Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Nov 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3590320)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cest la vie . I've said it before and now I will say it again " there is tooooo much historic motor sport " Someone is gonna loose out
I guess "the market" will prevail. Those events that are perceived to offer poor value/ experience for money for the competitor will whither.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3590331)   #52
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC calendar will be published by end of November.

Lime Rock Historic Fall Festival is 1-5 September, really worth the trip.

SVRA schedule here

http://www.svra.com/news/2016-schedule/

Last edited by Cliff Ryan; 14 Nov 2015 at 12:01.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3590342)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I guess "the market" will prevail. Those events that are perceived to offer poor value/ experience for money for the competitor will whither.
Not seen too much evidence so far.

Doubt if Peter Auto Spa Classic clashing with Monaco Hist GP will lead to poor entry at either, likewise Pau Hist GP and HSCC Silverstone.

MG Live clashing with HSCC Snetterton 'Autosport 3hr' and PA Dijon L'Age D'Or possibly.....

Cliff, you need to update me regarding your adventures over the pond. Ace Cafe after Xmas?
Old 14 Nov 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3590343)   #54
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's events for more modern cars that are withering, Mike, as people move in to historics?

Historic racing has been a growth area over the last few years and those participants have to come from some where. I doubt the overall number of licence holders has gone up, but I don't know!
Old 14 Nov 2015, 13:49 (Ref:3590356)   #55
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I raced on the Int circuit earlier this year, and it was odd seeing cars seemingly coming at you on the National bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Yes. HSCC will use the normal club layout whereas the BRSCC meeting will operate out of the Wing and the circuit will follow the GP configuration until the Loop before taking a short section of infield tarmac before rejoining the GP circuit just before Chapel.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3590369)   #56
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Cliff, you need to update me regarding your adventures over the pond. Ace Cafe after Xmas?
Yes, look forward to (boring you with) it!

Want to run some ideas past you regarding Daniel's Mexico also.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 03:11 (Ref:3590951)   #57
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Phillip Island Classic (biggest historic meeting in the southern hemisphere) is on March 11-13.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3590970)   #58
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And in Scandinavia-

May 13-15 Kinnekulle Historic Meeting

July 30/31 Copenhagen Historic GP

The Kinnekulle race is not the only one in Sweden. Race dates for the 2016 historic Championship are:
May 13-15 Kinnekulle, June 17-19 Karlskoga, July 1-3 Knutstorp, August 19-21 Mantorp, September 16-18 Falkenberg

All races are strictly according to Appendix K with separate grids for Touring Cars, GT, Formula Ford, Formula Vee, slicks-shod single-seaters (Formula 2, 3, Atlantic, F2000), sports 2000. In addition Formula Junior, Formula 3/500, Formula 3/1000, pre-war cars, racings sports cars are also welcom and will be put into a race with similar cars. For example F3/1000 will race with Formula Ford. Of course, occassionally one of these classes might get a race of their own. This will for example be the case with Formula Junior at the Kinnekulle event.

Maybe an idea to combine a couple of days of holiday with one of the Swedish races? PM me if you have questions or need more information.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3590992)   #59
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

CSCC dates just released:
March 24th Snetterton (300) Test Day
April 9th /10th Snetterton (300)
April 30th /May 1st Silverstone (National)
June 4th/5th Brands Hatch (Indy)
June 24th /25th /26th Spa Francorchamps
July 23rd /24th Anglesey (Coastal)
August 13th/14th Thruxton
September 3rd /4th Donington Park (National)
September 17th/18th Cadwell Park (Full)
October 15th Oulton Park (International)
Old 17 Nov 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3591007)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Lars, and thank you Cliff for the updates. Thanks also, David, for the Phillip Island info.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3591109)   #61
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
Thank you Lars, and thank you Cliff for the updates. Thanks also, David, for the Phillip Island info.
You're welcome. Now we just need some British drivers to come over to race in Sweden .
Old 17 Nov 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3591114)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Peter Auto dates are now in their website. Imola confirmed as October 21-23, a week earlier than I had assumed. Group C Racing are at all 5 events on the calendar.

Even more curious now where Algarve Classic will feature during the month, if it is to be held. PA regulars already have the Le Castellet meeting 3 weeks before Imola, so can't see them finding time to visit the Algarve as well! Maybe The circuit will rely on HGPCA, MRL, GTSCC, U2TC and the Iberian series to fill the weekend. Perhaps losing CER grids will help in achieving a shorter day than this year!

Still no news from Masters, but have heard rumour that their usual season starter 'Catalan Classic' at Barcelona won't happen in 2016, due to circuit being unavailable....
Old 18 Nov 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3591248)   #63
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
You're welcome. Now we just need some British drivers to come over to race in Sweden .
Would love to but my car isn't AppK.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Nov 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3591303)   #64
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Would love to but my car isn't AppK.
A pity!
Old 18 Nov 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3591322)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
For 2016 'Group C Racing' are joining Peter Auto at their events, as mentioned a few posts back, except for the late October meeting at Imola. For those in the UK, they will be racing at the Silverstone Classic, however!

The dates are-

Apr 01-03 Jarama
May 13-15 Spa
Jun 03-05 Dijon
Jul 29-31 Silverstone
Oct 01/02 Le Castellet
Old 19 Nov 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3591421)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Seeing as there is mention of Race Retro on another thread, the pre-season shows we all know about and sometimes moan about are-

Jan 14-17 Autosport Show NEC (1st two days 'trade' only)
Feb 03-07 Retromobile Paris
Feb 26-28 Race Retro Stoneleigh

I've checked on cost of getting to NEC by rail from here, and almost as cheap and quick to go to Retromobile!
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3591453)   #67
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've been wondering about the same, can I get Eurostar to Paris for the weekend instead of the joys of M23/25/40
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3591465)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've been wondering about the same, can I get Eurostar to Paris for the weekend instead of the joys of M23/25/40
I did the trip to Retromobile several years ago, and really should go again. It's got class. I can feel a Eurostar trip coming on.....

Old 19 Nov 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3591511)   #69
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone heading to Sweden to race might also like to consider popping over to Finland.
4 races next year:
28-29.5 Historic Race Kemora
2-3.7 Historic Race Botniaring
19-21.8 Historic Grand Race
10-11.9 Place open

Historic Grand Race is usually at Ahvenisto.
Historic Race Finland website will have a link to this event.
Interesting range of cars on the gallery page, but doesn't show the beautiful 1950s Cadillac Le Mans replica yet.
http://www.historicrace.fi/indexf.htm
Old 19 Nov 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3591559)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although not exactly historic, unbelievably the VLN dates were confirmed two days ago.!!!! I think that beats all previous records.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3591662)   #71
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose it helps when your country doesn't host a GP. In the UK all our big meetings have to fall in around Bernie.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3591666)   #72
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I suppose it helps when your country doesn't host a GP. In the UK all our big meetings have to fall in around Bernie.
Our premier Historic meeting was moved by a week after Bernie shifted our GP.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3591667)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I wonder how much longer ANY European country will be hosting GPs?
Old 22 Nov 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3592334)   #74
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of GPs, I noticed that Silverstone Classic date is still 'confused'

According to the official website it is 29-31 July (although marked as provisional), but some other websites selling hospitality, camping, and even a race grid, suggest 22-24 July...... (Which is closer to previous years.)

Both weekends also host a GP in Europe, so that shouldn't affect a change, but British GP is now 10th July (yet to be 'ratified'), and perhaps it needs more than two weeks before Silverstone has 'recovered' from the hoards and is ready for another big meeting! At the moment am assuming the official website knows more than the others- although would have thought a race series organiser would agree with the event organiser.......
Old 22 Nov 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3592415)   #75
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But WHY?