Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:10 (Ref:44008)   #1
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...after a superb season of "Schuey drama", I like to take this opportunity to thank the various members of this Forum for the invaluable contributions they've made in my life, thru battles-royal and interesting facts + figures about Formula1.

I didnt think the net was 'worth it' till i came across TT!

Gerard, Murph, Liz, Peter, Craig, TimD, NeilC, ValveBounce, MinardiFan, Neutral, Freud, RedNeck, angst, 130R, Ace, Jarama, AlRacing, RalfsGirl, Billy_hunt, Brett Munckton....and evryone else ...ur the BEST!!

Lookin forward to battle it out with you guys again in 2001....and i hope Schu continues with some controversial moves otherwise we'll all jus goto sleep wont we...thanx once again!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 12:25 (Ref:44030)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well then...you're welcome! And thank you to you too!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 22:56 (Ref:44150)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be here all winter trying to keep our wits sharp - do come by and make outrageous comments about TGF to keep us all on song!

And think about coming to Le Mans next year - we'll save you a space to pitch your tent!
Old 23 Oct 2000, 05:29 (Ref:44185)   #4
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Out of curiosity Liz, why Le Mans?????
Old 23 Oct 2000, 06:11 (Ref:44194)   #5
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
downforce, your a Schumi fan so I have to love you. As for all the other members, its been a fun year(mainly because Schumi won) and a pleasure to talk to you all. Happy offseason.
Old 23 Oct 2000, 15:27 (Ref:44273)   #6
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez Mr. Force, with that show of unabashed sentimentality, I have no other choice but to retract all those things I've said about you.

Just kidding. Back at 'cha, bro. Glad to have you around.
Old 23 Oct 2000, 20:30 (Ref:44335)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well seeing as this is a thank you thread, I would also like to say thank you to everyone here (including anyone I have argued with!!) for making the 2000 season even more enjoyable! Or the latter half, seeing as I didn't discover 10/10s till July.

So thank you all, and I hope to have more interesting and entertaining conversations with you all next season. But of course, I will be here throughout the off-season - thank God I will still be able to talk about F1!
Old 26 Oct 2000, 22:25 (Ref:45087)   #8
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
Lookin forward to battle it out with you guys again in 2001....and i hope Schu continues with some controversial moves otherwise we'll all jus goto sleep wont we...thanx once again!
Erm... is this going to end in the off season? naaaa, i think we'll find plenty of gossip and little petty squabbles to keep us always alive!

I will always keep my opinion about TGF and Ferrari, and TGF fans will also never change their minds, that is what i like so much about tese kinds of forums!

xxx
Carla
Old 27 Oct 2000, 00:17 (Ref:45114)   #9
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Although the formula one season is over this doesn't mean we are going to close down.
Like Carla said, there's plenty of gossip and little petty squabbles to keep us alive.
So stick around and keep the discussions going.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 00:36 (Ref:45116)   #10
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carla O

I will always keep my opinion about TGF and Ferrari, and TGF fans will also never change their minds

xxx
Carla
Doesn't mean we can't stop trying though does it .

Your welcome downforce it has been an absolute pleasure .

Good here innit
and the best thing is no body jumps on you for spellng mistakes or getting a little obvious fact wrong thanx guys

(or are you all as daft as me )
Old 27 Oct 2000, 02:02 (Ref:45131)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans - because virtually all of us either have been there or are going there next year or both - it is where the Elite Meet, as they say!

And it's cheaper than a Grand Prix and a lot more racing for the money.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 06:08 (Ref:45139)   #12
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Whoa!...wish i could afford Europe!!!...danke Liz.

phwot spfellig Billy?
Old 27 Oct 2000, 16:08 (Ref:45200)   #13
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´m going to use this post to thank all you guys for a great second half of the year, eventhough I argued with some of you, I have no hard feelings, the best part of writing your opinion is to be refuted. I also want to deeply thank my good old friendSharkybecause he was the guy who told me about TT, and it has been a nice experience.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 16:18 (Ref:45202)   #14
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers me dears. It has been interesting reading the various views of F1 (how mnany different versions of events can there be?). I'll still be here picking at the scraps like everybody else until the new season looms large. Looking forward to next season, just hope there'll be a bit more uncertainty regarding who's going to win...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 17:34 (Ref:45208)   #15
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks everybody for your precious time, thoughtful comments and of course F1 knowledge in this forum.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 19:58 (Ref:45235)   #16
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As I've always said 10-10ths is the best!

And I stick to my words. The reason is that on this forum in particular the moderators have been extremely fair having a well-balanced approach towards F1...thumbs up to you for great work! Us fans can be extremists, one-sided at times but you were great in ignoring our small mistakes & appreciating our good stuff.

It's been some time since I became a member of this forum & I have learnt a lot. One important aspect which I must mention is that I have learnt to analyze a situation with different point of views. I used to think that what's in front of us or what's presented to us by the media is always correct but I found out that in life we make misconceptions about many persons and think of them in a certain way or a certain label which is not always correct. A person who may look bad on TV screen/presented badly may yet be a very good person at heart. The TV & News media tries to distort our views but we should be strong enough to make our own conclusions based on MERIT, judgement, experience & that gut-feeling. We shouldnt just say that "Mclarens always makes the best cars" while their reliability was so bad & "the mistakes Michael made in 2000 were his faults" while the other driver was to be equally blamed.

I dont know about Schu fans opinions on Mika changed after Spa but my opinions about Michael have gotten better after this season. Michael is definitely a great driver of the f1 era we live in...only time will tell whether he becomes a true legend of the sport. What impressed me most about him this season was his will to achieve his goals at all cost. He had that determined spark in his bright eyes from the first practice session at Melbourne. He made it clear to all that he wanted this to be HIS season & no doubt 2001 belongs to Michael Schumacher. Yes Mika had his reliability problems but Michael also had his share of failures 7 mistakes. I was disappointed with Mika's attitude of "So What". Why did he lose his concentration in the middle season while Michael was driving flat-out? He had to snatch the title out of jaws of Michael which he failed to do and further more he failed to inspire Mclaren & Mercedez for his good. Imho its time Mika has got to get out of the shadow of Ron Dennis. He just cannot act as official Mclaren mouthpeice. If he doesnt put enough pressure on his team like Michael does he may find himslef thorougly beaten by Michael....YES THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL..No.1 on Michael's ferrari...he's got the tifosi in his pocket....he's got the best budget in f1...he's got FIA in his pocket....Michael is brimming with confidence & Imho he'll be UNSTOPPABLE in 2001!!

Strange, Freud said so
Old 28 Oct 2000, 04:47 (Ref:45331)   #17
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, first of all I am one schumi fan who has a new found respect for Mika. He has proved that he has the pace to run with Michael and was a great world champion. I do beleive that Mika will be strong next season so I wouldnt count him out just yet.
Old 28 Oct 2000, 13:23 (Ref:45394)   #18
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would also like to thank all you guys at this forum. These past 5 months have been great discussing with you guys. I had almost given up the search for a good racing forum but I finally found this one and it's been great. Great memebers, great discussions....just great.
Old 28 Oct 2000, 13:40 (Ref:45398)   #19
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep,

the thank you thread. Well done guys and girls, in many ways who cares who wins and looses. We the fans get into . it anyway. The interesting part is that you can cut loose over the net that you wouldn't do otherwise.

Ta All

Allan (I love Ford V8's, motorcycles, Mazdas Under duress, ummm, ummmmmmm, other things) Moffat
Old 29 Oct 2000, 11:34 (Ref:45542)   #20
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all of you for sharing comments, knowledge and having fair disputes.

I'm having a good time reading all of your posts, but don't post always 'cause my english is very poor.

BTW, thanks, chaps.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:52 (Ref:45782)   #21
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all thanx for the kind words Downforce, this is as you said a great BB.

This season has been one of best I've seen, and being a big fan of Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villeneuve makes it even sweeter!

If Jean Alesi, Eddie Irvine and Giancarlo Fisichella could join thier success next season I'll be a really happy camper!