Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 19 Jul 2002, 17:16 (Ref:337590)   #1
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Meeting Photographers

I am trying to trace anyone who might have taken photos of the BRDC Single Seater races that took place during the Sports 2000 Festival at Brands on July 13/14th. In particular, any pics with car 67 included in the frame - me in otherwords!

I'm not clued up on who is allowed to be official photographers at race meetings- is there an organisation that they must be part of or are they members of whichever Club organises the meeting, or are they freelance?

When I go to meetings to spectate sometimes you see photographers standing with or near marshalls posts and they obviously get to take some great photos (without the mesh fencing in the way). Anybody know who or where these guys come from and how I might be able to track them down?

Dan
Old 19 Jul 2002, 22:38 (Ref:337780)   #2
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan

I've found (or rather he found us!) that there's a Photographer who follows us from meet to meet. Steve Jones. He takes some photos from a vantage point during the race and then meets up with us at the next meeting to sell his wares... You'd need to work out who the chap who follows you is - there will undoubtedly be one.. Maybe try contacting Ingear Motorsport - they have a lot of Photographers affiliated with them.. There's a thread somewhere around here about them.

thanks

EPS
:-)
Old 20 Jul 2002, 15:24 (Ref:338193)   #3
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool! Thanks for the advice- I will certainly follow it up. Best of luck with the remainder of your '02 Ginetta campaign!
Dan
Old 20 Jul 2002, 21:13 (Ref:338374)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Steve was at Silverstone for the MG Festival today. He also does the Classic Saloon Car club meetings.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 22:41 (Ref:338401)   #5
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands

Me and the wife go to nearly every meeting at brands and we both take about 3 or 4 films , we are nearly allways on paddock hill,and we have hundreds maybe even thousands of photos, many of you poor unfortunates that have parked it in the kitty litter at paddock, i will have a good look through and see what i have got, if any. if i find some i will send you a private reply. My walls at home are covered and everyone who enters our hallway spend a while looking through our collection, (well it makes the wallpaper look expensive), so if you have parked your motor or dropped your bike at paddock i may well have a photo of it. I am not a profesional and do not sell photos, i leave that to the people who earn their living from it, but i am sure i could get a copy. By the way i only started photography at the World Superbikes this time next year and from then on i was hooked, well blame Franki Chilli we went to brands on the thursday last year and he spotted us across the pit wall he chatted for ages and allowed us as many pics as we wanted and as we were a day early for the racing we had him all to ourselves, much to the wifes delight.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 23:37 (Ref:338445)   #6
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pics of a red/yellow Mighty Mini, no 36, pirouetting spectacularly into a cloud of dust last year??
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:22 (Ref:338578)   #7
pauldavid
Racer

maisie, is yours the moni #36 with
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:32 (Ref:338588)   #8
pauldavid
Racer

Maisie, is yours the mini #36 with just a strip of yellow across the rear wheel arch, driver wearing a white helmet with black lettering where the mouth is and white wing mirrors, if so i have acouple of you going around paddock but i think i remember throwing out a couple as the dust obscured most of the image, if you want a couple of pics or any of your fellow drivers do, next time you are at Brands, please post me a private message, please note though i am not a pro, but i do have some wicked shots taken from paddock and riders and drivers seem to love seeing themselves and their hard earned money in the kitty litter.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 15:29 (Ref:340763)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone tried Barry Ambrose as he's a regular photographer at Brands? You might also like to try Andy Mason as he does the same thing!
Old 25 Jul 2002, 18:50 (Ref:342681)   #10
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm always on the lookout for pictures of the Orange RX7.

Only Brands meeting it's been in is the CSMA one last May though. Let me know if you've got anything, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stacy
Old 30 Jul 2002, 17:26 (Ref:346520)   #11
calcium
Racer

calcium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone who races a bike is reading this and is at Oulton Park sometime I'd be more than happy to TRY!!! and take a good photo for ya???
Old 13 Aug 2002, 16:48 (Ref:356954)   #12
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
A good way might be to ask the club stewards (Secretary of the Meeting??) . They should in theory have details of any media trackside for insurance.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 17:04 (Ref:356959)   #13
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why not check out the Autosport and Motoring News reports for that meeting? They normally have a photo credit next to each pic so you will know which photographers were there. If you have one of the 'Autosport' pocket directories that come with the mag each January - all the photographers and contact details are listed. Most are freelance. I have a season media pass and I too can stand trackside to take my shots for reference for my paintings. However I was not at Brands on this occasion but if you get stuck, call Autosport with a request for the photographer's number, they are usually pretty helpful. Gary Hawkins covers a lot of Brands meetings I know - he could be one to contact.