Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jun 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3545663)   #151
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Blancpain Sprint Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
It's my turn, than

I really enjoyed the street races in Baku. The track layout got better and the action on the track was great in 2014.

Nonetheless, Zandvoort is a great racetrack. And I assume team managers, mechanics, etc. will welcome the logistic advantages of a race in the Netherlands. Fly-away events are special...

How dare you bring a different opinion into a discussion forum!!

In all seriousness, I didn't mind Baku, the course always brought up some decent races (remember Kevin Estres charge that ultimately earned him a McLaren factory drive) so it's not like Baku was a boring track that people hated. But on the other hand Zandvoort is always special for a lot of people myself included so as a replacement goes it's a damn good one.

Last edited by rich07; 6 Jun 2015 at 22:41.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3545797)   #152
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well lets hope we see a Cadillac run at the Zandvoort BSS race now.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3546230)   #153
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone is interested in a little report and some photos from Zolder, well, here: http://www.gt-report.com/2015/06/08/the-unstoppables/
Old 8 Jun 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3546262)   #154
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Well lets hope we see a Cadillac run at the Zandvoort BSS race now.
I'm curious to find out if that end-of-year-deal for the top something PWC runners is still on. I doubt it.

Anyway, too bad it isn't Moscow instead of Baku but good news for Zandvoort nevertheless, let's hope there'll be some sort of Indian summer that weekend.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3546315)   #155
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm curious to find out if that end-of-year-deal for the top something PWC runners is still on. I doubt it.
I was told it's still on for the top 3 finishing teams in PWC.

-mike
Old 9 Jun 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3546577)   #156
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Thanks Mike.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3548088)   #157
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lov the new Mclaren livery:

Nice pics at Filckr:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=zolder%20%202015
Old 13 Jun 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3548352)   #158
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Russian version of Motorsport.com has published a sketch of the upcoming street course for the BSS event in Moscow in June. Picture and some additional info here.
... and changed! Now changing to a Friday/Saturday event on the same weekend at the Moscow Circuit, street race off the agenda.

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...t-series-event
Old 14 Jun 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3549449)   #159
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, we went from two street courses to none in under 7 days. But I guess you have to live with calendar changes if you are dealing with the SRO... GT1 calendars, anyone?
https://gt1world.wordpress.com/stati...race-weekends/
Old 16 Jun 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3551302)   #160
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think, change of Moscow event venue is a good news. Besides, there're 3 additional SMP cars there with GTE-Am Le Mans winner Shaitar (effectively, best Ferrari equipe at Le Mans), Aleshin and Ladygin. Plus Shulzhitsky for Nissan. And Vasiliev as popular as ever here. And I should say that strong results at Le Mans for SMP have already helped to gain more interest among fans.
Old 19 Jun 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3552181)   #161
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
... GTE-Am Le Mans winner Shaitar (effectively, best Ferrari equipe at Le Mans), Aleshin and Ladygin. Plus Shulzhitsky for Nissan. And Vasiliev as popular as ever here. And I should say that strong results at Le Mans for SMP have already helped to gain more interest among fans.
Valid argument: the big Russian name in the 'tin tops' are there. But I assume it takes a Petrov or a Kvyat to really appeal to the broader public (maybe not; I don't know much about racing in Russia).
Old 28 Jun 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3554519)   #162
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Valid argument: the big Russian name in the 'tin tops' are there. But I assume it takes a Petrov or a Kvyat to really appeal to the broader public (maybe not; I don't know much about racing in Russia).
Bad news for fans - SMP are not arriving to Moscow Raceway. So, - 3 cars, no Shaitar, no Aleshin - the drivers are really sad, but it's a decision of the team.

As for Petrov, yes, he has a fan club. Kvyat could gather more fans even if he would be at track side, signing autographs.

Besides, only three grand-stands are to be open. They are all located in front of start-finish straight and in the first turn.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3555733)   #163
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see Catsburg on pole for Reiter. The experience he had at the track with WTCC must've helped. Qualifying race starts in 45mins (if I have my time conversion correct haha)
Old 4 Jul 2015, 10:03 (Ref:3555737)   #164
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Just missed the start. What happened to the #0 Vanthoor/Frijns car?
Old 4 Jul 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3555740)   #165
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Just missed the start. What happened to the #0 Vanthoor/Frijns car?

I hate to say it but I missed the first five minutes so I'm wondering why I saw it trailing down pitlane. Great stop by Reiter, let's see if Prince can hang on.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3555742)   #166
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I hate to say it but I missed the first five minutes so I'm wondering why I saw it trailing down pitlane. Great stop by Reiter, let's see if Prince can hang on.
If you catch the highlights post-race let me know, I have to go now to get back before the main race. From what Watson said it sounds like there might have been a first-lap shunt between the #0 and one of the Bentleys directly behind.

Great win for Reiter, Catsburg & Von Thurd und Axis doing good stints in the car but that stop from the pit crew was mighty, dare I say WRT-esque.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3555744)   #167
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
2015 Blancpain Sprint Series

There were no brief highlights post race that I saw but I've been having stoppage issues so I could've missed it.

Yeah those Reiter guys were on point when it came to the pitstop, impressive stuff. It helped take the pressure off Prince Albert who made the most of Catsbergs stint. Well done! Great to see Reiter win, it doesn't happen enough, may that Gallardo is it's numerous variations grow old gracefully.

Bueno's surprise move on Ide was funny to watch, he just popped out when you weren't expecting him. Surprised Bell couldn't get past Ide the way that Audi was behaving.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3555745)   #168
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
@VanthoorLaurens: Great driving by @JulesSzymkowiak ! Destroying @m_winkelhock and my race in 2 laps. Real pro, congrats !
Nothing extra ordinary, just Bentley Boys gaining some new friends (once again....).
Old 4 Jul 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3555756)   #169
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Well that went truly pear shaped for Reiter in the main race . Interesting to see both Buhk and Seefried stall getting out of the pits.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3555796)   #170
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Just came home from the track. It was hot. Especially during the start of the main race. So sad for Winkelhock's unluck. He was the quickest among Audianers at the track that suits R8 LMS Ultra not so well.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3555835)   #171
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is the point of the qualifying race? Does it carry any championship points?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3555869)   #172
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What is the point of the qualifying race? Does it carry any championship points?
It does, but only half points compared to the main race. It also sets the starting grid for the main race (hence the name). I assume the idea is to let everyone get some running in race conditions first before doling out the big points.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3555875)   #173
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
And for TV too. Let's do not forget, that almost 100% of sporting regulations are tended to satisfy TV-viewers.
Old 1 Sep 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3570357)   #174
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blancpain sprint on this weekend.

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/sprint/

As normal I'll be going for the lads in the Lambo
Old 1 Sep 2015, 02:56 (Ref:3570380)   #175
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Blancpain sprint on this weekend.

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/sprint/

As normal I'll be going for the lads in the Lambo
No surprise there Scudd hope you're healing up well mate.

I see theres a reduced grid down to 15 cars this weekend. No Attempto McLaren of Bell and Estre. JRM replace MRS as the sole Nissan entry although the pairing of Dolby and Walkinshaw stay the same.

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bs...-for-portimao/

It seems the big money offered to win both championships isnt tempting enough to get more teams into the sprint series. Although when you look at it from a different angle, Blancpain Endurance Series reminds me more of the FIA GT of the 2000s with the longer races of three hours and longer duration. Add into the fact that the longer races mean more seat time for paying drivers and I can see the appeal of the Endurance Series over the Sprint Series. Not that the sprint races arent exciting though.