Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1580705)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's easy to criticise, every commentator mentioned has their fans and critics.

Personally, I couldn't care less when it comes to the commentary of sprint races, they basically describe what's onscreen. I'd prefer engine sounds with more extensive on screen info.

Where commentators come into their own is at endurance events.

The Radio Le Mans, Europsort/Motors TV and Speed commentary teams are always never less than entertaining, primarily because theres an informal 'chat' style.

It's the discussions, news and gossip that interest me, I can follow race positions online qutie easily.

The only commentator I dislike is the guy on ITV F1, it's only when he commentates you realise what a loss Murray was!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1580725)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Allen yes....I know him well.

Still, rather him than Carlton Kirby I'm afraid!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1587838)   #28
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Very desperate marketing by BMW there:

1. Celebrating the championship by producing a limited edition model of a DIFFERENT car than that which won the championship.

2. Andy Priaulx, the first British FIA World Champion since Damon Hill in 1996?

Oh, and I think it's leaning a bit off topic, since even if you find the source of the 'thread' of thought, it's ripping on Eurosport commentators

Again, I don't want to go off topic or anything...

but I think saying that this is a 'very desperate marketing' by BMW is a bit stupid... BMW's multi-million pound marketing machine helps to make them one of the most profitable car manufacturers in the world... I'm also pretty sure the 320si road car will either be a sell-out or have a long waiting list. And it's not like they could make a special edition of the E46, as it had mostly gone out of production as a body style by the time they won the WTCC. And it does have alot to do with homoligation anyway, just as the £250,000 E46 M3-GTR was to the Nürburgring 24h/ALMS cars. (p.s. I may not have all my facts right regarding homologation but I think it's safe to say they know better than your average ten-tenths reader)
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1588121)   #29
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Again, I don't want to go off topic or anything...

but I think saying that this is a 'very desperate marketing' by BMW is a bit stupid... BMW's multi-million pound marketing machine helps to make them one of the most profitable car manufacturers in the world... I'm also pretty sure the 320si road car will either be a sell-out or have a long waiting list. And it's not like they could make a special edition of the E46, as it had mostly gone out of production as a body style by the time they won the WTCC. And it does have alot to do with homoligation anyway, just as the £250,000 E46 M3-GTR was to the Nürburgring 24h/ALMS cars. (p.s. I may not have all my facts right regarding homologation but I think it's safe to say they know better than your average ten-tenths reader)
Wrong choice of words - I should have used 'far fetched, stretching, implausible'...
Old 19 Apr 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1588389)   #30
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Wrong choice of words - I should have used 'far fetched, stretching, implausible'...
...logical...sensible...obvious...

C'mon it's not like it's a Fiat Stilo M.Schumacher edition, or a 'Jordan' Honda Civic.

Maybe someone should start a new thread "Does Motorsport Success Sell Cars (a win on sunday = a sale on monday?)" ?
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1588395)   #31
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The fact is that Andy Priaulx is not the first British FIA World Champion since Damon Hill in 1996. That's JMO a big mistake by BMW.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1588467)   #32
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
The fact is that Andy Priaulx is not the first British FIA World Champion since Damon Hill in 1996. That's JMO a big mistake by BMW.
(Unless we're debating nationalities... i.e. Do Scottish drivers count, Priaulx is from Guernsey etc. etc.)...

Okay then, simple question... Who was the last Brit to win an FIA World Championship then?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1588506)   #33
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Richard Burns?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1588563)   #34
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie Campbell Walter / Julian Bailey GT 2000

When did Burns win WRC?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1588584)   #35
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram
Richard Burns?
hmm... fair enough

Well I'm sure whoever said this first is feeling mighty stupid right now
Old 19 Apr 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1588839)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat

When did Burns win WRC?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1588873)   #37
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
Jamie Campbell Walter / Julian Bailey GT 2000

When did Burns win WRC?
If I was really petty I could point out that this was FIA GT Championship... not FIA WORLD GT Championship
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1588885)   #38
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
If I was really petty I could point out that this was FIA GT Championship... not FIA WORLD GT Championship
Good thing you're not that petty then isn't it
Old 21 Apr 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1591284)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The La Rosa/De La Rosa mix-up happened rather too much!
Old 21 Apr 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1591292)   #40
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
The La Rosa/De La Rosa mix-up happened rather too much!
Actually, I'm still doing that one. It's pretty hard