Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 May 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3242871)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alessio Rovera

Right then, I have to be honest I didn't know an awful lot about this guy but he made his car debut last weekend in Formula Abarth at Vallelunga and very much looked the part, in what was by all accounts pretty shocking conditions he stuck it on pole by 2.8 secs in session one and 3.6 secs in session two, he then won two of the three races and finished second in the other, not a shabby debut and maybe one to keep an eye on, I am getting in early and nailing my colours to his mast.
Old 9 May 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3244992)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Right then, I have to be honest I didn't know an awful lot about this guy but he made his car debut last weekend in Formula Abarth at Vallelunga and very much looked the part, in what was by all accounts pretty shocking conditions he stuck it on pole by 2.8 secs in session one and 3.6 secs in session two, he then won two of the three races and finished second in the other, not a shabby debut and maybe one to keep an eye on, I am getting in early and nailing my colours to his mast.
Definitely one to watch out for.
Old 25 May 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3253100)   #3
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Round two this weekend at Adria, the weather is much more pleasant this time, Rovera on pole by 3/10th's in both sessions, this boy is the real deal.
Old 25 May 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3253136)   #4
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno, only Iaquinta is experienced and fast to compare with, but you might be right. The field is better than last season, but not as good as previous years, especially 2010.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3254142)   #5
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Three more races, a spin whilst leading in the first meant he could only finish second, mind you he did work his way back up from fifth, second race is a reverse grid affair so he only finished fourth but he won the third race by over 10 seconds, I maintain, the boy is the real deal.
Old 27 May 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3254193)   #6
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
... or the grid is mediocre. In fact the grid is changing all the time (mostly for the worse). Spinelli would have provided a good yardstick but he is gone.
Old 27 May 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3254197)   #7
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
You can only beat what's in front of you, Iaquinta is experienced, Beretta is in his second season, this is Rovera's first season in cars and he is wiping the floor with them on the whole.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3525191)   #8
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
All a bit last minute but it would seem that Rovera has sorted a drive with DAV for this weekend at least in the Euroformula Open championship.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 18:12 (Ref:3526205)   #9
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Well, admittedly not quite as exciting as the stuff going on at Silverstone but Rovera takes the win in wet/dry conditions from 13th on the grid, top drive from a top driver.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3526222)   #10
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rovera certainly does strike as a talented guy and to have won today under those conditions after only being confirmed a few days ago is the stuff of fairytales! Just got to hope now that he has enough of a budget to do the rest of the season.