Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Oct 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3772400)   #376
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
I wish I could find some better video, or an rFactor rendition of the lap, but from what I can tell, the circuit is quite spectacular.

Hopefully the locals will chill after the event, when they see all the completed roadwork, the revitalized parkland, and the major perimeter roads around improved so there's maybe less traffic going right through the middle of the neighborhood.

Also, I wasn't even really aware of the existence of Newcastle NSW before the announcement of the Supercars event; I'm sure I'm not the only one. If the locals are concerned about their "history", it's pretty much going to be through tourism that that would be made into an economic asset, so building that awareness is a good thing for the city in that regard.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 02:54 (Ref:3772402)   #377
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
If it's me, I wouldn't care if Supercars ran through my loungeroom as long as I had good seats, but trying to place myself in someones shoes who doesn't like car racing, well, bugger that...

How would Supercars go if a local resident claims they are having a family reunion that weekend and will require 100 wristbands for friends and family...?
That local resident would have to be labeled as the biggest moron in the neighborhood. The dates for this have been known for ages. Only pure stupidity would be the cause for someone planning something then.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 03:23 (Ref:3772408)   #378
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not if they need 100 free tickets....
Old 7 Oct 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3772412)   #379
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That local resident would have to be labeled as the biggest moron in the neighborhood. The dates for this have been known for ages. Only pure stupidity would be the cause for someone planning something then.
The only problem with that theory is for example if someone moves next to a racetrack that has been there for years, and complains about the noise. Ultimately the track has to lower the noise or gets given limitations that ultimately chokes it

There was a pub in Sydney that was 'famous' for it's live Sunday afternoon music sessions for over 50 years... However a bunch of new neighbours got together and the upshot was the pub can no longer have live music on a Sunday afternoon

People power lobbying the council have more power than anything. The saving grace for Newcastle though is the state government support, that will ensure the event is in no danger.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3772456)   #380
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The only problem with that theory is for example if someone moves next to a racetrack that has been there for years, and complains about the noise. Ultimately the track has to lower the noise or gets given limitations that ultimately chokes it

There was a pub in Sydney that was 'famous' for it's live Sunday afternoon music sessions for over 50 years... However a bunch of new neighbours got together and the upshot was the pub can no longer have live music on a Sunday afternoon

People power lobbying the council have more power than anything. The saving grace for Newcastle though is the state government support, that will ensure the event is in no danger.
Yep. There was a track in Arizona that was closed down by the locals because of noise. Kicker being that the track was directly adjacent to an active Air Force base.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3772975)   #381
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMG_6795.JPG
New hairpin taking shape

Photo from Facebook page Hunter Happenings

Last edited by Beages; 8 Oct 2017 at 10:57.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3774097)   #382
Beages
Rookie

[URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/beages/media/IMG_6795_zpsteyze0g8.jpg.html]
Old 14 Oct 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3774099)   #383
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Think this is what you want

well that's my hope
Old 14 Oct 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3774102)   #384
Beages
Rookie

Main straight. When its all packed up we have more parking for the foreshore. Win win.

Last edited by Beages; 14 Oct 2017 at 02:31.
Old 15 Oct 2017, 05:09 (Ref:3774278)   #385
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdsPZpxp3-g

Great drone footage of new circuit, dated 2-Oct-17
Old 15 Oct 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3774298)   #386
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great footage. That’s a lot of people’s homes the track is running past. Hardly any wonder some of them have got the shy tests.
Old Yesterday, 21:05 (Ref:3775702)   #387
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
Here's a short, on-the-ground video, showing someone driving up to Turn 11, and then going along the front stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhx4czmYTE