Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3770028)   #871
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Zak Brown: McLaren F1 team open to compromise on special payment.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/re...ce=mostpopular

I think that their special payments are about to cease anyway due to non performance! ??

So hugely generous from Zak.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3770120)   #872
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Are we really ready for the return of four-wheel drive in F1?
its highly road relevant, and will simplify things a great deal for all teams
Old 12 Oct 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3773789)   #873
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems as though Jenson Button still pledges allegiance to Honda after this divorce?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3773843)   #874
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Seems as though Jenson Button still pledges allegiance to Honda after this divorce?
I assume this is in reference to Jenson potentially driving a prototype for Penske with Honda power? Why not? Why should he hold a grudge? Does he have much of a reason to hold a grudge? The issue is more between Honda and McLaren. I expect Jenson will exit his association with McLaren at the end of this season. It's probably already a done deal, but just not announced. I believe McLaren is already talking who might be reserve driver for 2018 and it is likely not Jenson. Jenson also has a long history with Honda that goes beyond the recent McLaren partnership.

Richard
Old 12 Oct 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3773873)   #875
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I assume this is in reference to Jenson potentially driving a prototype for Penske with Honda power? Why not? Why should he hold a grudge? Does he have much of a reason to hold a grudge? The issue is more between Honda and McLaren. I expect Jenson will exit his association with McLaren at the end of this season. It's probably already a done deal, but just not announced. I believe McLaren is already talking who might be reserve driver for 2018 and it is likely not Jenson. Jenson also has a long history with Honda that goes beyond the recent McLaren partnership.

Richard

No reason to hold a grudge, just that I was just learning which side he has gone with. Makes sense that he is ending his official association with Mclaren as reserve driver to pursue avenues with Honda
Old 12 Oct 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3773900)   #876
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
There's a big assumption that Button will be in a Penske due to Honda. But Zak Brown has a United Autosports LMP2 at Daytona as well.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3773908)   #877
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There's a big assumption that Button will be in a Penske due to Honda. But Zak Brown has a United Autosports LMP2 at Daytona as well.
After posting above, I think I read that the Button Penske deal is not going to work for undisclosed reasons ($$$?). I also read about the Zak Brown deal as well.

Richard
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3773991)   #878
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
After posting above, I think I read that the Button Penske deal is not going to work for undisclosed reasons ($$$?). I also read about the Zak Brown deal as well.

Richard

And the fact there's no space left for him? The drivers were announced at the beginning of this week, Cameron/JPM/Pagenaud and Castroneves/Taylor/Rahal. And think the money Zak may have hinted at for United's LMP2 at Daytona and potentially Sebring, Petit Le Mans may have been more than Penske/Acura wanted to offer.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3773992)   #879
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Button and Honda go back a long way and he did compete for them in Super GT, so I think he still has some connection with them
Old 13 Oct 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3774071)   #880
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
if his 2017 retainer is any indication of his 2018 salary demands, can Mclaren justify spending that much for Button to maintain essentially a promotional/reserve driver role?

also seeing some silly numbers being thrown around for Alonso's 2018 salary.... 40mil euros!!!

regardless of how good he is/still might be, if that number is true then its a crazy amount for a driver not in a top car.