Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Oct 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3773548)   #46
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427 View Post
i live not to far from laguna (3 hours) i can tell you there has been 0 promoting out here. i am in the motorsports loop in terms of employment, and about 30% of the people dont even know this is going on. the other problem i see is the teams in pwc arent really setup for a endurance event like this tbh.
And if you read the laguna website, they are advertising the WC Gt race as a part of the weekend, and those cars are done for the season, last gt race of the year was sonoma. I did hear an ad on the radio here in sacramento this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3773667)   #47
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Millions would pay for F1, Nascar or MotoGP.

But very few would pay for Blancpain GT.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3773702)   #48
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Too bad. I would rather watch GT racing than any of the three entities mentioned above. I must be in the minority I guess. Do not see the appeal of Formula 1 and NASCAR anymore. Nothing beyond looking on the internet to see the race results. That's it. GT cars on the other hand are great looking machinery. They look sporty. I can even watch a Blancpain GT practice session or a GT Open qualifying session so I can see these dream cars run around a track.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3773887)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Magnus will be running an Audi factory livery:
Quote:
Audi Sport‏ @audisport 10h10 hours ago

#Cal8h entries: Audi R8 LMS #44 from Audi Sport Team Magnus with @Pierre_Kaffer, @KelvinvdLinde and @m_winkelhock #GT3 #LeagueofPerformance
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3773891)   #50
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Looks like Magnus will be running an Audi factory livery:
I like it!
Old 12 Oct 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3773917)   #51
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I'm all for free to access coverage to motor racing. Show me adverts fine, but don't put up a pay wall, it just encourages people to look for way round it. Advertising before, during and after a race as long as it isn't too excessive never puts anyone off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it becomes too much of knowing the secret handshake to get in the club to view the race, then you pretty much lost most of your audience. I still don't get how Creventic can stream their races with announcers and pit reporting with a camera in the pits too. We all know that 0.5% of the sportscar hardcore even know about but somehow they (Creventic) do a pretty good job of broadcasting it for anyone anywhere can watch it.

I know a group of guys that decided against this 8hr event and went to Spa to run the 12hr race there instead. It was cheaper (even though the race is longer), the whole race was streamed online so their family/friends could watch it anywhere (great way to convince your wife you are spending all of that money on hookers and blow) and there was lots more information available to potential renters well ahead of time as opposed to this 8hr race (some even wondered if it was going to happen at all).
Old 12 Oct 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3773930)   #52
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
I like it!

Yes Magnus will this weekend be running as Audi Sport Team Magnus, and as a full factory supported team for the weekend they must run the livery!

I know WRT are running as a privateer this weekend, not sure if Land have factory backing and livery for the weekend or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 Oct 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3774023)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Audi supporting Magnus. But the livery doesn't integrate with the body design.

These are better examples:

Old 13 Oct 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3774084)   #54
fergus_r
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more car has dropped out (M1 GT Racing Audi), so down to 19 cars. Land paced practice today- different chassis this weekend but their Petit-winning car is in the paddock.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 02:29 (Ref:3774104)   #55
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!
I wonder if this is streamed on GT1World after all... qualifying and superpole streams are already listed, but the race isn't (unrelated GT4 and GT Asia events on Sunday are still listed and usuallly all Blancpain events are listed beforehand, so by all accounts this race should be listed by now too).

Qualifying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WIURco6VJI
Superpole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxy3cKCbo4U

Another worrying thing is that everytime CBS Sports showed a Pirelli WC race (whether live or tape-delayed), there was no live stream for that race.

Last edited by deggis; 14 Oct 2017 at 02:36.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 02:34 (Ref:3774107)   #56
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

At least WEC has carved itself a niche customer base.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3774135)   #57
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I wonder if this is streamed on GT1World after all... qualifying and superpole streams are already listed, but the race isn't (unrelated GT4 and GT Asia events on Sunday are still listed and usuallly all Blancpain events are listed beforehand, so by all accounts this race should be listed by now too).

Qualifying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WIURco6VJI
Superpole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxy3cKCbo4U

Another worrying thing is that everytime CBS Sports showed a Pirelli WC race (whether live or tape-delayed), there was no live stream for that race.
Now it is listed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ayGF3XpyCI
Old 14 Oct 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3774218)   #58
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Superpole has started.
Old 15 Oct 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3774232)   #59
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Land and Magnus make it an all Audi front row, followed by Wright, WRT and KPAX: http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...monterey-pole/
Old 15 Oct 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3774337)   #60
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Race is scheduled to start in 15 minutes.