Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2003, 15:05 (Ref:695710)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hungaroring: New track layout reaction.

Now the F1 boys have actually driven the track, has there been any reaction to the layout. I have't seen any. Does this lack of reaction mean that they all think it hardly makes a difference or has Montoya signed for McLaren again?

What do the drivers think of it?
Old 22 Aug 2003, 16:01 (Ref:695739)   #2
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I'm not a driver (a F1 driver, I mean) but "defying" Adam's wrath I'll say what I was thinking about the layout when watching first qualif.

Removing the chicane (about at the middle of the track) would increase the flow of the trackj. I always disliked it when playing racing simulators in my PC, if is a sort of stop-and-go that doesn't meed any special skill from the driver (IMO).

After the first three corners (right, left, right) there are a fine string of corners interrumpted by that "nasty" chicane. Dropt it and we would have a nice track.

I'm not convinced about the last part of the "new" track. I perhaps would prefer to by-pass the second last corner or straighten it because the comabination of the last two corners looks to me too slow (now and before this year's mods).

Hungaroring is a fine circuit for one lap time trials, but my main concern about it is it is so hard to overtake. The first corner was the only likely place to do it (and great action happened there) but it required your car have a setup with higher max speed, not necessarily the required setup for optimal lap time. It makes the possibility of a "jam": a slow car with higher straight speed is very difficult to pass.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 16:41 (Ref:695774)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schummy
Well, I'm not a driver (a F1 driver, I mean) but "defying" Adam's wrath

Quote:
Originally posted by Schummy
...After the first three corners (right, left, right) there are a fine string of corners interrumpted by that "nasty" chicane. Dropt it and we would have a nice track...
As a general observation I have heard several times from F1 drivers ( ) that they quite like to drive Hungaroring. It flows nicely. It is just it doesn't go well with racing! Nice to drive, not nice to race on, sort of thing.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 17:19 (Ref:695796)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

As a general observation I have heard several times from F1 drivers ( ) that they quite like to drive Hungaroring. It flows nicely. It is just it doesn't go well with racing! Nice to drive, not nice to race on, sort of thing.
Nice to drive... yeah, just like on the road...
Old 22 Aug 2003, 20:50 (Ref:696018)   #5
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hungaroring has always been my favourite track to drive on the puter...and try telling Damon Hill you can't overtake here

But really - I think a lot of the overtaking problems in F1 today stem from the attitudes of the drivers...Montoya manages to find plenty of overtaking spots around the place
Old 22 Aug 2003, 21:42 (Ref:696063)   #6
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i haven't seen the track changes yet but the coverage will be on in a hour so i will whats new then
Old 23 Aug 2003, 03:43 (Ref:696173)   #7
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya finds a lot of places to overtake because he push the opponent to make a mistake and then take advantage of the situation
Old 23 Aug 2003, 07:26 (Ref:696219)   #8
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see there still got that fosters logo in the middle of the track.

that new 1st corner looks like the 1st hairpin at Nurburgring