Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Feb 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3801322)   #1776
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
You should probably see a medic, as I'm sure you've torn a rotator cuff with a reach like that.
And you should get your 'funny bone' checked, I guess you missed the joke

Quote:
Hmmm...last year a Nissan DPi and a Ligier P2 also won races (and an Oreca missed out only due to poor strategy). How many non-Toyotas do you think will win this year?
Defensive much? Two wins from a non-Cadillac in how many races? Amazing! I don't try to predict the future. But like I said, at least in lmp1 you know who did the best job because the rules are actually equalized. Unlike the bop lottery which can be gamed.

Quote:
I guess that's one way of saying "has the power and budget of top-tier global automaker and is competing against privateers in unproven (and in some cases rushed) customer cars-slash-vanity projects."
Again, just like DPi. I'm sounding like a broken record here. Cadillac had the Dallara nearly half a year before any other DPi team, even more than some other lmp2's. They get a pass? Are they not a top-tier global automaker competing against privateers in unproven and rushed customer cars? (Riley, Ligier, 'Mazda')

Quote:
As I said, without a full-on Toyota meltdown, the rest of the P1 field is spending astronomical amounts of cash to fight for 3rd.
You know their budget figures? Fighting for 3rd is what most if not all of the teams in DPi/prototype are doing. Hoping one or more Cadillac's have an off day is pretty much comparable to the situation your criticizing in the WEC. That's the point I'm making. Both series have nearly the same issue, but one series is supposed to be much more equal in a competitor's view with bop. In the WEC it's up to the team to make their car better. In IMSA it's the rule makers bop decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
TF110 is a Toyota/Lexus fanboy though.

I'd expect his tune to do a 180 if Toyota pulls out and a Lexus DPi happens.
I'm an lmp1 fanboy, not just a Toyota fanboy. It is my favorite brand, but I like more than only them. I guess you missed the smiley face, indicating it was a joke? BTW, I didn't like when Lexus was in DP before with Scott Pruett winning all the time because the car was ugly and not really a 'Lexus'.

Last edited by TF110; 14 Feb 2018 at 18:08.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3801401)   #1777
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Hmmm...last year a Nissan DPi and a Ligier P2 also won races (and an Oreca missed out only due to poor strategy). How many non-Toyotas do you think will win this year?
I prefer the more amusing way to look at it, which is that Cadillac won nearly as many consecutive races last year as there are WEC races this season anyways. If you could watch that for 8 races you can watch WEC for 8 races. Besides, everyone was so insistent on how much better Cadillac curb stomps were than WEC because they had car variety, so the half dozen different chassis in LMP1 should be irresistible.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3801470)   #1778
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I prefer the more amusing way to look at it, which is that Cadillac won nearly as many consecutive races last year as there are WEC races this season anyways. If you could watch that for 8 races you can watch WEC for 8 races. Besides, everyone was so insistent on how much better Cadillac curb stomps were than WEC because they had car variety, so the half dozen different chassis in LMP1 should be irresistible.
Hopefully both series put on good races up front. Even if it is the same winner, at least a fight for it is worth watching.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3801560)   #1779
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3801616)   #1780
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...at-beat-toyota

Only Toyota is allowed to win.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3801624)   #1781
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
How many threads does this need to be posted on? It's not even relevant to IMSA I didn't see anything that said only Toyota is allowed to win, only that the data they have now is what sets the eot and it shouldn't be exceeded, the same thing they use in lmp2 and GTE.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3801628)   #1782
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
We are discussing WEC and Toyota in both threads.

Run along now.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3801648)   #1783
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We are discussing WEC and Toyota in both threads.

Run along now.
No, I think in fact he would be correct and a posting regarding a non-IMSA spec car in the IMSA thread is stirring the pot. Makes you look like a petulant little kid who wants a reaction to feel like you're smarter. Looks more like the ignore button is the better option.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3801688)   #1784
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We can talk about the WEC and the EoT in a WEC thread.

There is no need for this. There is no need for patronising comments either.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 07:38 (Ref:3801766)   #1785
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I can be the one to real this conversation back on topic but on Racer Marshall mentioned something about the Grasser Lambo's skipping the Sebring practice but would be there for the race I thought they where Daytona only and focusing on defending there blancpain GT championship
Old 16 Feb 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3801808)   #1786
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
This was dropped in my inbox the other day (I've highlighted the highlights! )

---------
Sebring International Raceway newsletter@sebringraceway.com via auth.ccsend.com

ISSUE: 12 VOLUME: 10

Advance Purchase Ticket Discount Ends Feb. 17th

Tickets to the 66th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Advance Auto Parts are available at the special advance purchase discount until Feb. 17th. After that date, gate prices apply to all Sebring tickets.

Sebring is the second round of the prestigious IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Gates open Wednesday, March 14th at The Birthplace of American Endurance Racing, and remain open 24 hours a day through Saturday's legendary endurance race.

A total of 45 cars are expected to take the green flag at 10:40 am on Saturday, March 17th, including a stellar lineup of 17 prototypes set to battle on the tough 3.74-mile, 17-turn road course.

Tickets to the 66th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring are available online at sebringraceway.com or by calling 800-626-7223.

PURCHASE TICKETS

IMSA Sebring Test Feb. 20-23 Gives Fans Preview of 12-Hour

Sebring International Raceway will host the IMSA Winter Test Feb.20-23. The first two days of the test will be for support series testing, while Feb. 22-23 will feature the cars and stars of the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, including a night session on Thursday.

Admission to the test will be $10 per day (no overnight camping), however all fans who have purchased 12-hour tickets will be admitted free.
---------
Old 16 Feb 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3801905)   #1787
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
This was dropped in my inbox the other day (I've highlighted the highlights! )

A total of 45 cars are expected to take the green flag ---------

Curious. What I have right now is 42 Drops from Daytona potentially are: 2 Jackie Chan DC's, 2 Grasser Lambos, 1 United Ligier, 1 Manthay Porsche, 1 Risi GTD, 1 AF Corse/Dalla Lana Ferrari.

Anybody think a couple from this list will show up?
Old 17 Feb 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3801967)   #1788
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Probably 3. Or maybe it includes the possible 4th NSX in GTD?

It says 17 protos + 9 GTLMs, leaving 19 GTDs.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3802030)   #1789
Coach Ep
Veteran

another email from SIR now mentions 44 cars, still 17 prototypes so 1 GTD entry has dropped, thinking either Grasser or the unconfirmed 4th NSX.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3802082)   #1790
TF110
Veteran

United States
When is that transformers lmp2 going to show up? Or is it?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 02:57 (Ref:3802092)   #1791
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think when we pay for it and MAKE Dawson actually show up.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 04:59 (Ref:3802096)   #1792
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Based on history, I think it'll show up at three or four races. It will start two of them, but retire within five laps on one of them, and retire from the other after about 30-45 minutes.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3802187)   #1793
Coach Ep
Veteran

The Transformers franchise should have gotten behind Performance Tech or JDC who both have a stellar track records instead of the Dawson clowns.

I'm not into Transformers but I'm sure it potentially would have brought a whole new group of fans into the scene. On that subject: why isn't the Need For Speed franchise involved (or did I miss that one)?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3802188)   #1794
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Transformers franchise should have gotten behind Performance Tech or JDC who both have a stellar track records instead of the Dawson clowns.

I'm not into Transformers but I'm sure it potentially would have brought a whole new group of fans into the scene. On that subject: why isn't the Need For Speed franchise involved (or did I miss that one)?
Assuming you mean Fast n Furious? I don't think there's much cross over between street racing and actual motorsports. I don't know about IMSA, but the FIA is huge on road safety, so I don't think they'd look too kindly on a franchise that glorifies illegal street racing on their cars.

Need for Speed, the game franchise, sponsored a BMW Z4 before.

Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3802227)   #1795
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Assuming you mean Fast n Furious? I don't think there's much cross over between street racing and actual motorsports. I don't know about IMSA, but the FIA is huge on road safety, so I don't think they'd look too kindly on a franchise that glorifies illegal street racing on their cars.
The Fast and Furious franchise really isn't about street racing. Not anymore. They're just car-heavy action flicks.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 03:09 (Ref:3802273)   #1796
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Akrapovic;3802188]Assuming you mean Fast n Furious? I don't think there's much cross over between street racing and actual motorsports. I don't know about IMSA, but the FIA is huge on road safety, so I don't think they'd look too kindly on a franchise that glorifies illegal street racing on their cars.

And are we supposed to care about Mr Todt's vanity platform?

Sadly car accidents on the roads is a fact of modern life and regardless of anyone's concern, is not going to go away any time soon. The more cars on the road each day, the more accidents will happen.

I think most people don't "glorify" any films or video games with a street racing theme, it's just mindless entertainment.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3802700)   #1797
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Need for Speed, the game franchise, sponsored a BMW Z4 before.

I always thought that car looked really sharp.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3802729)   #1798
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If memory helps me that car was Schubert team and had that livery for 2010 fia gt3 season (can't remeber if joined adac gt too that year).
Basically their main sponsor was EA/need for speed shift.
They kept same sponsorship in 2011 too because of the release of nfs shift2
(that basically as game was a shift without an f)
Old 21 Feb 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3803040)   #1799
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Probably 3. Or maybe it includes the possible 4th NSX in GTD?

It says 17 protos + 9 GTLMs, leaving 19 GTDs.
Looks like the 4th NSX is track side, CJ Wilson racing moving up to GTD with one of MSR's NSX chassis from last year. Announcement I think was on MWM this afternoon
Old 22 Feb 2018, 02:25 (Ref:3803060)   #1800
TF110
Veteran

United States
Yup http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...programme.html looks nice too