Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Sep 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3676083)   #1
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC TCR Scandinavia 2017

So, lets get 2017 cracking! We are many who are looking forward to what TCR in STCC can bring. There have already been lots of speculation.

We know Volvo are out, they wont have a TCR car ready for 2017, question is will they ever build a TCR car?

What we know already:

PWR Racing SEAT Dealer Team - 3 cars, presumably for Kristoffersson, Haglöf and one more.
Lestrup Racing Team - VW Golf for unnamed driver.
West Coast Racing - Runs JAS Honda in TCR International, now without the Volvo contract in STCC bets are they will run a few Hondas here instead.
MAGP - Mattias Andersson wont have Dacia support for next year but has made his intentions clear, he wants to be in STCC in 2017. Hint, he has been a longtime Alfa driver, and Alfa has a TCR car, sort of.
LMS Racing - The Finnish team currently racing in TCR Germany has expressed intentions to race in STCC, so much STCC are actually eyeing expending the calendar for a race in Finland for 2017 already.
Flash Engineering - Back in STCC with Nissan, but do Nissan have a TCR car?
Brovallen Design - Switched from KIA to Ford this year for the reason Ford already had an TCR car, but now KIA also have one?

But the 1 million dollar question right now seem to be, who has got their hand on the brand new Audi RS3 TCR? Will KMS return with Audi?
Old 30 Sep 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3676094)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
But the 1 million dollar question right now seem to be, who has got their hand on the brand new Audi RS3 TCR? Will KMS return with Audi?
Ekstrom's team running Audi in STCC?
Old 30 Sep 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3676128)   #3
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of stuff happening right now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the teams working on it make it all the way.

Sorry I can't tell you more but what I know is either third hand rumors or confidential info.

By my count we are up to about 9 cars as good as ordered already. I'll let you speculate who did what

Last edited by Obizzz; 30 Sep 2016 at 14:29.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3676147)   #4
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz View Post
A lot of stuff happening right now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the teams working on it make it all the way.

Sorry I can't tell you more but what I know is either third hand rumors or confidential info.

By my count we are up to about 9 cars as good as ordered already. I'll let you speculate who did what
Thanks for the info!

I hope that an STCC team produces their own TCR car, that would be especially cool.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 06:56 (Ref:3676637)   #5
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Thanks for the info!

I hope that an STCC team produces their own TCR car, that would be especially cool.
I don't know how lenient the Swedish ASN is with national homologations, but other than that I wouldn't be too hopeful. Teams that want to have their car homologated internationally need to be able to supply customers internationally and I don't know if any Swedish teams would want to go through that kind of hassle.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3676953)   #6
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't know how lenient the Swedish ASN is with national homologations, but other than that I wouldn't be too hopeful. Teams that want to have their car homologated internationally need to be able to supply customers internationally and I don't know if any Swedish teams would want to go through that kind of hassle.
Yes, very true, I just had dreams of the Sturesson 308 or the Volvo C30.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3676977)   #7
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
KMS Audis, Brovallen Mercedes, OTS Opel Astra. STCC sure did bring some great cars in min -00's, too bad not all of them where quick.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3676983)   #8
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
KMS Audis, Brovallen Mercedes, OTS Opel Astra. STCC sure did bring some great cars in min -00's, too bad not all of them where quick.
Indeed, they were very nice to see!

I remember also a Merc fighting valiantly in the DTC around Padborg once too, but my memory fails me.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3677281)   #9
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favorite was always the Chrysler!

I don't think it's necessarily all bad that there's no Volvo next season, I don't think it's ever healthy for a series to be to dependent on a single entry.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3677492)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
My favorite was always the Chrysler!

I don't think it's necessarily all bad that there's no Volvo next season, I don't think it's ever healthy for a series to be to dependent on a single entry.
Chrysler Neon?
Old 5 Oct 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3677550)   #11
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Chrysler Neon?
Stratus
http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.ne...827531-111.jpg

but it wasn't build for STCC, it was build and raced initially for the short lived North American Touring Car championship (lasted just for 1996-1997) after one of the cars was brought and raced as works car in STCC
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0150_large.jpg
Old 9 Oct 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3678605)   #12
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Stratus

but it wasn't build for STCC, it was build and raced initially for the short lived North American Touring Car championship (lasted just for 1996-1997) after one of the cars was brought and raced as works car in STCC
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0150_large.jpg
That's the one! I always thought Engström built that car for some reason, then again I was about 10 at the time so maybe I can be excused..
Old 11 Oct 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3679228)   #13
Ralle
Rookie

Ralle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buy a TCR/TCN2 car

When you are going to buy a new TCR/TCN2 car, you buy it from a manufacture or a tuner.

Seat Leon from http://www.seat-sport.com/

Volkswagen Golf from http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/index.php?id=1994

Honda Civic http://www.jasmotorsport.com/en/product/honda-civic-type-r-tcr/8d1a7613-8cb3-4da7-a93f-4518c36e18d8/

Opel Astra http://www.jasmotorsport.com/en/product/honda-civic-type-r-tcr/8d1a7613-8cb3-4da7-a93f-4518c36e18d8/

STCC AB or any TCR organizer or World Sporting Consulting Ltd are not involved at all when you do business with dieses dealers. You can buy parts and help from dieses dealers too.

As a driver or team you don´t need a contract or agreement with World Sporting Consulting Ltd.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3677553)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Now I remember it again.

The Neon was a single make cup.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 04:17 (Ref:3678017)   #15
Ralle
Rookie

Why?

Why did STCC AB choose a franchise agreement with promotor World Sporting Consulting, LTD (WSC)? What is the cost for this?
Would it be better to choose FIA technical regulation TCN2 for STCC? FIA rules allow both FWD and RWD cars. FIA TCN2 rules is the same as TCR by WSC but only allow FWD cars.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3678137)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Welcome on Ten Tenths.

I assume you need a license otherwise you can't use the name "TCR"?
Old 9 Oct 2016, 05:03 (Ref:3678532)   #17
Ralle
Rookie

Are STCC ruin it´s trademark?

STCC (Scandinavian Touring Car Championship) don´t need a franchise agreement with promotor World sporting Consulting LTD (WSC).

STCC do not need for a new WSC franchise name like; TCR Scandinavian.

STCC have since 1996 a good brand in the name Scandinavian Touring Car Championship, this brand are today 20 years old. STCC AB also have longtime agreement of national championship with Swedish Automobile Sports Federation and the Swedish Sports Confederation.

STCC AB as a car race organizer needs to break the agreement, to get more freedom with the rules, to get more commercial with more car brands. They need to adapt FIA TCN2 rules and new National rules for national built cars. They may also use the Swedish Automobile Sports Federation (SBF) for homologation/certification of cars at national level. If STCC AB are going to have 25-30 cars on the grid, they need more car brands to take part in the STCC-serie, than Promotor World Sport Consulting can deliver.

The teams, drivers in STCC cannot accept the loose of car brands like BMW, Mercedes, Saab, Dacia, Nissan Chevrolet, Volvo, (2 door cars) and car different car models of other car brands.

This change does not affect, the use of international TCR-car for teams/drivers. The teams and driver how will drive in other TCR-series and other racing, can do as they like. The important her are that the STCC AB as a racing organizer are totally free from agreements like that with promotor World Sporting Consulting LTD.

STCC AB needs to do this for this for Scandinavian teams, Scandinavian drivers and Scandinavian motorsport industry. STCC AB can not make it more expensive for Scandinavian teams, Scandinavian drivers and Scandinavian motorsport industry when they forcing them to follow a private company’s rules (WSC). Swedish Automobile Sport Federation (SBF) and FIA (Fédération Internationale de Iáutomobile) have the rules to make STCC racing cheaper at national level.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 08:09 (Ref:3679236)   #18
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ehm, your point was pretty clear already. No need to keep on repeating it
Old 11 Oct 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3679345)   #19
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Ehm, your point was pretty clear already. No need to keep on repeating it
The guy has been on Swedish boards with several different user names posting the exact same stuff.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 08:07 (Ref:3679475)   #20
Ralle
Rookie

Crysler in TCR/TCN2.

Today Chrysler means Fiat Chrylser Automobiles.

Cars for TCR/TCN2;

Alfa Romeo Gulietta https://youtu.be/TH75W-ltYbI

Fiat Tipo

Dodge Dart https://youtu.be/UlYMMjYqFQk

TCR and TCN2 have allowed engine change in the regulation.

The new 2 liter turbo MultAir engine from Fiat Chrysler Automobile are a good engine for TCR/TCN2 racing.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 08:28 (Ref:3679478)   #21
Ralle
Rookie

This discussion are not new in STCC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
The guy has been on Swedish boards with several different user names posting the exact same stuff.

I have seen a big document about Swedish racing and I am not alone!

STCC AB and other racing people have also seen it!

In touring car racing today, there are many people talking how you can make racing cheaper. If you buy or have a franchise agreement, you must pay for it.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3679245)   #22
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don´t feed the troll.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3679338)   #23
Lando
Rookie

Lando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the silly season in STCC for the switch to TCR next year these are some rumors, and facts.

PWR Racing is expected to field at least three SEAT, with up to six SEAT rumoured from the team which might be necessary to get some cars on the grid.

A driver in Clio Cup will take the step up to STCC in a VW Golf that will be run by Lestrup Racing.

Westcoast Racing has said they will not enter STCC next year. They will run race operations for Volvo which are rumoured to be a TTA-Volvo in Swedish GT.

Finnish LMS Racing might enter 1-2 SEAT in STCC next year.

Mattias Andersson does not have a drive or car for the team confirmed. He has expressed an interest if a budget and a car can be found.

NIKA Racing is rumoured to be working on 1-2 Opels for STCC next year, but they have a history of tight budgets and big plans that not always come through.

Right now potentially six cars:

3 PWR SEAT
1 VW Golf
2 LMS SEAT

With another 3 SEAT we might see 9 cars on the grid, growing to 11 if the plans for NIKA Racing and Mattias Andersson come to anything.

Last edited by Lando; 11 Oct 2016 at 17:01.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 08:33 (Ref:3679481)   #24
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando View Post
About the silly season in STCC for the switch to TCR next year these are some rumors, and facts.

PWR Racing is expected to field at least three SEAT, with up to six SEAT rumoured from the team which might be necessary to get some cars on the grid.

A driver in Clio Cup will take the step up to STCC in a VW Golf that will be run by Lestrup Racing.

Westcoast Racing has said they will not enter STCC next year. They will run race operations for Volvo which are rumoured to be a TTA-Volvo in Swedish GT.

Finnish LMS Racing might enter 1-2 SEAT in STCC next year.

Mattias Andersson does not have a drive or car for the team confirmed. He has expressed an interest if a budget and a car can be found.

NIKA Racing is rumoured to be working on 1-2 Opels for STCC next year, but they have a history of tight budgets and big plans that not always come through.

Right now potentially six cars:

3 PWR SEAT
1 VW Golf
2 LMS SEAT

With another 3 SEAT we might see 9 cars on the grid, growing to 11 if the plans for NIKA Racing and Mattias Andersson come to anything.
Brovallen with the Ford Focus?
Old 12 Oct 2016, 10:15 (Ref:3679496)   #25
Lando
Rookie

Lando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Brovallen with the Ford Focus?
If they find a driver with a budget anything is possible, but not likely.

They had one car this year, and the driver struggled massively for budget and in the end they had to cancel the final weekend after having cancelled sessions throughout the season. It is now a legal matter for the team to try and get what they are owed.

And today STCC released that they will merge Clio Cup with STCC/TCR next year so the signs are that there are few entries ready.