Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3770003)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The head of the FIA's Formula 1 technical department, Marcin Budkowski, has resigned.

The head of the FIA's Formula 1 technical department, Marcin Budkowski, has resigned and according to this article, has been placed on three months gardening leave by the FIA.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132031
Old 26 Sep 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3770027)   #2
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Weird!
Old 27 Sep 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3770040)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Good.....F1 needs less technology.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3770043)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Good.....F1 needs less technology.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3770071)   #5
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like he's going to work at a team and the FIA didn't want him giving that team any advantages with the directions that would be discussed at meetings.

I fully expect he will be replaced so I doubt it will make any difference to where F1 is going.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3770072)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he was going to a rival team, I would think that 3 months gardening leave wasn't anywhere near long enough. Needs to be more like 15 months.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3770082)   #7
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Sounds like he's going to work at a team and the FIA didn't want him giving that team any advantages with the directions that would be discussed at meetings.

I fully expect he will be replaced so I doubt it will make any difference to where F1 is going.
Agree regarding nothing changing in how the sport works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
If he was going to a rival team, I would think that 3 months gardening leave wasn't anywhere near long enough. Needs to be more like 15 months.
Yes, three months seems extremely short. While his background is in aero, he was the head of that department, so I assume his current knowledge of what ALL teams is doing is extensive. Should we place bets as to where he ends up?

Richard
Old 27 Sep 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3770088)   #8
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Agree regarding nothing changing in how the sport works.
Pretty sure both Armco and I knew that.

Quote:
Should we place bets as to where he ends up?
Mercedes?
Old 27 Sep 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3770091)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
McLaren? They need all the help they can get.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3770106)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
McLaren? They need all the help they can get.
Hence the three months, everyone agreed to help those poor guys in Woking a little, they try so hard in their tiny little garage
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3770116)   #11
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hence the three months, everyone agreed to help those poor guys in Woking a little, they try so hard in their tiny little garage
Just for that, I'm going to fly my McLaren flag directly over your tent next week.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3770285)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Just for that, I'm going to fly my McLaren flag directly over your tent next week.
That's fine, it may quit halfway through the event and then we'll have a cheesed off Spaniard stomping through camp and sitting in our chairs.

And before anyone gets extra angry, I do NOT have anything against McLaren at all. Just me being a smart ass
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3770499)   #13
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Richard

The teams believe that he is Renault bound!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...oining-renault
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3770504)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can see why other teams aren't happy, he's got too much info on other teams, which means Reanult will know everything
Old 29 Sep 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3770524)   #15
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see why other teams aren't happy, he's got too much info on other teams, which means Reanult will know everything
With any luck he knows enough to save us all from another 3 years of lopsided competition.