Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 2 4.44%
Nico Rosberg 3 6.67%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.22%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 26 57.78%
Max Verstappen 1 2.22%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Jenson Button 1 2.22%
Fernando Alonso 10 22.22%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 1 2.22%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Esteban Gutiérrez 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Oct 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3676650)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Malaysian Grand Prix 2016

Who is the driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 2 Oct 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3676656)   #2
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fernando Alonso. 22nd to 7th (again) with some solid overtaking.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3676657)   #3
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando Alonso
Old 2 Oct 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3676666)   #4
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferdi was admirable.
But 4 to 1 is harder that last to 7.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3676675)   #5
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How do you split the Red Bull pair?
They race hard without contact. They obviously enjoyed themselves and the after race celebration was fun.
Give it to Daniel because of his asides to the camera in the holding room, buit both deserved it.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3676708)   #6
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel Ricciardo for winning, Nico for damage control, Alonso for a solid drive into the points and.. Jolyon Palmer scoring his first point ever.

Voted Ricciardo though.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3676722)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo - easily in my opinion. Kudos to Max for proving he can race without banging wheels (unlike Nico). Daniel gets it anyway for the wonderful podium celebrations....
Old 2 Oct 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3676781)   #8
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Ricciardo. Special mention to Alonso and Palmer though.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3676784)   #9
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
But 4 to 1 is harder that last to 7.
4 to 1 with the three that started ahead suffering from either being spun around at the start, an engine blowout or a virtual safety car negating their advantage.

Ricciardo has had some great drives this year, but I'm not sure this was one of them.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3676787)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3676824)   #11
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought Alonso had a great drive and for the first time in a long time,Marcus Ericsson looked like a racing driver rather than the custodian of a pile of parts that needed to last a long time.Fourth to first is very good,but I was more impressed by Rosberg going from last to third and in spite of his dodgem driving moment.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 21:44 (Ref:3676850)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan the Man for me. Lots of reasons, but the defence against Verstappen stands out. And he won. Now, can we please stop the silliness with the boot and champagne? It makes we want to puke.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3676863)   #13
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jenson, for getting in the points in his 300th GP. Only the VSC and pit stop strategy let Ferdy and the Hulk get past him.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 02:22 (Ref:3676906)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 3 Oct 2016, 04:14 (Ref:3676917)   #15
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Put it in morse code
http://morse-code.eu/m/eJxjZBARYfD29PUEAAQAAVQ=
Old 3 Oct 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3676922)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel, kudos also to Max, Nico and Alonso.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3676940)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo gets my vote, fine performance
Old 3 Oct 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3676948)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fred, what a drive from the back, proving he's still feisty as ever
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3677033)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Dan the Man for me. Lots of reasons, but the defence against Verstappen stands out. And he won. Now, can we please stop the silliness with the boot and champagne? It makes we want to puke.
I thought it was terrific fun, with all three drivers and Horner joining in - just the kind of camaraderie that is refreshing to see in sport. (I confess I'm not looking at it from the health and safety angle...... ).
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3677036)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo - just, from Alonso.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3677223)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso. From last to seventh.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3677239)   #22
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite surprised that the driver of the day between RIC and VES is 23 to 1 here. I like Ricciardo he's good guy and a hell of a racer. His defence against Max over multiple corners was awesome (great driving from both) and that's what motorsport fans watch motorsport for. He didn't let Max pass like the otherway around in a similar situation during the German GP, but after Spain an Monaco that's understandable. However apart from that excellent bit of driving I didn't see that much brilliance from him this race. Just a solid job of trying to keep up with Lewis. At no point during the weekend did he seem the faster driver compared to Max. He was first handed three places when Vettel stomped out Nico, than he gained a place because another of Lewis' engines went poof and then the team effectively decided the race outcome by pitting them both (which was understandable from the team's 1-2 goal and after Spain and Monaco).

So I wonder a bit what you guys saw that I missed that swayed it 23 to 1?

Not saying it should go to Max, but 23 to 1 seems a bit odd to me. Perhaps Max doesn't have the like factor Daniel has (at least on this board)?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3677248)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Had the roles been reversed, so probably would my vote...... I doubt that any of us conduct any deep analysis before we click the button for our DOTR vote - for most, it's a gut reaction to what we've just seen....
Old 5 Oct 2016, 00:07 (Ref:3677372)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo. Cause he's the best of all time.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 00:08 (Ref:3677373)   #25
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
I'm quite surprised that the driver of the day between RIC and VES is 23 to 1 here. I like Ricciardo he's good guy and a hell of a racer. His defence against Max over multiple corners was awesome (great driving from both) and that's what motorsport fans watch motorsport for. He didn't let Max pass like the otherway around in a similar situation during the German GP, but after Spain an Monaco that's understandable. However apart from that excellent bit of driving I didn't see that much brilliance from him this race. Just a solid job of trying to keep up with Lewis. At no point during the weekend did he seem the faster driver compared to Max. He was first handed three places when Vettel stomped out Nico, than he gained a place because another of Lewis' engines went poof and then the team effectively decided the race outcome by pitting them both (which was understandable from the team's 1-2 goal and after Spain and Monaco).

So I wonder a bit what you guys saw that I missed that swayed it 23 to 1?

Not saying it should go to Max, but 23 to 1 seems a bit odd to me. Perhaps Max doesn't have the like factor Daniel has (at least on this board)?
Because Daniel is cooler then Max. That's why