Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Sep 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3310393)   #3951
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So a comeback of sorts for Mr. Newton to LMP2, alway good!!

Let's hope this car does better than it's spiritual ancestor the Radical.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3310433)   #3952
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not so pessimistic Victor .

Danish Media has (surprisingly) run a news story that Highcroft Racing will try to get the DeltaWing back to Le Mans next year!

Any one know if there is something seriously in this? - The motorsport knowledge in the general danish media is shockingly bad.
Didn't think HighCroft was part of the DeltaWing project anymore. Can anyone confirm? I can't find any current reference to HighCroft on the DW site.

Last edited by Slipknot; 28 Sep 2013 at 16:13. Reason: Punctuation
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3310435)   #3953
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
So a comeback of sorts for Mr. Newton to LMP2, alway good!!

Let's hope this car does better than it's spiritual ancestor the Radical.
The Radical ran quite well on debut at Le Mans IIRC
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3310438)   #3954
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Didn't think HighCroft was part of the DeltaWing project anymore. Can anyone confirm? I can't find any current reference to HighCroft on the DW site.
This is also one of the things that I found weird.
EDIT:
Just re-read the article, they don't mention HighCroft, but they do mention Don Panoz and Dave Price:
http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/moto...e-til-le-mans/
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3310440)   #3955
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As far as I know Highcroft nothing to do with the current DW, but since they developed the only successful DW, possibly Duncan Dayton thinks he can make the coupe work as well.

I wonder who will be sponsoring?
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3310443)   #3956
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
EDIT:
Just re-read the article, they don't mention HighCroft, but they do mention Don Panoz and Dave Price:
= http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2414

One quote ("set some goals") even sounds the same (via google translation).

Last edited by deggis; 28 Sep 2013 at 17:00.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3310445)   #3957
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
EDIT:
I don't think Highcroft is in on the project anymore, but there was an article on Sportscar365 the other day about Panoz trying to lodge an entry for it, and being denied:
http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/p...rn-to-le-mans/
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3310528)   #3958
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Some nuggets that came out the commentary at Paul Ricard...

Level 5 looking at running an LMP in WEC next year, and not necessarily in LMP2. HPD P1 programme?

Multimatic sales of Lola LMP2 machinery on both sides of the Atlantic.

SMP denying everything about their LMP2-Ferrari project.

Sure there are some elements I missed, but there's certainly some off season smoke with hopefully some related fire.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3310555)   #3959
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
As far as I know Highcroft nothing to do with the current DW, but since they developed the only successful DW, possibly Duncan Dayton thinks he can make the coupe work as well.
Dayton and Ganassi are the other partners in the Deltawing. Dr. Panoz is the "managing partner".
Old 29 Sep 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3310566)   #3960
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
We feel the original design failed to demonstrate its true potential for a number of reasons, as all the baseline parameters for the package are very good. We see no reason why this can't be a very competitive package for any of the LMP2 championships, and we are very excited about taking this program forward.
Well, I respect his optimism! However, no matter how much potential a package can have, it will need significant development from now until the WEC next year. Even though we know almost nothing about the project, one can assume there are going to be some major teething issues. I think labeling this "a very competitive package for any of the LMP2 championships" is setting the bar way too high for this early on. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see a brand new team and manufacturer testing the LMP2 waters. We need some diversity from the same-old, same-old Oreca Nissans.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3310809)   #3961
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't find the Perrin thread but according to GG they are making a demonstration chassis to get out and test in a bid to find buyers for 2015.

They don't have the budget to race but realise they can't just sit around waiting for something to happen. Speculate to accumulate. Good luck to them.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3310816)   #3962
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Can't find the Perrin thread but according to GG they are making a demonstration chassis to get out and test in a bid to find buyers for 2015.

They don't have the budget to race but realise they can't just sit around waiting for something to happen. Speculate to accumulate. Good luck to them.
Strikes me that this is another case where it's a shame there's not a post Le Mans WEC round in Europe. You can see the Perrin getting a run out in Europe as a one off entry, I don't see this happening in one of the fly-away rounds.

Obviously producing the car is good news, and I'll be fascinated to see it in the flesh, but just like 1992, a lack of machinery isn't the problem - we need to see them running competitively.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3311012)   #3963
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Tiga announces they are taking the plunge and will build its LMP2 car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-20977.html

Good news.
The WF01 was a good car and the base package was there and but Embassy closed the doors and no further development was done, apart from a small update to bring it up to date when it ran under the Team WFR bander for one race. It will be interesting to see what happens now that it is a Tiga.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3311535)   #3964
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another single seater talent heading to sportscars? Harry Ticknell.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110250
Old 1 Oct 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3311549)   #3965
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think the hand of McNish is guiding him in that direction
Old 1 Oct 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3311563)   #3966
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep McNish will certainly help him there.

As we've seen there is a brick wall for young drivers moving up if you don't have funding. Sportscar racing is benefiting from that. If only there was more P1 machinery for them to graduate into.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3311788)   #3967
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The "Wolf GB 08S" with LMP2 pace!!!!!!

V8 Mugen 3L 500 bhp power!!!

Is this engine elegible for P2???

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21011.html

P.S. - didnĀ“t Mugen related to Honda?!?!
Old 2 Oct 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3311794)   #3968
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
The founder of Mugen is a son of the founder of Honda.
However, there is no capital relation to both company.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3311795)   #3969
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
The "Wolf GB 08S" with LMP2 pace!!!!!!

V8 Mugen 3L 500 bhp power!!!

Is this engine elegible for P2???

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21011.html

P.S. - didnĀ“t Mugen related to Honda?!?!
LMP2 is 900kg. This car is 570kg. Both have around the same power, but this is not an lmp2. The engine is another story!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3312199)   #3970
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Too much is just enough. A Wolf 08S can match a LMP2 in qualifying but can it last a 24 hour race?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3312547)   #3971
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one that tinks than that Perrinn LMP1 will be converted on a LMP2 if it gets real?

Dome, Adess....... If they want a market, P2 is their market
Old 3 Oct 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3312548)   #3972
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Am I the only one that tinks than that Perrinn LMP1 will be converted on a LMP2 if it gets real?

Dome, Adess....... If they want a market, P2 is their market
No, I suspect you're right, but evidence of Bailey shows that running an LMP2 isn't enough to get any airtime, but an LMP1 might do it. Contrast the interest the Lavaggi LS1 got compared to, for example, the Lucchini and I suspect that styling yourself as LMP1 standard might do no harm when competing for an LMP2 market.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3312768)   #3973
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
New Prototype about to break cover?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21095.html

Bing Translator

"We learned recently that a new prototype was in gestation for 2014. We cannot disclose further for the moment but can just tell you that the project is ambitious and well led. Auto Designer will reveal more information about this new prototype within a few weeks, including the Championship where he will be committed."

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 4 Oct 2013 at 14:56.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3312774)   #3974
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like a CN, I think. I don't see any fin and the rear wing assembly reminds me of the Tatuus VdeV-cars.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3312777)   #3975
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep not going to get my hopes up about this one.