 2nd driver in the team, and that Daniel was the better chance for WDC.
And setting fastest laps can fit in with the overall Red Bull ethos - but does lie at odds with general F1 tactical approach.

Now that he is the No.1 in the team, I would imagine that clause will be removed for 2018.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3780542)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wonder if at the time, it was felt that Max would be more of the 2nd driver in the team, and that Daniel was the better chance for WDC.
And setting fastest laps can fit in with the overall Red Bull ethos - but does lie at odds with general F1 tactical approach.

Now that he is the No.1 in the team, I would imagine that clause will be removed for 2018.
Sounds like a good theory.

Bet that clause will cost a bit to remove.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3780549)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed that in the commentary, but it's interesting. Vettel used to do that when he was leading by miles too. Nurse the gap, put in one or two fastest laps, then cruise again - and then get told off on the radio.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3780610)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a team boss and I've acquired a true racer. Am I unhappy.....?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3780804)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends. If you have two of them then it's problematic.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3780824)   #67
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you are bob fernley and i claim my £5