Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 30 May 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1924747)   #1
Marie-Ange
Rookie

Marie-Ange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Norwich Union MSA Classic 2007

MSA is about to reinstate its iconic classic car event, in partnership with Norwich Union, after a ten-year gap.

It is taking place on Sunday 14th October. The exhibition will consist in starting from different locations across the country and with cars finishing at Silverstone, after driving parade laps of the legendary Grand Prix circuit!!

The cost of entry set at just £100, which includes the Honorary laps of Silverstone.

If you need further details or information, please log onto www.msaclassic.co.uk

I hope I’ll see many of you there, because I won't miss it!!
Old 31 May 2007, 08:53 (Ref:1925259)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although a promotion, we would want to support this type of event, but it should be restricted to the particular forum catering for it, which in this case, is here!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 06:36 (Ref:1925907)   #3
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many cars go on this run roughly?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 06:52 (Ref:1925920)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always wanted to do this but as I live near Silverstone it seemed a bit daft. I like these runs though because they are sociable events. As to driving the track. Been there, done that (and will be again later this month).

The MG Car Club and the MG Owners Club organise the Brighton run from Brooklands to Marine Parade in Brighton every May. This is another (MG Only) run which is good fun.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 06:54 (Ref:1925922)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John875

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.msaclassic.co.uk
In its heyday, the event – then called the Norwich Union RAC Classic – welcomed over a thousand participating cars every year. The event reached a peak in 1996 with entries of over 1,600, including a host of unusual models, which included anything from a Morris Minor to a Ferrari 365 or a 1904 Benz and even a three-wheeler Morgan built in 1932 .
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1926159)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to remember that on at least one occasion the cars arrived at Silverstone to coincide with a race meeting I was attending. Hundreds of classics as far as the eye could see drove round the circuit several times during one of the breaks. Great sight.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1926163)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I always wanted to do this but as I live near Silverstone it seemed a bit daft. I like these runs though because they are sociable events. As to driving the track. Been there, done that (and will be again later this month).
When we used to do them it was before been there done that and it was part of the attraction. We used to chose the ones with the most tracks on the route.

I seem to remember we did a Silverstone to Silverstone event once.

They are good fun, there is nothing competitive to them, but usually are a very nice drive. It is good to see such a volume of wonderful cars, especially ones that haven't been butchered for racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
I seem to remember that on at least one occasion the cars arrived at Silverstone to coincide with a race meeting I was attending. Hundreds of classics as far as the eye could see drove round the circuit several times during one of the breaks. Great sight.
You may be right, I recall something.

It wasn't the NU, but was their a run that used to end at the Historic Festival?

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jun 2007 at 11:46.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 06:36 (Ref:1926690)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Peter, not as many as I had envisaged actually, that is about the same as the Bay to Birdwood in Adelaide
Old 2 Jun 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1926917)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It wasn't the NU, but was their a run that used to end at the Historic Festival?
It was the NU.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1926944)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheers.

I wonder if this time they will give out those medals. Occassionally I see them place, like the Museum at Shuttleworth. I was also talking to someone about Worcester, they'd never been, and was able to tell them I'd been given a medal for going there!