Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3165963)   #126
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Rio is always blah-blah-blah... They said they would make Jacarepagua better than ever, and they destroy it completely. Now they promise, and promises are things they do so well, a new track built from scratch. Ask the racing community there and you'll know the hard truth. It's only excuses for spending more money with over-billed constructions and then they leave them with no support to keep them operational. That's what happened to Jacarepagua after the Pan-American olympics, and now they come with "new" projects... BS.
Well, the 2016 Olympics wouldn't classify as B.S. now, would it? Or the 2014 World Cup?
Old 13 Nov 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3165986)   #127
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Well, the 2016 Olympics wouldn't classify as B.S. now, would it? Or the 2014 World Cup?
Gold BS, when the expenditure of reforming/building all those structures has exceeded US$ 500 million of what was expected.

But there you are, here's a country with virtually unlimited resources and a people who loves to party...
Old 16 Nov 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3167100)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Rio is always blah-blah-blah... They said they would make Jacarepagua better than ever, and they destroy it completely. Now they promise, and promises are things they do so well, a new track built from scratch. Ask the racing community there and you'll know the hard truth.
I also don't trust politicians from Rio. The only way is that an promoter finds sponsors and designs a street circuit, so polititcans appears on the photo.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3167168)   #129
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tavo Hellmund is now working on a GP for Mexico probably at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico city after an upgrade. He is hoping it will be ready for 2014.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/186162/...exican_gp.html

There is certainly potential for a successful Mexican with Perez a potential GP winner at McLaren.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3167257)   #130
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That still has to be the best venue for a GP?

Ok, you would have to get rid of that stupid stadium infield bit that cut out half of the Classic Peraltalda corner and increase the overall length by a mile, but it has history...
Old 17 Nov 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3167312)   #131
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's the best place because it's closest to DF.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 03:06 (Ref:3167321)   #132
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
While you take some things with a grain of salt, Bernie did say in an interview, within the last week, that Hermanos Rogriguez would "definitely not" host F1.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 02:42 (Ref:3167695)   #133
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Anyway Interlagos is just brilliant...
Indeed. But it was a rather 'politically incorrect' swipe at the venue that Martin Whitmarsh took at it in the Friday press conference, in reply to a question regarding BE's assertion that all F1 circuits should now be of a standard similar to that of COTA, etc. In other words: How long can Interlagos get away with being a bit of a dump.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3167860)   #134
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed. But it was a rather 'politically incorrect' swipe at the venue that Martin Whitmarsh took at it in the Friday press conference, in reply to a question regarding BE's assertion that all F1 circuits should now be of a standard similar to that of COTA, etc. In other words: How long can Interlagos get away with being a bit of a dump.
Simply because BE let it get away with it.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3167935)   #135
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this for real?

http://www.pitpass.com/47947-Ecclest...ian-Grand-Prix

A second Indian GP when the first one has only 2/3 attendance?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3167965)   #136
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Is this for real?

Ouch...
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3168175)   #137
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is this for real?

Pitpass reporting one of their own staff's report for an Indian newspaper, of speculation based on a supposed quote from BE.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3169049)   #138
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
More on a Mexican GP from Joe Saward who says that a deal has been done probably for 2014 at Mexico city with a revamp of the old track.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...ican-standoff/
Old 20 Nov 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3169132)   #139
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
More on a Mexican GP from Joe Saward who says that a deal has been done probably for 2014 at Mexico city with a revamp of the old track.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...ican-standoff/
The interesting part to me is that the circuit may only be a stop gap whilst the Cancun (or another) venue is built.....

Again shame about that bloody stadium - if it wasn't for that, the old layout with a revamped pit complex (plus a suitable half mile extension or so somewhere within the grounds) would've been fine.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3169462)   #140
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Just reinstate the original layout, and you've just about got that half a mile right there! I know, the chances of getting them to accept Espiral, the original Horquilla hairpin, not to mention Peralta(da), I can't imagine being all that good.

On the bright side, with the space constraints there, I don't think they can mess it up too much. They won't have to worry as much about "excessive speed" there either, with the track being at over 7,000ft (thinner air=less downforce and less power).
Old 21 Nov 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3169493)   #141
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Just reinstate the original layout, and you've just about got that half a mile right there! I know, the chances of getting them to accept Espiral, the original Horquilla hairpin, not to mention Peralta(da), I can't imagine being all that good.

On the bright side, with the space constraints there, I don't think they can mess it up too much. They won't have to worry as much about "excessive speed" there either, with the track being at over 7,000ft (thinner air=less downforce and less power).
You might get an idea why the original Peralta cannot be used.

hope the link works.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&sour...,0.038409&z=15
Old 21 Nov 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3169498)   #142
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Oh yeah! There seems to be some stuff in the way.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3169514)   #143
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
You might get an idea why the original Peralta cannot be used.

hope the link works.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&sour...,0.038409&z=15
Quote:
Oh yeah! There seems to be some stuff in the way.
Some ? Everything !
Old 21 Nov 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3169540)   #144
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The circuit could be used but it isn't long enough or dare I say it safe enough in current guise. I can't see how they can carry out the sort of amendments that would be required within those boundaries!!
Old 5 Dec 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3175549)   #145
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
At interesting idea has emerged from Joe Saward about a GP in Austria next year due to logistics the tracks owner also owning the top team in F1. It would just be a one off while others get their plans and $$$$$ sorted.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...it-be-austria/

The thought also crossed my mind with a certain amount of risk attached to a German GP at the moment an Austrian GP might be enough to satisfy the teams etc.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3175553)   #146
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Does anyone get the feeling that CVC/Bernie are actually required to now have 20 races on the calendar in order to meet certain conditions with regard to payments to the teams?

Bernie does seem to be trying to nail down that 20th race more than he would normally.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3175558)   #147
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Does anyone get the feeling that CVC/Bernie are actually required to now have 20 races on the calendar in order to meet certain conditions with regard to payments to the teams?

Bernie does seem to be trying to nail down that 20th race more than he would normally.
I would agree with you about that but I would suspect it is pressure coming from CVC to maximise returns. It may also be something to do with the prise fund that the teams get.

If we knew what was in the latest concorde agreement it could give clues as to why that pressure for 20 races is there.
I don't think there is any real prssure from the teams for more races because more races increase their costs and put more pressure on their personel.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3175807)   #148
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im sure there is a minimum number of races required before penalties and additional payments to the teams kick in. not sure its 20 in total because that would be high but isnt there a requirement (maybe imposed by the teams) to have a minimum of European events?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3175817)   #149
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
forgot to add, that with no Valencia and New jersey not ready thats only 19 confirmed races. now that Germany appears to be iffy it could be only 18 races.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3176355)   #150
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since the post race interview are now conducted on the podium, typically by a motorsport personality from that country. My qualification for future gp would be, if you can't provide a legitimate, respectable motorsport name to do these interviews, you shouldn't get a gp.