Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 May 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3735037)   #76
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Stefan Wilson Wikipedia page says he's replacing Bourdais.
Open wheel cars on ovals is really, really dangerous. I'm glad Seabass is going to be okay and wish him a speedy recovery.

Stefan is a great choice for a replacement!
Old 21 May 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3735042)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a link to Racer's article on Davison subbing for Seabass:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/14...is-in-indy-500

The backup car is a "road course car" so it's a tall order for DCR and James.

Practice broadcast commentators also mentioned they don't expect the car to qualify today and will start last on the grid.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3735066)   #78
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had the stream on for 10 minutes and haven't seen a car yet. Just adverts, but with commentary audio so I can't hear the adverts. I'm very confused.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3735070)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I've had the stream on for 10 minutes and haven't seen a car yet. Just adverts, but with commentary audio so I can't hear the adverts. I'm very confused.
Odd. Try the YouTube stream....

https://youtu.be/SCWz5fpzcuA

Just practice right now.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3735072)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Odd. Try the YouTube stream....

https://youtu.be/SCWz5fpzcuA

Just practice right now.
Thanks for that, that's the same stream they have embedded on the site. I've gathered it's practice, but I think they have a different audio stream for international viewers as I was getting to see American adverts with no audio for them. Was a bit odd. Now got Alonso on track as it goes green.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3735074)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Thanks for that, that's the same stream they have embedded on the site. I've gathered it's practice, but I think they have a different audio stream for international viewers as I was getting to see American adverts with no audio for them. Was a bit odd. Now got Alonso on track as it goes green.
The only adverts we've had were for the events surrounding the race itself, so it must be a different feed.

The incar for Alonso showing how controlled his hands were was interesting...
Old 21 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3735075)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
The only adverts we've had were for the events surrounding the race itself, so it must be a different feed.

The incar for Alonso showing how controlled his hands were was interesting...
Some said Alonso would struggle with the sheer speed. He appears as calm as you like doesn't he. His qualifying lap was certainly as fearless as any other IndyCar driver.
Old 21 May 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3735078)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Some said Alonso would struggle with the sheer speed. He appears as calm as you like doesn't he. His qualifying lap was certainly as fearless as any other IndyCar driver.
I thought he would, too, but mostly because of his lack of speedway experience. But just as cool as the other side of the pillow so far.

Not to be morbid, but wonder if his most of his fearlessness could be partially due to the fact that he's yet to have an incident at this track...

He's certainly had his fair share of nasty incidents, just not here.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 21 May 2017 at 18:16.
Old 21 May 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3735083)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
For Fred to get into the top nine shootout shows two things. One: He has prepared the right way. Two he is one of the best ever in modern day motorsport and would have done well in any era. Let's see if he can win it
Old 21 May 2017, 18:36 (Ref:3735084)   #85
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
For Fred to get into the top nine shootout shows two things. One: He has prepared the right way. Two he is one of the best ever in modern day motorsport and would have done well in any era. Let's see if he can win it
Not only any era, but any formula / discipline.

10-33 quali about to get going.
Old 21 May 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3735087)   #86
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's annoying, IndyCar have stopped streaming. Viewing must be behind the pay wall.
Old 21 May 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3735088)   #87
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
This is a big reason why I stopped watching IndyCar. You have to put effort and research into how to actually see the sport. So is that it for tonight? The IndyCar website actually says it's on RaceControl, but it clearly isn't there.
Old 21 May 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3735089)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
ESPN 3 is what I am using right now. I know how that goes with others...I would lend out my loginfo, but....

Alonso is having his engine changed for precautionary measures. The race engine is going in and they have an 1:25 to get this done.
Old 21 May 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3735092)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Mr. Pigot had a "wiggle" - I guess a double wiggle but kept it off the wall.

Pippa the quickest of the four that have run thus far.
Old 21 May 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3735097)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Jack Harvey bounced off the wall and still goes to 2nd quick (11th).
Old 21 May 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3735102)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Close to getting to pole quali underway. Here's the fast 9 that will make their run for the pole shortly:

ABC is about to take over so maybe check back with IndyCar.com or the other streams now. Perhaps they won't be blocked.
Old 21 May 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3735103)   #92
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ESPN 3 is what I am using right now. I know how that goes with others...I would lend out my loginfo, but....

Alonso is having his engine changed for precautionary measures. The race engine is going in and they have an 1:25 to get this done.
That's unlucky. I presume we won't see him on full boost?
Old 21 May 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3735106)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That's unlucky. I presume we won't see him on full boost?
Not sure. These guys have been qualifying in 4th of 6 gears so that either strains or doesn't the engine.

I'd lean towards no impact on his qualifying unless someone missed a bolt. I would say he would wear on Alonso's psyche, but track record so far tells me it won't phase him.

EDIT
And they did make it in time to tech.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 21 May 2017 at 20:27.
Old 21 May 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3735109)   #94
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
RHR puts down the fastest quali time of the weekend so far with a 231.674.

Track conditions or did they get it right or both?
Old 21 May 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3735118)   #95
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Not great laps for Macro or TK.
Old 21 May 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3735121)   #96
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Alonso goes to the top of the pylon. 231.330 and he waits the last 6 to go. He's amazing!
Old 21 May 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3735122)   #97
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Rossi was seriously committed. That was a brave set of laps that.
Old 21 May 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3735123)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rossi knocks Fred off the top spot!

JR looking like he'll be faster than both.
Old 21 May 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3735125)   #99
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Rossi knocks Fred off the top spot!

JR looking like he'll be faster than both.
Was an odd first lap that. The average speed was fast but entry was down into both 1 and 3. A lot of drop off through the 4 too.
Old 21 May 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3735127)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Was an odd first lap that. The average speed was fast but entry was down into both 1 and 3. A lot of drop off through the 4 too.
Yeah JR almost threw it all away.

Dixie on great pace!