Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3769077)   #276
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sorry, I actually meant two meetings, as in one in May and then one in September say for example.
What the BTCC needs is a street race in London or Birmingham.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3769100)   #277
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I always thought Plato was the only paid driver in the field, unless he gets his salary paid to him through sponsorship and not from Subaru/Warren Scott?
Adrian Flux pay the majority of JP's income from BTCC at the moment, as it was in his Tesco 99 Momentum KX Clubcard days. Hence he will always aim to get his sponsor's details in whenever possible.

Remember, he approached BMR with the idea to use a Subaru, but they had to continue with the VW for a while first until it was all in place. Subaru would not be interested in paying a driver's salary in BTCC (as I expect most manufacturers feel).
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3769115)   #278
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I always thought Plato was the only paid driver in the field, unless he gets his salary paid to him through sponsorship and not from Subaru/Warren Scott?
I don't think Warren Scott has enough money to pay himself. I think 2018 will be the last season for the MG's, if they survive this season without any more major damage.

I think BMR will probably downsize to 2 cars, with Price and Cole not returning.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3769264)   #279
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Mike Bushell winning the Clio Cup again, will we see him make a return to the BTCC?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3769270)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Could do, depends where?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3769274)   #281
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interviewed after the final race at Silverstone, Bushell did say that he'd like to get back in the BTCC again but (if I recall correctly) it would be hard work to get there. He'll definitely be on the radar for a few teams, I reckon, but he'll have to put some graft in to get the sponsors.

He's also, all being well, going to be a dad around BTCC media day next year, so he's going to be busy with that too
Old 24 Sep 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3769571)   #282
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brett Smith will be f/t as Eurotech judging by what he's just said after the Mini Challenge race
Old 24 Sep 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3769612)   #283
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of where he ends up, and it's been covered, but this is still lovely.

“The reception from the fans has also been brilliant. The fans are what make the championship – you can have any championship in the world with any cars you like, and the racing can be as close as you like, but if you haven’t got the fans, you haven’t got a championship.

“I’ve been away for 14 years, and they’ve remembered me, followed me and welcomed me back like I’ve never been welcomed before, and to have that kind of response is very humbling.

“What a team these guys are and it’s great to be here in front of some great fans. I really want to get myself back into the BTCC – it’s been a great weekend.”

http://www.btcc.net/2017/09/20/huff-...ophied-return/
Old 25 Sep 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3769699)   #284
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks great, a step forward for the MG 6. Would be nice to see it in the BTCC next season.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...chinese-market
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3769706)   #285
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rob Huff, the BTCC fans always remember who has raced in the series, so no surprise the reception he got. It was great to have him back, adding to an already great field

And an MG new car would be the obvious solution, as it's clear the current one seems past it's best
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3769712)   #286
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
This looks great, a step forward for the MG 6. Would be nice to see it in the BTCC next season.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...chinese-market
Agree, would be better - but as there is only 1 year left for MG and I believe it is for the Chinese market only, sadly it looks like we'll be stuck with the old 6's for 2018...
Old 25 Sep 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3769794)   #287
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
and I believe it is for the Chinese market only, sadly it looks like we'll be stuck with the old 6's for 2018...
...or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The first line of that linked article
The new MG 6 has been revealed for the Chinese market ahead of an anticipated UK launch next year.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3769802)   #288
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Whoops, sorry - what I get for skim reading! Guess I went by the title of the article... :P

Though with 888's financial difficulties I still can't see it happening. Also at a glance it looks bigger - the rear looks very bulky?
Old 26 Sep 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3769841)   #289
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, doesn't seem very likely, but who knows... I'm still surprised MG have stuck around this long.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3770077)   #290
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...urn-btcc-2018/

The confirmation that James Nash is going to return to BTCC next year. For me it is quite a surprise however it'd be great to see him back. Another quality driver in the BTCC field would mean a lot to the series.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3770078)   #291
BobJones
Veteran

Would be a great addition to the field.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3770087)   #292
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post

The confirmation that James Nash is going to return to BTCC next year. For me it is quite a surprise however it'd be great to see him back. Another quality driver in the BTCC field would mean a lot to the series.
It doesn't really amount to confirmation just yet.....

'I’m looking at all options, and at the moment, the BTCC is top of my list for next year, the TCR International Series has been great, and I’m not ruling that out either.'
Old 27 Sep 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3770095)   #293
S griffin
Veteran

It's interesting where he would go? Maybe the second Handy Alfa?
Old 27 Sep 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3770114)   #294
BobJones
Veteran

Lot's of shuffling for next season, exciting times ahead.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3770124)   #295
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Lot's of shuffling for next season, exciting times ahead.

Hopefully it will be as competitive as this season's grid
Old 27 Sep 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3770137)   #296
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's interesting where he would go? Maybe the second Handy Alfa?
Handy aren't running two cars
Old 27 Sep 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3770138)   #297
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That MG is not coming to the UK. Unless of course the journalist in question knows more than top brass.

Which is possible...
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3770645)   #298
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

James Nash said he would come back to the BTCC for a paid works drive.
He's not good enough for that, so unlikely we'll see him.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3770684)   #299
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are paid works drives in BTCC really?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3770715)   #300
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Are paid works drives in BTCC really?
Simple. No.