Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Jun 2003, 17:22 (Ref:635709)   #1
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A name from the past!

Remember SolemHill? He used to post on here some time back. Been a busy lad since, but we share an office so we keep up to date.

Anyway, that wasn't the name from the past I'm on about. Solem's just been speaking to a guy sat in the next office.

His name is David Treacy.

Those of you with memories that stretch back to between 1986 and 1993 may recognise the name...

Anyone got access to (or can be bothered to find!) BTCC history - race results etc. from '86 and '93 ?? Post us a link!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 17:40 (Ref:635729)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oive bin moved!

Racing history makes more sense though - might get more response here...

Just a little (cos I only know a little) more...

David Treacy is a South African, competed in BTCC in 1986 (dunno how many races), and again in 1993 (when we think he replaced an injured driver for the last few races). In the intervening period he raced V8 saloons back in SA.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:26 (Ref:636830)   #3
JEMMO
Racer

JEMMO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldnt tell you anything about the 86 season unfortunately, but David Treacy didnt race in the BTCC in 1993. He's not mentioned in the 93 Touring Car year book anyway.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 10:50 (Ref:637449)   #4
supertouring
Racer

supertouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have done all driver/car combinations for my web site 1990-1997, never heard of this guy. No even as a sub for someone else. Will check my Autosports if I get a chance over the weekend.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 10:55 (Ref:637454)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There was a South African guy who subbed for Jeff Allen? in the days of the Cavalier, but it certainly wasn't the guy you mention.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 17:55 (Ref:637841)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That was Mike Briggs. David Treacy sounds vaguely familiar but I can't think why.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 09:04 (Ref:639001)   #7
supertouring
Racer

Could not find a David Treacy, but what about Colin Pearcy? Raced the ex-Patrick Watts MG Metro Turbo in 2 rounds in 86? Not sure if he raced again in the BTCC, but certainly did not during the 90's.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 09:22 (Ref:639015)   #8
supertouring
Racer

Mike Briggs and Jeff Allam both subbed for the injured James Thompson in 1995. James had a big accident in testing/practice(?) that put him out for the remainder of the season, so Jeff stepped in for 1 race at short notice and Mike (who was racing a Cavalier in Sout Africa) did the rest.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 11:43 (Ref:639095)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by JEMMO
Couldnt tell you anything about the 86 season unfortunately, but David Treacy didnt race in the BTCC in 1993. He's not mentioned in the 93 Touring Car year book anyway.
I've got a lot of 1986 results as well, and can't find him in those either- any clues?

The only other thing I can think of is a small group of South African drivers who came over to do at least one late-season ETCC round in 85 or so- they ran at the TT in a couple of cars leased from BTCC teams- one car was Frank Sytner's second BMW, but I'd have to dig out the programme to find out who the drvers were
Old 22 Jun 2003, 11:56 (Ref:639100)   #10
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by supertouring
Could not find a David Treacy, but what about Colin Pearcy? Raced the ex-Patrick Watts MG Metro Turbo in 2 rounds in 86? Not sure if he raced again in the BTCC, but certainly did not during the 90's.
Funnily enough, Colin Pearcy's name popped up in another thread yesterday (the one on TWR/Sanyo Rovers) He ran his Metro in a couple of rounds in 86, as you said and then did most of 87. I think he also drove a Chris Hodgetts Toyota Corolla at some point, but that may have been at a TT. I don't remember him appearing in the BTCC after this, but he's raced a lot in historics, particularly in MGs- don't think he's South African though.....