Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jun 2002, 12:20 (Ref:302248)   #1
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 hours

OK - the annual 2CV 24 hour race is just about to kick off at Mondello Park. Yes - I did say 2CV's.

This is my third time to marshal this event and I will be there at 8pm to take on the first of my two shifts.

I'm bringing a hot water bottle and plenty of chocolate and other goodies - and I'm on my way out now to go buy some new thermals. I stayed up late last night and slept in even later in an effort to adjust my body clock. I can hardly wait.

I should return home about 10am tomorrow morning, a tired, raggedy-looking but happy marshal.

Wish me luck!
Old 1 Jun 2002, 13:58 (Ref:302314)   #2
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wickedwithch don't forget to give the marshal's car a big cheer and plenty of encouragement - I believe it is coloured orange, and has the Heroes logo on the back and also BMMC sticker, and is owned and driven by Warwick Howlett with the assistance of Captain Coco (John Francis) among others.

They are racing for the Round Table Children's Wish Appeal.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 14:03 (Ref:302319)   #3
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow a 24 hour race for 2cv's, How long does that take!
Old 1 Jun 2002, 16:18 (Ref:302370)   #4
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
24 hour 2 CV Race

Hi Guys,

You can wish me luck aswell as I am also off to join wickedwitch for the 2CV Race. It is acutally our greatest social event of the year and we are having a BBQ at 3am when we come off our shift !

This is my first year to go the late nite shift and I am promised loadsa fun

We will keep an eye our for your car KayBee
Old 2 Jun 2002, 17:21 (Ref:302868)   #5
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well guys,most say this was the best Saturday nite I have spent on the banks. Had a great time. I had great company - posted with wickedwitch on the first corner and we had loads of cars in the gravel - just to keep us awake

We saw your car KayBee and we gave them a bit wave.

Right, going back to bed...
Old 3 Jun 2002, 10:29 (Ref:303326)   #6
PPitstop
Rookie

PPitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a weekend,
I stayed at the circuit for most of the 32 hours.
I was posted at the last cornor for my first shift, qualifing, and again for the 9pm-3am shift. We had rain,rain and more rain, oh and lets not forget the thunder storm.
Kaybee, we saw the marshals car and they even flashed their lights for us as they were going around the circuit. They had a great chat with some of our guys, and they may even come over to help us out at the BTCC. Well done on a great race.

Last edited by PPitstop; 3 Jun 2002 at 10:30.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 14:58 (Ref:303555)   #7
PPitstop
Rookie

Just got the 2CV website address. Check it out for details of what the drivers think about the 24 hour race. It's pretty cool
www.2cvracing.co.uk

The cars racing for charity made over £30K for the various charities, which included, motor neuron disease, childrens cancer reseach, make a wish foundation and some others. Well done to everyone.

Last edited by PPitstop; 3 Jun 2002 at 15:04.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 18:24 (Ref:303643)   #8
T.H.Photo
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
T.H.Photo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all well what a nice gang the 2cv club are they gave a goodie bag to all the marshalls which had lots of goodie in side + trays of beer+a 270 euro gift to the club
we were not able to buy a drink they were brought for us we had a great time a great race and a great lot of fun
the best thing is they all help each other out when they are in the **** they are a super club and all can learn a lot how to run a club can not wait on till next year
so a big thanks to all the marshalls
Old 4 Jun 2002, 18:28 (Ref:304664)   #9
wickedwitch
Racer

Am only recovering now - had a great time though. Well done to all the 2CV drivers especially the marshals team who waved back and flashed their lights. Had great company in Shinners as we created an all singing, all dancing marshals post.

Didn't need the hot-water bottle in the end as it was quite warm - even if it WAS wet (rain makes things more interesting - dontcha think?).

Slept for most of Sunday - and a great deal of yesterday, so I've been offline. Oooh, going in to work today was a killer though.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 18:59 (Ref:304690)   #10
wickedwitch
Racer

Oh - by the way - quote of the weekend as follows:

approx 1am Sunday morning.

wickedwitch: "Delta 4 to control, 2CV stuck in gravel trap - drivers left hand side. Cannot make out the number of the car. Will require a straight tow"

Race control: "Safety car standby to go before the race leader"

Race control: "Race leader is car 53 - all posts please look out for car 53 and radio in his location"

wickedwitch: "Car 53 is at Delta 4 <pause> in the gravel trap"

Race control: "Aaarghhhhh"

Well maybe not a word for word transcript - but I thought it was quite amusing.

Last edited by wickedwitch; 4 Jun 2002 at 19:02.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:30 (Ref:304717)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tee hee.

Thanks for that.

Oh nooooooooooooooo. I'm in the Marshal's forum again.!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 07:36 (Ref:305029)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

Oh nooooooooooooooo. I'm in the Marshal's forum again.!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter - the bit that says "Marshals Forum" is generally considered to be a big clue
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:12 (Ref:305448)   #13
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I came in here looking for promised details of TIL's birthday weekend, but didn't find anything. Went nosing around and found this 24hr thing.
You see, 2CV's have always made me laugh, the sound, the body roll, everythng, and the thought of a bunch of them leaning around corners for 24 hrs is a real hoot. Good on them though for raising that substantial amount of money for worth causes.
I could not, however, resist sticking this up from a bike trip in France many moons ago.

cheerio flaggie folks
Attached Thumbnails
2cv-crash.jpg  
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:50 (Ref:305527)   #14
wickedwitch
Racer

LOL

Thanks for that djb, looks like the 2CV came off slightly worse - doesn't it?

Well all I can say is thank goodness they DON'T make them like they used to. Most of the 2CV's racing last weekend didn't even have that much body-roll.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:43 (Ref:305580)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by djb
I came in here looking for promised details of TIL's birthday weekend, but didn't find anything.
LOL - you're looking in the wrong place - I was in Anglesey

Look at the Anglesey 2nd June thread to find out what I did all weekend
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:52 (Ref:305590)   #16
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where I can read a race report? I have looked in vain for one in Motor Sport News - the Reports page on the 2CV site is down as I write this.

Also how did the marshals car do? I need to find out so that I can wind them up about their race on Saturday.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:43 (Ref:305700)   #17
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WW, this picture comes in handy, I can always claim that I had good looks BEFORE the run in with the deux-cheveaux.
EP, I had read through the june 2 thread, (especially enjoyed the 3 lap qualifier with-hood-up story) but darlink, I didn't think it was your birfday bit cuz I was expecting juicier stuff than just car stuff.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:02 (Ref:305731)   #18
Shinners
Racer

KayBee, I'l check with our own Marshals to see how your car got on. I dunno as I left Mondello at 5am. Let you know
Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:09 (Ref:305738)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
JUST car stuff - so speaketh a veteran of 10-10ths? - Ok birthday description now being posted in the Anglesey thread JUST for you!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 23:37 (Ref:305857)   #20
PPitstop
Rookie

KayBee, I know one of our marshals is writting a race report. I will ask him to post it on this site for you to read or I will direct you to it when it is completed. It really was a great race.

Last edited by PPitstop; 5 Jun 2002 at 23:37.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 01:21 (Ref:310233)   #21
mondello king2
Rookie

mondello king2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ok i f***** up it was the leeder in the gravle trap. But i was awake from 7am saturday morning. And my assitant chief marshal kept hiding the red bull. Didn't you skid yes you *##@**#*# did ill get you for that .

THANK U to all the marshals who gave up there bank holiday weekend to marshal the most laid back event of the year. Look forward to next year

P.s skid i will get you
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:02 (Ref:310403)   #22
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by wickedwitch
Oh - by the way - quote of the weekend as follows:

approx 1am Sunday morning.

wickedwitch: "Delta 4 to control, 2CV stuck in gravel trap - drivers left hand side. Cannot make out the number of the car. Will require a straight tow"

Race control: "Safety car standby to go before the race leader"

Race control: "Race leader is car 53 - all posts please look out for car 53 and radio in his location"

wickedwitch: "Car 53 is at Delta 4 <pause> in the gravel trap"

Race control: "Aaarghhhhh"

Well maybe not a word for word transcript - but I thought it was quite amusing.

Hehehehehehe...... As least your Race Controllers know who the leading car is!!!! They've made a few shocking stuff ups in OZ in recent times.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:10 (Ref:310880)   #23
wickedwitch
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaggie

Hehehehehehe...... As least your Race Controllers know who the leading car is!!!! They've made a few shocking stuff ups in OZ in recent times.
Actually Flaggie, what I neglected to post was that it took another 4 or 5 laps before Race Control found out who the second place car was.

Shocking...

Last edited by wickedwitch; 11 Jun 2002 at 19:12.