Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 May 2002, 08:36 (Ref:297219)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Komforting Karters........

Ok here's the scenario:

Karter hopping around at the very far end of my post - obviously unable to put weight on his foot.

I run all the way down (which is quite a long way for a pumpkin shaped unfit person) just in time to see the poor little begger fall over.

Call for medical back up and when I get to him, he's all of about 12 years old and trying really hard to be brave.

Medic arrives and checks him over and I try to keep him chatting so he's not worrying so much about his ankle.

"so, you know what - you're going to get to ride in the Rescue Unit - that is SO cool - usually no-one gets to do that"

He looks up at me with his innocent blue eyes full of pain and says "I was in it already. Twice"

Old 27 May 2002, 12:25 (Ref:297450)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You just can't please some people!
Old 27 May 2002, 15:40 (Ref:297630)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least he will have something to tell his mates at school!! I had something a little similar on Saturday, bit of a coming together between three of the BRDC single seaters, caused by driver error,although he was blaming his car!! he was quite worried and I told him it would probably be ok but he ended up getting a fine, an endorsement, excluded from the race and being observed in the next race, must remember just to smile next time!!

Last edited by Claire; 27 May 2002 at 15:41.
Old 27 May 2002, 17:35 (Ref:297734)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ouch!

Well it kind of was ok - at least they didn't pull his license.......
Old 31 May 2002, 12:49 (Ref:301443)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh Clair, our famous "lets mate three Formula Fords" crash on Saturday.

In answer to the karter Teri, I thought you were going to say he'd fallen out the back of the rescue unit twice. Now that would have made a funny story!
Old 31 May 2002, 13:22 (Ref:301488)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Don't let muppetrescue hear you say that - people do NOT fall out of his Rescue Unit.

They may occasionally be pushed out....
Old 31 May 2002, 13:23 (Ref:301489)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm surprised the rescue guys themselves don't fall out, they are usually asleep for most of the day!
Old 31 May 2002, 13:50 (Ref:301530)   #8
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We tie ourselves in to prevent embarrassing 'fall-out' problems!
Old 31 May 2002, 13:52 (Ref:301533)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
And there was me think bondage was just something you did at home
Old 31 May 2002, 13:56 (Ref:301537)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
nah - that's why they eat doughnuts.

The put more weight in the stomach which alters their centre of gravity.

so like weebles, they wobble but they don't fall down