Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3770373)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran
 
HORNDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Oregon
Posts: 8,892
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petit Le Mans

............ Motul Petit Le Mans
........... Oct. 4th Oct. 7th

.
.
.
Schedule
.
Entry List
.
Track Map
.
Timing & Scoring
.
IMSA Radio
.
IMSA Site
.
Spotters Guide
.
RLS video Stream
.
Satellite
.
Weather
.
World Times



Qualifying: Friday October 6th, 4:20pm/16:20 local EDST ( GMT -4 )



L.P.

Last edited by joeb; 5 Oct 2017 at 22:08.
HORNDAWG is online now  
__________________
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Quote
Old 28 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3770374)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran
 
HORNDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Oregon
Posts: 8,892
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTLM and GTD BoP ...

GTLM Ferrari gets weight ....

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf







L.P.
HORNDAWG is online now  
__________________
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Quote
Old 28 Sep 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3770375)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran
 
HORNDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Oregon
Posts: 8,892
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penske to enter Petit with an Oreca 07, drivers will be Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud.

http://www.teampenske.com/news/index..._Petit_Le_Mans






L.P.
HORNDAWG is online now  
__________________
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Quote
Old 28 Sep 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3770376)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran
 
HORNDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Oregon
Posts: 8,892
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rebellion drivers for Petit will be Gustavo Menezes, Nick Heidfeld and Mathias Beche.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-at-petit.html







L.P.
HORNDAWG is online now  
__________________
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Quote
Old 28 Sep 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3770378)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 8,187
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Penske to enter Petit with an Oreca 07, drivers will be Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud.

http://www.teampenske.com/news/index..._Petit_Le_Mans






L.P.
Good news!
fieldodreams79 is offline  
__________________
"Just because I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothin' to say!"

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3770568)   #6
MaskedRacer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,047
MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams know that with the closely matched cars and full course yellows that everybody will still be on the lead lap as the race heads into darkness unless they run into contact or mechanical problems. Even penalties and spins you can recover from now if you are fast enough. Just like the #24 BMW M6 at Laguna Seca.

I expect the daylight portion to have a couple yellows but not that many as teams will race hard but smart. Even if you go 3 hours of green flag straight the cars are evenly matched enough so that unless you hit a problem you probably won't go more than 1 lap down, which is enough to get that wave around to get back on the lead lap during the yellow.

I'm kind of telling you what I predict will happen at the Petit Le Mans, but also in a ways still griping about the full course yellow wave around procedure which is fine during the non-NAEC races. But for the endurance races I think IMSA needs to take a hard look at it. I hope that the nature of the endurance race can be protected a bit more.

With that said the Petit Le Mans always produces at least 1 winning team that has not won a race all year. I could see several possible contenders for that such as the #92 Porsche of Bruni/Vanthor/Bamber also the #62 Risi Ferari. In prototype I think the guest entries of Rebellion and Penske will for sure contend with the Caddys. I really like the Land Audi's chances in GTD a lot. They are my pick in GTD for sure. Also note that the Mercedes got a slight air restrictor break that could allow the #33 to contend now.
MaskedRacer is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3770592)   #7
Articus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,288
Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Penske to enter Petit with an Oreca 07, drivers will be Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud.

http://www.teampenske.com/news/index..._Petit_Le_Mans

L.P.
Wow. That is a formidabble lineup. Simon Pagenaud? JPM? Pagenaud will put it on pole that's for sure.
Articus is online now  
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3770593)   #8
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran
 
JHamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,325
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The teams know that with the closely matched cars and full course yellows that everybody will still be on the lead lap as the race heads into darkness unless they run into contact or mechanical problems. Even penalties and spins you can recover from now if you are fast enough. Just like the #24 BMW M6 at Laguna Seca.

I expect the daylight portion to have a couple yellows but not that many as teams will race hard but smart. Even if you go 3 hours of green flag straight the cars are evenly matched enough so that unless you hit a problem you probably won't go more than 1 lap down, which is enough to get that wave around to get back on the lead lap during the yellow.

I'm kind of telling you what I predict will happen at the Petit Le Mans, but also in a ways still griping about the full course yellow wave around procedure which is fine during the non-NAEC races. But for the endurance races I think IMSA needs to take a hard look at it. I hope that the nature of the endurance race can be protected a bit more.

With that said the Petit Le Mans always produces at least 1 winning team that has not won a race all year. I could see several possible contenders for that such as the #92 Porsche of Bruni/Vanthor/Bamber also the #62 Risi Ferari. In prototype I think the guest entries of Rebellion and Penske will for sure contend with the Caddys. I really like the Land Audi's chances in GTD a lot. They are my pick in GTD for sure. Also note that the Mercedes got a slight air restrictor break that could allow the #33 to contend now.
If you go a lap down to your class leader, you do not get that back from the wave around. The wave around is in reference to the overall leader only. There is no "lucky dog" in IMSA. These rules were put in place to keep from ruining the races in lower classes and must be kept in place.
JHamilton is online now  
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3770595)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 8,187
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Wow. That is a formidabble lineup. Simon Pagenaud? JPM? Pagenaud will put it on pole that's for sure.
Crazy that Helio is easily a weak link on the team, eh? And that's a bloody strong weak link!
fieldodreams79 is offline  
__________________
"Just because I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothin' to say!"

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3770597)   #10
canaglia
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 299
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Crazy that Helio is easily a weak link on the team, eh? And that's a bloody strong weak link!
Surely the one with less experience in a prototype, montoya drove riley dp2 and 3 under ganassi racing in recent past and pagenaud is a former peugeot work driver and drove corvette dp a few times. If memory helps, castroneves was the driver who crashed the testing oreca last week
canaglia is online now  
Quote
Old 29 Sep 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3770598)   #11
Jonerz
Veteran
 
Jonerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
United States
Youston
Posts: 2,022
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Surely the one with less experience in a prototype, montoya drove riley dp2 and 3 under ganassi racing in recent past and pagenaud is a former peugeot work driver and drove corvette dp a few times. If memory helps, castroneves was the driver who crashed the testing oreca last week
Helio won Petit in the #5 Porsche RS Spyder in 2008.

Pags got recognized by Peugeot as a factory Acura/HPD driver in ALMS.

Chris
Jonerz is offline  
__________________
Member: Ecurie Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. EFR & Greg Pickett fan.
Quote
Old 30 Sep 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3770716)   #12
J Jay
Veteran
 
J Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
United Kingdom
Manchester
Posts: 4,561
J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!
Pagenaud in an LMP? What better opportunity to repost these two brilliant examples of what he can do.

Petit has never let me down for as long as I've been watching, but this year looks like a cracker.
J Jay is offline  
__________________
It's not the height of the line that matters - it's the area underneath it.
Quote
Old 30 Sep 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3770720)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran
 
joeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 9,654
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Pagenaud in an LMP? What better opportunity to repost these two brilliant examples of what he can do.

Petit has never let me down for as long as I've been watching, but this year looks like a cracker.
That was an amazing drive through the field! It was really cool to hear and see all those old gt2 cars, the Ford's, the Jags, and Ferrari's.
joeb is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Sep 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3770767)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran
 
HORNDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Oregon
Posts: 8,892
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penske will run #6 on their Oreca 07 entry.





L.P.
HORNDAWG is online now  
__________________
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Quote
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3771032)   #15
Dyson Mazda
Veteran
 
Dyson Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
United States
Charlotte, NC
Posts: 805
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Penske will run #6 on their Oreca 07 entry.





L.P.
I'm interested to see what their livery looks like. Penske Trucks?
Dyson Mazda is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car at Petit Le Mans Speedworx Sportscar & GT Racing 4 15 Oct 2001 20:38
Petit Le Mans Mike Hezemans and Anthony Kumpen Speedworx Sportscar & GT Racing 1 29 Sep 2001 00:47
Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta Liz Trackside 5 27 Sep 2001 00:55
Indy Lights and Petit Le Mans? Speedworx National & International Single Seaters 1 5 Sep 2001 01:20
Petit Le Mans entry list Geva racing Sportscar & GT Racing 9 31 Aug 2001 01:59


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.