Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Aug 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3563509)   #26
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WorldRX update is now available.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4905
Old 3 Aug 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3563517)   #27
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So glad that they have implemented the racing with a proper event structure (i.e. heats, semis and finals). Double joker laps for jump starts is a nice touch as well!
Old 3 Aug 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3563561)   #28
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I could play it, would definitely be my favorite video game of all time. They should make the acceleration and gearing a bit slower though, no way the cars go 120 mph or that they start revving so fast. Going 6th gear reaching full speed and revving just do not happen.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3563988)   #29
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must say i really enjoy it. Their rendition of lydden hill is very accurate and the cars seem to respond and react like they do in real life (i've not driven a supercar, but it seems correct). I only have a laptop to play it on, so I have to put the graphics on minimum but everything's really impressive soon.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3563993)   #30
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello48 View Post
Their rendition of lydden hill is very accurate
Apart from all the stuff in the background - I don't remember a ferris wheel ever being there

I have to say it does look very impressive though - just need it on a console now please Codemasters.....
Old 6 Aug 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3564185)   #31
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Apart from all the stuff in the background - I don't remember a ferris wheel ever being there
Funnily enough, I commented on that when I saw the circuit in game last year!

They added a bit of extra trackside furniture to make the circuit look a bit more interesting. I also commented that there were no photographers on the central island, but I note that they have now been added!
Old 6 Aug 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3564199)   #32
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I have to say it does look very impressive though - just need it on a console now please Codemasters.....
To be honest, I've not noticed the ferris wheel, concentrating too much on on the track :P I was more talking about comparing it to how i know it as a circuit and how it was last time out in april
Old 8 Aug 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3564615)   #33
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I think that's probably their plan, run it in 'early access' Beta mode until it's finished and then do a full release.

I really like that they've got fans doing the testing, it's far better way than to release it and be told that it's crap (like Milestone and the WRC horror series). This way they are actually able to take the advice/opinions of the people that play it and make changes on that basis. Okay so I paid £20 for the privilege, but it's better that I can play it now than to wait for another 12 months and pay full price. They've also managed to make one of the best rallying games that I've ever played, with all the cars and features that I've wanted, so I'm finding it difficult to complain too much.

As for the rallycross update, it's great fun, can't wait for the update later this month to have some more cars and Hell to be added. Although I haven't seen anything yet with the Audis in, so possibly they won't be included. Right now it's possibly a bit too easy, but Codemasters have accepted that and said that the next update will have improved AI.
Old 8 Aug 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3564685)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
As for the rallycross update, it's great fun, can't wait for the update later this month to have some more cars and Hell to be added. Although I haven't seen anything yet with the Audis in, so possibly they won't be included. Right now it's possibly a bit too easy, but Codemasters have accepted that and said that the next update will have improved AI.
There will be three more cars in the next pack; one is known (DS3), the other two aren't yet.

Paul Coleman (Chief DiRT Rally designer) has mentioned on Twitter and the Codemasters forum that the EKS Audi is currently a no-go due to licensing.
Old 9 Aug 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3564881)   #35
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
There will be three more cars in the next pack; one is known (DS3), the other two aren't yet.

Paul Coleman (Chief DiRT Rally designer) has mentioned on Twitter and the Codemasters forum that the EKS Audi is currently a no-go due to licensing.
That's what I suspected. Guess that the other two could be the Eklund Beetle and maybe the S3 of Munnich
Old 9 Aug 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3564917)   #36
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When they showcased the game in Höljes the Allinklude Audis were in the game and also the DS3. I don't remember if there were a third car though
Old 19 Sep 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3575013)   #37
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone please help, I'm not down with the kids. Struggling to work out when this is released and can I buy it in a box for a console. ? Only interested in the rallycross
Old 19 Sep 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3575024)   #38
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Someone please help, I'm not down with the kids. Struggling to work out when this is released and can I buy it in a box for a console. ? Only interested in the rallycross
It's not available on consoles yet - the game seems to be released in stages as and when they're ready. I think (if I've kept track of things) that it is intended to release on console once they've got 'enough' content. It's an interesting approach to developing - there does seem to be genuine input from the user base into the next set of updates - be that game physics tweaks or new content in terms of cars, stages disciplines etc etc. I'm with you though - I just want rallycross and I want it on a console!
Old 19 Sep 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3575046)   #39
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
It's not available on consoles yet - the game seems to be released in stages as and when they're ready. I think (if I've kept track of things) that it is intended to release on console once they've got 'enough' content. It's an interesting approach to developing - there does seem to be genuine input from the user base into the next set of updates - be that game physics tweaks or new content in terms of cars, stages disciplines etc etc. I'm with you though - I just want rallycross and I want it on a console!
It is currently being released on an "Early Access" programme: feedback from players is being used to fine tune the game. The timeline for new content was set out at the start of the year...

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline

...the last addition is due for release at the tail end of the year.

They haven't officially announced a console release yet, but it has been hinted in a number of interviews with the DiRT team: fingers crossed for an announcement when all the additional content has been released!
Old 22 Sep 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3576142)   #40
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Thanks guys. So as regards consoles guess it will be out on ps4 at some point. PS3 ?
Old 22 Sep 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3576207)   #41
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see the post-race interviews at Loheac?

I loved how Dubourg said he thought he was playing DIRT when he found himself in second just behind Solberg. The guy is a class act.

Must check this out when I have time. Do people genuinely think it as good as Richard Burns Rally? That's always been my benchmark.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3576276)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Thanks guys. So as regards consoles guess it will be out on ps4 at some point. PS3 ?
I personally would be very surprised to see a PS3 release at this point. F1 2015 was released earlier this year and that didn't get a PS3 version.

I have resisted buying a PS4 thus far, but if DR was announced I would crack!
Old 25 Sep 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3576919)   #43
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but an interview with Paul Coleman has been posted online...

http://www.spreaker.com/user/jakesan...man-from-codem

...during the interview he confirms that the next rally cars for the game will be McRae's '01 Focus RS WRC and Burns '01 Impreza S8 WRC. He also heavily hints at a console release.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3596146)   #44
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The Early Access program has now concluded with the release of the final add-on (Sweden rally) today.

Codemasters have uploaded a trailer for the full game here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJr-DMLka8

...which also confirms console release (PS4 and XB1) on 5th April 2016!
Old 9 Dec 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3596610)   #45
Janneman
Rookie

Netherlands
Janneman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think so far it's a really good game. But although out of early access I find it hard to believe this is it.

For rallycross:
- only 3 tracks
- the AI is sh^t and a second a lap to slow (at least)

On the other hand, I had some great online battles, real fun!
Old 2 Feb 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3610895)   #46
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Little update for anyone looking forward to this on console, additional content has been confirmed which includes Minicross and Super 1600 cars:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...fully-not-much
Old 2 Feb 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3611002)   #47
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great!
Old 6 Feb 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3612445)   #48
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tried this for the first time recently, and my God it is truly hideous.

The tracks are nicely put together, but the cars, compared to the rally cars feel utterly dull, they just spin the wheels a bit and don't really feel anything like I hoped for. Boring to drive, boring sounds.

As for online, perhaps the most pointless 5 minutes I have spent gaming in my entire life, it's either a wreckfest (which I quite enjoyed after a while lol or an alien jerk off.

Either way, a pointless addition to this great game and one which I shall take no part in, similar to the Pikes Peak stuff which is utterly uninspiring despite the cars available, they feel awful too.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3619229)   #49
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Right just ordering a PS4 online. It's all about Lydden for me. Men never grow up.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3619233)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Right just ordering a PS4 online. It's all about Lydden for me. Men never grow up.
I intend to buy one later this month so I'm ready for Dirt at the start of April!