Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 Oct 2013, 00:50 (Ref:3311264)   #1501
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Yup. I think Shaw could harmonate well with Goodyear and Cheever. Not to mention that he did a good job when he called CART and ChampCar.
Shaw would discipline Goodyear and Cheever.

There would be absolutely no nonsense tolerated under the watch of headmaster Jeremy Shaw.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3312694)   #1502
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Honda says series needs 3rd engine supplier.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110305
Old 4 Oct 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3312706)   #1503
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Honda says series needs 3rd engine supplier.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110305
"We're reaching out to any manufacturer that has interest in IndyCar," he told AUTOSPORT.
And who would IndyCar be talking to? Which manufacturers have any interest?

Ford would the most obvious manufacturer, I'd think. They haven't denied any interest in IndyCar, at least.

BMW, Ferrari, Audi and VW group don't seem like the right fit, although you never know.

Porsche tried in the 80s and failed miserably. Sorry, Teo.

Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3312727)   #1504
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If it's basic enough engine there's no real reason why any manufacturer couldn't have a go. A manufacturer winning the Indianapolis 500 will appeal.

Like all these problems, it all goes back to the dismal ratings. Alright the 500 even in its diminished state will always command a certain audience share. Commissioning an engine for an entire season though, is an ask but if noone is watching throughout the season then it all seems kinda pointless.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3312881)   #1505
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TK to Ganassi for next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110330

Looks like multi-car super teams is the trend for next year.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3312883)   #1506
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Ganassi to Chevy next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110331

Lots of changes going on at Ganassi.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3312957)   #1507
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Penske to call for Castroneves

Is he tired of Mr Power?

And what chance Penske switching to Honda?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3312962)   #1508
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Penske to call for Castroneves

Is he tired of Mr Power?

I thought it was Penske who brought Chevy back in to IndyCar.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3312968)   #1509
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought it was Penske who brought Chevy back in to IndyCar.
Sure, but will Mr Penske want what everyone else has got? Traditionally this hasnt been the case.

The Ganassi signing makes Honda's 2014 roster look a little light now...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Oct 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3312990)   #1510
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is he tired of Mr Power?

I believe Penske brought JPM in to motive Mr. Power.

Honda will go after Andretti. Hard.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3313009)   #1511
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Penske switches to Castroneves because Castroneves is ready clinch the title. Power is out of it. Beyond that, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3314229)   #1512
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
James Jakes is a free agent after this season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110431
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3315195)   #1513
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Honda not looking for a 'name' team to replace Ganassi

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110459
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3315199)   #1514
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
British team Carlin, whose former drivers include Takuma Sato, who won the British Formula 3 title with them in 2001, as well as Charlie Kimball and Josef Newgarden, is looking to race in IndyCar.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110476
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3315269)   #1515
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
British team Carlin, whose former drivers include Takuma Sato, who won the British Formula 3 title with them in 2001, as well as Charlie Kimball and Josef Newgarden, is looking to race in IndyCar.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110476
Some time in the future. Maybe. [i.e won't happen]
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3315382)   #1516
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure I've ever heard Michael Andretti referred to as "little Andretti" before - not sure if that's Penske being patronizing, or that's a "real" nickname?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3315503)   #1517
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I'm not sure I've ever heard Michael Andretti referred to as "little Andretti" before - not sure if that's Penske being patronizing, or that's a "real" nickname?
Consider Penske's POV. He's been in the business a long time and there was a time when Michael Andretti was "little".
Old 10 Oct 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3315505)   #1518
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Consider Penske's POV. He's been in the business a long time and there was a time when Michael Andretti was "little".
With all these multi-car teams, it's just going to get of a hell of a lot bigger, including Michael Andretti; but I worry about the smaller teams.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3315635)   #1519
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Similar case as in F1. The top 3, maybe 4, will afford to pay their drivers (which is not even the case today...) while the smaller ones will rely on sponsorship/private monies to be brought in with the driver... same old story.

But it is true that I see Indycar finally expanding nicely again and it deserves so much more awareness, buzz and even respect than it has today.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3315746)   #1520
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Similar case as in F1. The top 3, maybe 4, will afford to pay their drivers (which is not even the case today...) while the smaller ones will rely on sponsorship/private monies to be brought in with the driver... same old story.

But it is true that I see Indycar finally expanding nicely again and it deserves so much more awareness, buzz and even respect than it has today.
I wish I could share your optimism regarding the series expansion. There's no race in Brazil next year and the season looks like it will be reduced to 14 races, all crammed in from March to September.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3315748)   #1521
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Allomendinger gets Penske Fontana drive.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110486
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3315751)   #1522
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Tagliani gets Franchitti's seat for Fontana.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110487
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3315804)   #1523
ace007
Racer

Quote:
I wish I could share your optimism regarding the series expansion. There's no race in Brazil next year and the season looks like it will be reduced to 14 races, all crammed in from March to September.
I know what you are saying but I prefer 14 well promoted and PACKED races rather than just 18 semi-unattended...

Having said that, they really need to get better TV coverage everywhere. That's where Bernie excelled (besides the track deals...). It is barely known in the US and everybody mixes it up with Nascar if it is possible. Someone helps here!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3315815)   #1524
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
I know what you are saying but I prefer 14 well promoted and PACKED races rather than just 18 semi-unattended...
A series that doesn't run for 6/7 months is not a good thing. And that huge gap won't help with TV ratings, which are already horrible.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3315843)   #1525
ace007
Racer

Unfortunately, I have to agree.