Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 19 Feb 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1230198)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't know that! &$#$&&%!!!!!

From http://gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com/cms/article39.html

Quote:
If Grand Prix 5 is ever made, the earliest you will see it is 2007. Wondering why? It's because the Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe (SCEE) and Formula One Administration (FOA) have a contract giving the SCEE and Playstation 2 exclusive rights to Formula 1 titles until the year 2007.
I just read this. i have to say that I was somewhat surprised that there weren't any upcoming F1 games announcements by any of the mayor computer game makers but this is quite a blow to me. I guess us computer game users will just have to update our GP4 with 3rd party upgrades now.

Old 19 Feb 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1230243)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was signed and sealed a couple of years back Sharky, big shame I know.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1230244)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grand Prix 5 would be the best F1 game ever.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1230260)   #4
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
From http://gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com/cms/article39.html

I just read this. i have to say that I was somewhat surprised that there weren't any upcoming F1 games announcements by any of the mayor computer game makers but this is quite a blow to me. I guess us computer game users will just have to update our GP4 with 3rd party upgrades now.

However this does not prevent a Grand Prix 5 from being produced. If anyone else remembers the first game in the series F1GP (F1 Grand Prix) was also unofficial and did not come with the proper team or drivers names.

But coincidently the official team names and drivers names were printed in the manual, with a helpful renaming drivers and team names utility in the game.

I loved that game.

Last edited by James Kimbley; 19 Feb 2005 at 18:08.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1230343)   #5
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kimbley
However this does not prevent a Grand Prix 5 from being produced. If anyone else remembers the first game in the series F1GP (F1 Grand Prix) was also unofficial and did not come with the proper team or drivers names.

But coincidently the official team names and drivers names were printed in the manual, with a helpful renaming drivers and team names utility in the game.

I loved that game.
Indeed. However, I would think that some circuits could fall under that agreement and therefore be missing from any unofficial release. At least for F1 only circuits such as monaco.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1230396)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If there is ever a GP5, I just hope they put some effort into it this time.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1230452)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, GP4 was a real stinker...
Old 20 Feb 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1230454)   #8
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than GP3 that was just GP2 with slightly better GFX.

I like GP4 the graphics are excellent even by todays standards and the animated pit crew look incredible.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1230467)   #9
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP3 was good with the GP3 - 2000 season add-on. Added debris collision and pit radio and of course the 2000 season.

Overall GP2 has been the most run for me as it was the first with network and dial up multiplayer back in 96.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1230584)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was anyone turned off from GP4 just because it was soooo difficult to set up your wheel, I mean for pete's sake...
Old 20 Feb 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1230600)   #11
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even with all aids off I always found my car slightly steering itself into the corner... annoyed me so much I bought F1C instead and never looked back.

The GP series is ideal for keyboard racers, but GP4 was a real pain to play with a wheel I found.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1230602)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah, agreed.

GP4 was a lot faster on the keyboard than with a wheel, the cars partially steered themselves, even with all aids off, you couldn't stray far from the racing line before the car would get pulled back onto it by some mysterious force Worst £35 I ever spent.

Last edited by pirenzo; 20 Feb 2005 at 09:58.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1230678)   #13
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd say gp2 was the best, 3 seemed to lack something even with changable weather conditions, maybe because the narrow chassis/grooved tyre cars aren't so much fun to drive.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1230802)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GP2 was my fave as well. GP4 suffers from chronic faults, such as the steering "help" mentioned and the fact that the graphics are incredibly poor.

And why did Alex Yoong always beat Alonso?
Old 20 Feb 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1230807)   #15
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
graphics poor? they are a lot better than in F1C without addons
Old 20 Feb 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1230816)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well that's odd. I have the graphics on full detail and they are rubbish. Not exactly a massive step forward from GP3. They struck me as dated in 2002, so they've got no hope now.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 14:38 (Ref:1231456)   #17
Sharky
Veteran

To be perfectly honest I've never favoured the views that GP4 is rubbish. I've been a fan of the series since GP2 which I considered an almost perfect game. As time passed the only thing I wanted from GP2 was better graphics and a rainy enviroment both of which were delivered both in GP3 and GP4. Does GP4 have a couple of flaws? Certainly, but it's still, IMHO, the best F1 game out there. I've never been very keen on EA games' F1 installments. Personally, I think that they are too much arcade and too little simulation. A friend recently gave me F1 challenge and I haven't even completed a single race, not because it is so hard but because it seems a bit boring to me.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1231487)   #18
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Was anyone turned off from GP4 just because it was soooo difficult to set up your wheel, I mean for pete's sake...

I found it ok w/my wheel,

it just runs slow-mo on my machine :S
Old 21 Feb 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1231617)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it always crashed on my PC.
I did think the graphics were awesome (still do), and the AI were fun, but it was still not quite right.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1231821)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I played GP2 and it was fun, but F1 Challenge for me. However, what makes it worth (F1C) for us F1 players is the RH2004 mod. The car handles a hell of a lot better than in the original F1C.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1231824)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kimbley

I loved that game.

So did I, on a speeded up AMiga with Oliver Roberts excellant untility that would give you 1400hp it was ubelievable. Still my faveourite proper race game.