Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Jun 2002, 19:36 (Ref:311925)   #1
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory park..

First visit to MP this sunday, which direction do i go when inside circiut ? What time is the breakfast served too, have been told its a blinder...!
Old 12 Jun 2002, 20:26 (Ref:311962)   #2
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when you come in you will get to the main gate into the infield when you go throught it your on the track. Dont turn straight left (the right way round the track) go wrong direction second left. Just follow it down and youll see the infield gate when you go through the gate drive straight and youll come up to the portacabin and thats the sigh on hut. I made that sound hard but its easy and its a great place. As for posts there all good ones, you can see most of the track from most posts. Keep an eye out for me ill be the one in orange LOL if you want to know more as i have probably confused you msg me
Old 13 Jun 2002, 07:38 (Ref:312272)   #3
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brickkicker,

I've uploaded the info above onto my website. Hope that's OK with you? (I have marked you as the author of the note )

Paul.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:42 (Ref:312749)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rick, You'll love it, I went there for the first time in 10 years last year, and don't worry about finding the sign on hut, the Paddock at Mallory isn't big enough to hide anything! And breakfast seemed to to be going strong immediately after sign on.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:50 (Ref:312758)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a regular visitor to Mallory over the years I can highly recommend the breakfast! Good value too.
Pity Mallory doesn't have any top flight meetings anymore - unless you are into British Superbikes.
I remember going there for International F2 with the likes of Lauda, Surtees, Hunt, Peterson, Scheckter, Mass, Hailwood, Cevert etc,.
Peterson crashed at the Esses and ended up over the grass bank against the spectator fence in his March 712M. I was about 100 yards away and a kid got hit by some flying debris. Ronnie came over later with the damaged nosecone which he signed for the lad.
anyone remember when Keith Holland put his F5000 car in the lake?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 18:10 (Ref:312886)   #6
brickkicker
Veteran

Theres been many cars and bikes in the lake including a euro car (them V 6/8 things) but dont let that put you of rick as most drivers can swim and there are life floats to chuck to them, they seem to come out fast when the water starts to come in
Old 13 Jun 2002, 19:04 (Ref:312926)   #7
rick vaux
Racer

Shall i bring bread for the ducks !!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 19:22 (Ref:312950)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - why not - if you don't they'll probably mug you for your sandwiches anyway!

Oh and don't forget - when the driver comes up for air, make sure you tell him to get back down there and pull his electrics!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 19:30 (Ref:312960)   #9
brickkicker
Veteran

its only when they dont come up for air that you need to worry.
there any ducks to worry about but there are some fish they can chat to while there down there
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:01 (Ref:312995)   #10
rick vaux
Racer

Do we have frogmen on post too, or just let the bugg**s drown ?!!
I have a certifticate for achieving 10m in the pool..So that counts me out for diving in...I had been told there was an old F2 in there also...
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:07 (Ref:313004)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Did you ever get the certificate for diving into a pool in your pyjamas and rescuing a brick? I got that one
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:18 (Ref:313018)   #12
rick vaux
Racer

Yes, lol, did the swimming thing, but couldn`t keep my eyes open to see the brick....so failed..!
Who would have thought that 20 years on, i would become a diving instuctor in Florida..
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:22 (Ref:313021)   #13
brickkicker
Veteran

There is probably more than just one in there I dont know and tow truck that can float to pull it out. No way im diving in if i was meant to swim they better give me some flippers. Do probans srink in cold water?? I aint going to find out
Old 14 Jun 2002, 21:10 (Ref:313913)   #14
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know its going back a very long way...but not only was I flagging on Esses In with Fergie Whatling when Ronnie Peterson Went in quite hard, but a later received a photo from a friendly journo of the three of us discussing just what happened!! Great bloke, Ronnie...and Fergus, of course.

I recall making myself comfortable amongst straw bales on the bank on the outside of Gerrards on Saturday in March. This was a practice day for the annual F3 meeting . A bitterly cold easterly wind blew across the lake all day , no sun and I just could not get warm.....

And ' I was there' at the Radio One Funday when a crowd of 40,000 descended on the track to see some racing but mainly to see the Bay City Rollers ( amongst others). Cars were parked up to 5 miles away. Again we were on Gerards and as well as watching the track, we had to stop excitable and neurotic young female fans climbing the fences and rushing across the track into the paddock.

The doctors at that meeting were treating hysteria and cut feet ( from glass in the lake). Great days!
Old 14 Jun 2002, 21:12 (Ref:313914)   #15
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick amendment....an annual Formula 2 meeting..won on the Sunday by Jumper Jarier! The coldest day I have ever had in 40 years marshalling.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 21:23 (Ref:313920)   #16
rick vaux
Racer

The radio one fun day, i recall it on tv, one of those shows that goes back over the years type thing,were the fans actually going into the lake, in an attemp to get nearer to the BCRollers ?
Old 14 Jun 2002, 22:00 (Ref:313948)   #17
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember those 2 Mallory meetings so well!
The F2 meeting that you mention Martin was March '73 and yes..it is the coldest race meeting I have ever attended too. I remember Jarier won both legs by miles! Beltoise in the other factory STP March had the biggest blow up I've ever seen...bits of BMW ended up on the spectator bank. I think it was the last F2 race at Mallory as the next year its place was taken by Atlantics.
The Radio 1 Fun day was so chaotic...all those teenie girls trying to cross the track to get at the Rollers in their speedboat!
Old 15 Jun 2002, 12:25 (Ref:314301)   #18
rick vaux
Racer

I hope it`s quiet tomorrow !!!!Sounds like Mallory is the place to be though...See you there..
Old 15 Jun 2002, 12:37 (Ref:314308)   #19
brickkicker
Veteran

looking at the time table i dont think its going to be to quiet
Old 15 Jun 2002, 21:34 (Ref:314589)   #20
rick vaux
Racer

Oh please don`t say that, my tennis elbow is playing up, i do not, want to be twirling my flags too much, anyway, just got back from the park with the kids , and started on the beer.....So my head may not be that clear in the morning.
Still, looking forward to that breakfast...
Old 16 Jun 2002, 09:52 (Ref:314848)   #21
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Did you ever get the certificate for diving into a pool in your pyjamas
You've got a pool in your pyjamas?
Old 16 Jun 2002, 18:07 (Ref:315017)   #22
brickkicker
Veteran

Did you go rick?? what did you think was a bit uneventful (as long as you wasnt on the main straight with the MGF's) but the racing was very close.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 20:51 (Ref:315084)   #23
rick vaux
Racer

Lol, yes ,was at post 7 ! Had a marvelous day..Even got to drive car 43, god knows where the driver went..
Did you see the incident in the MGFs ?
The breakfast, soooooperb.!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:23 (Ref:315265)   #24
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick! Where is post 7? - I only know the posts by names not numbers.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:38 (Ref:315282)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand

You've got a pool in your pyjamas?
Perv!