Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 May 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3734607)   #51
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/nico...eam-principal/

Ian Harrison gone from the BTCC - wonder if we'll see an improvement from 888?
Old 20 May 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3734621)   #52
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
P5 from Cole(!) & P8 from Sutton - so far it looks promising for the Subarus!
Old 20 May 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3734623)   #53
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post

That was only a matter of time, I'm surprised he hung on as long as he did judging by the paddock rattlings at Media Day! Shame as he could of gone out with his head held high a while back. Times change, things move on, let's hope we see a step (or two forward) from 888 now.
Old 20 May 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3734630)   #54
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wow. Nice to see MG helping the team further, although shame ATS didn't participate in FP1.
Old 20 May 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3734631)   #55
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This is the wheel from Jordan's car.

It's the power steering map dial - just in a different position.

And you can see the position of the Civic dial in this video:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...42780231_n.mp4
That cupholder is some interesting marketing. Reminds me of the Nokia phones on the dash of the Triple Eight cars down under.
Old 20 May 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3734639)   #56
thlbtcc
Veteran

The rain has come to play.
Old 20 May 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3734648)   #57
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
That cupholder is some interesting marketing.
I'm guessing it's removed before a race to save weight?
Old 20 May 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3734651)   #58
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The rain has come to play.
Looks like the expected performances are happening at Oulton.

4 of the top 8 RWD in FP1
6 of the top 9 RWD in FP2

FWD cars taking podiums will be the measure of success this weekend it seems. Is there much rain forecast for Sunday?
Old 20 May 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3734654)   #59
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That cupholder is some interesting marketing. Reminds me of the Nokia phones on the dash of the Triple Eight cars down under.
http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...rwaves-racing/
Motorbase also had Airwaves bottles in their cars. Nice attention to detail I think.
Old 20 May 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3734659)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm guessing it's removed before a race to save weight?
I imagine it's empty and glued in, so only worth a few grams.
Old 20 May 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3734662)   #61
thlbtcc
Veteran

Nice to see that Ingram also has the new Avensis interior. Non-essential, but nice detail. Everything in place for further Toyota support.....
Old 20 May 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3734665)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I imagine it's empty and glued in, so only worth a few grams.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129544
Old 20 May 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3734669)   #63
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Strong Honda showing in qualifying then - Neal gets pole.
RWD looking strong, with Jordan, Turkington and Sutton up there and Collard making the top 10.

Plato seems to still have the problem with his chassis, as he could only get P18?

Boost adjustment(s) for the Fords looks to have improved their position.

Great result from Proctor to take P10.

Disappointment must be at 888, after having tested at Oulton to only get P19 and P26.

Who can capitalise tomorrow - and who will find themselves unable to pass on the tight circuit?
Old 20 May 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3734670)   #64
thlbtcc
Veteran

Josh Cook, once again up there with the best of the better-funded Motorbase cars. Proctor continuing to surprise and beating Chilton. Sutton once again thrashing Plato, just over three tenths quicker and with some ballast on-board.

Daniel Lloyd having to use the bent Sutton chassis from last year.

Jordan should win R1 tomorrow.

Shaping up to be a Honda/BMW/Ingram title fight. Those who do their homework....
Old 20 May 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3734672)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah...Lewis dropped his drinks bottle to save a kilo or two throughout the race. The Red Bull can will be empty, not a drinks bottle, so only worth a few grams. It'll weigh the same as a sponsor sticker
Old 20 May 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3734677)   #66
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ash Sutton is top dog at BMR , JP is out of his league

did Matt Neal got his mojo back ?
Old 20 May 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3734688)   #67
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So TOCA drip feed the Fords and Subaru to keep them interested , still off from last year it must be soul destroying for the teams
Old 20 May 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3734691)   #68
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yeah...Lewis dropped his drinks bottle to save a kilo or two throughout the race. The Red Bull can will be empty, not a drinks bottle, so only worth a few grams. It'll weigh the same as a sponsor sticker
Thanks for clarifying. Thought it might be filled with mercury.
Old 20 May 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3734693)   #69
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Predicting Sutton to win R1 tomorrow - I had a feeling that he would outscore Plato when the line-up was announced and so far it's looking that way!

Looking at his Twitter, Plato still feels the car is down on power.

Reckon Mat Jackson will get a win too, maybe R3 - about time! - as well as Turkington or Collard.

Hopefully Proctor can convert qualifying pace into race pace - I know a lot of us had him down to be right at the back but he is definitely impressing so far, even more so in a young team and new car.
Old 20 May 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3734700)   #70
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Looking at his Twitter, Plato still feels the car is down on power.
So, he says the chassis is sorted - so we can put the CoG discussion to bed now.

He's trotting out the line about engine equalisation, but seems to forget that Sutton has consistently been towards the top of the speed traps so far this weekend.

It's also been noted that if he strung his own best sectors together he'd be P8, so perhaps a look in the mirror and across the garage would make more sense than bleating about power again.
Old 20 May 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3734703)   #71
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
So, he says the chassis is sorted - so we can put the CoG discussion to bed now.

He's trotting out the line about engine equalisation, but seems to forget that Sutton has consistently been towards the top of the speed traps so far this weekend.

It's also been noted that if he strung his own best sectors together he'd be P8, so perhaps a look in the mirror and across the garage would make more sense than bleating about power again.
Albeit not in qualifying, but Cole put in two great performances in free practice too so the car definitely has pace. It'll be interesting to see whether Plato can improve in the races and maybe be in a good position for the reverse grid race. Though I like Sutton over Plato by a long way so things can stay the way they are and I'll be happy!

Incidentally, whilst Plato has been out of the spotlight, I've noticed far fewer push-to-pash moves so far this season......
Old 20 May 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3734723)   #72
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I still think there is something not yet out in the open regarding Plato and BMR.

I do not believe the lead driver in a team with title ambitions prior to season start would not have turned a few laps in a teammates car to establish if the "lack of feel" was just his car post crash or common to it's sister cars and therefore possibly COG adjustment related.

That Ash Sutton is performing as he is would suggest Plato is at sea for whatever reason. If I were Plato, and come up distant second to Sutton again this weekend I would be driving the two cars back to back in a private test immediately afterwards for my own peace of mind.

On the Ian Harrison front I was surprised to discover his resignation as Director back in March given he was still present within the team. To my mind, he was probably pushed out of the Directorship by the Scott's as a condition of keeping the team afloat. Maybe there was a severance clause that kept him at the team until now, or maybe the atmosphere had become real bad as Nick Ferrari seems to be suggesting.
We might never know; Mr Harrison is one for straight talking but he may well be bound to say nothing to nobody. Whatever, if those MGs are on the grid next year I'll but a helmet and eat it...
Old 20 May 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3734728)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Thought it might be filled with mercury.
Couldn't have been that obvious since you suggested it be removed from the car to save weight.

As for Subaru - lawl. They said it was a RWD circuit, they said they'd suit the circuit better, they said they'd found the problem. I don't think Jason has forgotten how to drive overnight, but maybe he is losing his touch just like everybody does eventually.
Old 20 May 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3734733)   #74
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Couldn't have been that obvious since you suggested it be removed from the car to save weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I still think there is something not yet out in the open regarding Plato and BMR.

I do not believe the lead driver in a team with title ambitions prior to season start would not have turned a few laps in a teammates car to establish if the "lack of feel" was just his car post crash or common to it's sister cars and therefore possibly COG adjustment related.

That Ash Sutton is performing as he is would suggest Plato is at sea for whatever reason. If I were Plato, and come up distant second to Sutton again this weekend I would be driving the two cars back to back in a private test immediately afterwards for my own peace of mind.
Or maybe Cole's car - having 'solved the problem' at Thruxton, Cole now seems to have closed the gap, as opposed to Plato moving forward.
As much as many might not like the situation, perhaps it is time to accept that Sutton is the stronger driver (in that car anyway) and the Plato is starting to decline?
Old 20 May 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3734741)   #75
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There's a video on Facebook with Paul O'Neill talking to Plato which explains more.

Basically the chassis isn't right, and hasn't been since he slapped it into the pit wall at Brands. What's he's saying is that they have been able to adjust the set-up to compensate, but that's far from ideal.

Not sure where they go from here. Don't think they can simply swap Plato's bent car with Cole or Price. Ideal solution would be a new car, but don't know if they have the time or budget.