Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3666327)   #276
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only saw the first 25 laps, so did the track keep the low groove all race? It sounds like it's a temporary fix and they'll have to do it every race....

As for AMS, wasn't there safety issues with pit entrance that sort of forced a change? Not saying they should've cloned Charlotte and I do like the old oval better than,but I recall many concerns with the old track regarding safety. I guess they were all.like that back then with the straights concrete barriers.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:02 (Ref:3666464)   #277
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I only saw the first 25 laps, so did the track keep the low groove all race? It sounds like it's a temporary fix and they'll have to do it every race....
You are very astute. The area worked was quite obvious at the start of the race, by the end it looked at least 50% gone. With a bit more weather, practice, qualifying, and an Xfinity race, I doubt if anything will be left for the Cup race.
As far as the race, I can't say the work improved it over recent outings. With 9 cautions for 55/200 laps, it wasn't the greatest.
Old 21 Aug 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3666812)   #278
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mother nature is winning in Bristol.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 08:32 (Ref:3666969)   #279
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Mother nature is winning in Bristol.
Yeah, she almost did, almost wiped out the whole weekend. Put together Saturday night and Sunday, waiting to get this thing started/running, I was NUMB, by the time they threw the checkered flag. This felt more like the 24 hours of Bristol!
Old 22 Aug 2016, 21:54 (Ref:3667104)   #280
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still frustrated with the racing at Bristol.
I miss the days of moving some one to pass there.

Kyle Busch will hopefully grow up some decade.

Most of my unfavorite drivers crashed, which was good.
Old 23 Aug 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3667186)   #281
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done, Stenhouse.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 08:38 (Ref:3667636)   #282
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Still frustrated with the racing at Bristol.
I miss the days of moving some one to pass there.

Kyle Busch will hopefully grow up some decade.

Most of my unfavorite drivers crashed, which was good.
It SEEMED like Kyle Busch had grown up allot, last year and at the first of this year, but after the last three or so races, the old Kyle Busch seems to be re-emerging. I had hopes, but I guess true nature will always win out.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3667637)   #283
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well done, Stenhouse.
He drove a good race and equaled his best finish, since he has been in the series. IF anyone is going to get a win in Roush JUNK, it will be Stenhouse Jr.. Makes you wonder what he might have accomplished so far, if he had been in top shelf equipment!
Old 26 Aug 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3667751)   #284
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chase starting 5th on Sunday.
Best chance to get that rookie win !
Old 27 Aug 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3667827)   #285
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Chase starting 5th on Sunday.
Best chance to get that rookie win !
Yeah. Pulling for him (and for Blaney). I figured that both of them would have had a win by now. I'm still surprised that Chris Buescher got a win, considering the car and team that he drives/drives for are not nearly as well sponsored, though he had shown some pretty strong/solid finishes since his win at Pocono. It would be really ironic if he were to win the ROTY title, instead of Elliott or Blaney. I believe his driving talent/ability is on par with the two, but again, his equipment/sponsorship in not up to what they have. This could really prove interesting!

Last edited by R.Lee; 27 Aug 2016 at 11:40.
Old 27 Aug 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3667921)   #286
canamman
Veteran

United States
Some finish for both trucks and Xfinity!
Wore out the remote control going back and forth.
Renews my faith why I am a race fan.

Now to head back to the Gwinnett Arena for
the Endurocross finals. That's quite the fun
chaotic motorsport.
Old 27 Aug 2016, 23:41 (Ref:3667932)   #287
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully the trucks were better than the terrible driving that was the last lap at Road America, some of them weren't even pretending it was anything other than out of my way and wrecks at every corner. Definitely NASCAR finish with one car, 92 I think, across the line with front end gone and hood bent up over the window.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3667959)   #288
canamman
Veteran

United States
I saw that hood. Good ol fashion checkers or wreckers.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3668240)   #289
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Aug 2016, 23:46 (Ref:3668263)   #290
canamman
Veteran

United States
Yep. Gutted. That maybe a trend developing he will need to
put an end to.

Happy though for Chip. I remember Larsons first week at the Cup level
in Daytona. He was in every bad crash that weekend and he was
our new phenom. He was way overdue for his first big win.

These races leading up to the chase cut off are rather interesting
even if there is not a lot of action.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3668435)   #291
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About time they were well overdo for a win
Old 29 Aug 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3668436)   #292
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
My 6 year old was pulling for the Target car....

Big Larson fan, but I found out what I true Chase fan I am this weekend.

I'm still made at my 6 year old.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3668456)   #293
canamman
Veteran

United States

Take him to meet Chase at a Napa store appearance sometime.
That will change him.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3669215)   #294
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Junior is out for the rest of the season.
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...on-concussions

Gordon and Bowman will fill in.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3669217)   #295
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
In probably the last race I'll be interested in this year, there's this and some really good ones, imo:
http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/s...-Paint-Schemes

I am most fond of this one:

Wasn't McDonald's sued for Mac Tonight? I still have that happy meal toy somewhere.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3669235)   #296
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Jr is done, I'm afraid.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3669246)   #297
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Got a feeling Dale Jr. may be done this year.
My opinion only.
Just read exerpts from his podcast. Its a real mystery
delayed concussion from June.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ff-gordon.html
Called it.
Old 3 Sep 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3669351)   #298
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will NASCAR be issuing throwback race programs to go with the paint schemes for the Southern 500?

Old 3 Sep 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3669367)   #299
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I read about and heard on television, that Earnhardt Jr. would be out for the rest of the season. I thought that this might happen, when I heard that he would miss Michigan and Darlington, a couple of weeks ago. I hate it for him, because I know how hard it is and how bad it hurts to want to do something, but to be prevented from doing it, due to health reasons! I know he is doing everything possible, to make a return next season, but the reality is, that this may be the end of his driving career. VERY unfortunate, if it is, but I also know that he will do what is best for his long term health interests. He has nothing to worry about -- he will ALWAYS be a "Champion", regardless of whether he wins a "title" or not! It's a whole lot more than just winning a "title"! Good luck, Dale Earnhardt Jr.!
Old 10 Sep 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3671406)   #300
canamman
Veteran

United States
Well here we are once again for the "last chance" to make the
Chase tonite in Richmond. Hope its more exciting than the
Xfinity race.

A couple random thoughts:

1) Will the Bristol football game out perform the Richmond race
in ratings?
2) Chase Elliott starts way back in the 30's somewhere. Worse
starting spot all year. He will have work to do to make the chase
though he is comfortably in 10th place in the points.
3) Chris Buescher has work to do to back up his win and make the Chase.
He is still in 30th in points which is the min. he needs to make the chase.
Only 11 points in front of David Ragan in 31st.
4) Danica Love - Whether you are a fan or not, she is writing the history
book for all females who follow her in NASCAR. My prediction is she
will be in the NASCAR Hall of Fame some day.
5) The 16th place bubble boy is Kasey Kahne - 25 points in front of
Ryan Blaney. Kahne should get it.