Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Jun 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3545624)   #1
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross game

Not up with the latest racing game gossip. Any news in a World Rallycross Championship game please. Dirt 4 is rumoured to have that flaming Global Rallycross connected to it.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3545628)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would imagine it will come in time, but nothing around at the moment.

It will likely be incorporated into the next Dirt game I guessl with that Gymkhana rubbish and stunts etc.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3545629)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Dirt 4 is rumoured to have that flaming Global Rallycross connected to it.
That's not a rumour I've heard. I don't believe its been officially confirmed yet, but there has been a lot of communication between Codemasters and the World Rallycross Championship. It's seems likely that the forthcoming rallycross add on for Dirt Rally (scheduled for July) will include licensed World Rallycross content.

I was at Codemasters for a day late last year and had to sign a NDA, so I can't say too much about what I have been told. The rallycross track I played on the day will be very familiar to most on here though...

The forthcoming Seb Loeb rally game is also supposed to include rallycross. That is being developed by the same people who did the recent WRC games though (Milestone), so I'm not holding out much hope for it being any good.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3545631)   #4
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
That's not a rumour I've heard. I don't believe its been officially confirmed yet, but there has been a lot of communication between Codemasters and the World Rallycross Championship. It's seems likely that the forthcoming rallycross add on for Dirt Rally (scheduled for July) will include licensed World Rallycross content.

I was at Codemasters for a day late last year and had to sign a NDA, so I can't say too much about what I have been told. The rallycross track I played on the day will be very familiar to most on here though...

The forthcoming Seb Loeb rally game is also supposed to include rallycross. That is being developed by the same people who did the recent WRC games though (Milestone), so I'm not holding out much hope for it being any good.
Thanks very much for that info, your a star. Lydden ? Hope so.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3545639)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously those code masters men that were at lydden were obviously just taking pictures of cars for there own personal use
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3546042)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Thanks very much for that info, your a star. Lydden ? Hope so.
No worries! As I said the first rallycross add on for Dirt Rally will come in July, with a further expansion to be added in August.

Fingers crossed that when the Dirt Rally early access program is complete (which should be by the end of the year) they will roll the full game out on console.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3548176)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
When I played Dirt 3 I had a lot of fun with rallycross and gymkahana. BUt I struggled with rally and traiblazer stages, the car was impossible to drive on keyboard. I had the same issues with Need for Speed Shift, and unlike Race Driver Grid.

I'm afriad that with Dirt 4 becoming more like a proper sim, I won't be abled to drive with without a steering wheel.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3548337)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm afriad that with Dirt 4 becoming more like a proper sim, I won't be abled to drive with without a steering wheel.
Get a controller for your PC?

I've just seen the first gameplay trailer for the new Seb Loeb rally game is online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIOOzCPzkEE

...the brief snippets of what seems to be rallycross look very much like the 2012 X-Games (Los Angeles) track.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3554729)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but the latest update for DiRT Rally (v 0.5) has just been released. The accompanying notes for the release close with this footnote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRT Rally Tarmac Terrors Release Notes
Next stop. Rallycross.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3555029)   #10
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Hope they get it right. A simulator of the WRX championship is all that's needed.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3555045)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, the price has just gone up for Dirt rally.

THIS is your legacy Ian Bell and Project Cars, now every damn sim or sort of sim tyhat comes out is going to crowd funded,

PLayers are paying to test bugs, collate data and do all the stuff that QA testers aree supposed to do.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3555145)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol, the price has just gone up for Dirt rally.
They said it would; if you bought it early then you got all the content from the early access program free. As they add more content (Pikes Peak, Germany etc.), the purchase cost gradually goes up.

Codemasters haven't made false promises to buyers nor been investigated by the FSA yet (and they aren't aggressively shutting down anyone online who has a negative comment), so I'd say they are doing a better job than Project Cars.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3555154)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It is not so much that that bothers me

The car sim market is so miniscule it is a shame they do this type of thing to fund games.

Codemasters make more than enough surely to not warrant doing this type of thing, and I think it juts puts some poeple off.

I am not interested in pay up front for a non finished game and am even less interested in offering input.

I am a player, not a QA tester, and should simply be able to download the finished product.

This type of thing os the legacy of Mr Bell and what he has done, and that is a damn shame.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3555158)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I must confess it's not my preferred way of doing things, but I believe the intentions behind it are honest. When the game is complete and tweaked, it should be the game as players want it. I still have everything crossed that, once the game is complete on PC, there is sufficient demand to port it to console.

In other rallycross game news I see there is now a gameplay video for the rallycross content in Seb Loeb Rally Evo. As suspected from the earlier trailer the rallycross track shown is the Los Angeles X-Games track. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions on the behavior of the car...

https://youtu.be/PcrMCkWrrao
Old 1 Jul 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3555168)   #15
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I am convinced enough by the early reviews that it DiRT Rally is worth buying, now I just need to wait 2 hours for it to download

Then roll on July and August for the Rallycross packs.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3555385)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
For anyone not on Twitter, DiRT are in Holjes this weekend.

The Solberg kids are all trying something out...

Old 2 Jul 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3555396)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but from the World Rallycross Twitter feed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Rallycross Twitter
In a #WorldwideExclusive, here's a first look at the @dirtgame #WorldRX update! Look out for more info this weekend!

Old 2 Jul 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3555507)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Sorry for the triple attack on this thread chaps, but a behind the scenes look at the forthcoming rallycross add on for DiRT Rally, revealing Lydden Hill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWYmLt9H2s
Old 3 Jul 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3555581)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good stuff - just need to bring it to consoles now so I can play! (I'm still getting my fix from the original Dirt game)
Old 3 Jul 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3555656)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks interesting. Real tracks instead of fake over the top fantasy tracks.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3556176)   #21
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are also bringing in LĂ„nke
Old 6 Jul 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3556180)   #22
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just need to get these released on the consoles now!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3556212)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
They are debugging the game, it falls apart.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3556706)   #24
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good stuff - just need to bring it to consoles now so I can play! (I'm still getting my fix from the original Dirt game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Just need to get these released on the consoles now!
That's what I'm hoping! Though I must confess that the new rallycross content is making me very tempted to upgrade my PC in the meantime...

Hopefully they can get the licenses for all the manufacturers involved, so there is a full field of supercars in game.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3556715)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's what I'm hoping! Though I must confess that the new rallycross content is making me very tempted to upgrade my PC in the meantime...
I can't justify the cost of a gaming spec PC (I've got to get a new crash helmet and a HANS device for next year so other toys are much lower down the list of priorities).

Quote:
Hopefully they can get the licenses for all the manufacturers involved, so there is a full field of supercars in game.
Agreed - the variety is important and hopefully genuine colour schemes will be used too (I know it shouldn't make any difference but for whatever reason I just prefer to have the real thing).