Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 May 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2465192)   #26
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Still dont know what im racing. I have packed the wine into the truck JohnGee
That's most important and could avoid difficult questions at the driver's briefing! .........providing you are very discreet or make it obvious that it's not a bribe .

Don't forget your licence!
Old 19 May 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2465197)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or what Yellow flags mean!!
Old 19 May 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2465424)   #28
ads274
Rookie

ads274 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, my first post here (although I've been quite an avid reader for a while!) I'm planning on camping for the masters festival on the sunday, I've never camped at Brands before. I was just wondering if you have to book and whether it's easy to locate. Plus what it costs per night.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 20 May 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2465503)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!

Welcome ads274. When you say camping are you saying "tent". Its no prob we stay in the trucks,rickety motor homes ans tents at all the tracks.Easier if you send me a PM with a phone no and i will talk you through it.I will be at Brands from Friday dinnertime.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2465885)   #30
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really looking forward to this weekend although the weather looks a bit rough. Will be 3 years running of rain if it is wet once again.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_business
Old 20 May 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2465909)   #31
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be worse than last year...
Old 20 May 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2465914)   #32
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
roger,
far too pessimistic, the Met Office reckons rain Sunday only
this link should update as we get closer
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html
Old 20 May 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2465928)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger the weather,I want a Hotel! Nothing available anywhere near the circuit,must be a big event going on somewhere
Old 20 May 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2465929)   #34
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Bugger the weather,I want a Hotel! Nothing available anywhere near the circuit,must be a big event going on somewhere
I've got 4 stables nearby if you don't mind sharing.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2465988)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
I've got 4 stables nearby if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks Tim but I have to say Nehhhh!
Old 20 May 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2465997)   #36
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Really looking forward to this weekend although the weather looks a bit rough. Will be 3 years running of rain if it is wet once again.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_business
Roger,
bbc.co.uk/weather doesn't show any rain at all. I'm going to stick with that one. Though they probably said the same last year!
Old 21 May 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2466154)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Roger,
bbc.co.uk/weather doesn't show any rain at all. I'm going to stick with that one. Though they probably said the same last year!
Yes, all changed again! It seems difficult for the forecasters to predict more than 24hrs ahead nowadays- probably why they spend as much time on TV telling us what we had yesterday as what to expect tomorrow......

So slicks it is then!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 21 May 2009 at 05:12. Reason: Addition to text
Old 21 May 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2466175)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Reading the last e mail i had from Masters what ever choice of tyre dont foget to tighten your nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Whats all that about?
Old 21 May 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2466183)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It could be something to do with the amount of wheel's that have fallen off.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2466191)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Reading the last e mail i had from Masters what ever choice of tyre dont foget to tighten your nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Whats all that about?
Perhaps the words "due to the number of incidents where wheels have fallen off.........." give you a clue?

As it happens when we chacked the car over after qualifying at Snetterton we found a front hub bolt had sheared. Unusual but fixable. Also solved the understeer problem I had.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2466193)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we did U2TC a few years ago at the first Masters regatta, I sincerely hope the weathers better than that weekend
Old 21 May 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2466207)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
At Donington a Mk1 Jag snapped a halfshaft at the outer end, something I've seen happen to XKs as well. A bit more than loose nuts! Not sure about the F1/GPM probs referred to. Your steering arm bolt problem at Snet has got me checking mine before I go on track, Peter!

Oh, and BBC weather now suggesting possible 'thunder plumes' from near continent later on Monday! Probably about 1530hrs.....
Old 21 May 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2466219)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Mike just when we start Gentleman drivers race.
Old 21 May 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2466227)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Your steering arm bolt problem at Snet has got me checking mine before I go on track, Peter!
As you should anyway!
Old 21 May 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2466237)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks Mike just when we start Gentleman drivers race.
Oh, though it was start of Touring 70s
Old 21 May 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2466238)   #46
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
snapped halfshaftsd ( onsmall Fords at least) are usually badly fitting wheels ?

or if your nuts bottom out before your rims tight!

Gordon will probably testify, as will JFW at Spa a few years ago
Old 21 May 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2466306)   #47
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My newspaper today is suggesting that the Met. Office is predicting an unusually warm (even HOT) BH weekend.

Presumably that implies ice racing then. Does Brands allow you use studded tyres?
Old 21 May 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2466428)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just read in Autosport i will be racing against Sir Stirling Moss. Very excited going to try and get his autograph
Old 21 May 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2466438)   #49
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
My newspaper today is suggesting that the Met. Office is predicting an unusually warm (even HOT) BH weekend.

Presumably that implies ice racing then. Does Brands allow you use studded tyres?
Bit too early for snow at Brands, give it another 4 weeks or so.
Old 21 May 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2466444)   #50
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this now, going to come along Monday for sure, possibly saturday afternoon, i could be more tempted with info on hopefully big grids?
And Delta i have met Sir Moss before and hes a great guy, really friendly and took a real interest in my Carrera Slot car Merc SLR, which he then signed He is really approachable and chatty so go for it, especially as your racing against him, in what car incidently?
Simon

Tags
historic motorsport, masters