Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Apr 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3240321)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FR 3.5 Motorland Aragón

In the two races of the FR 3.5 weekend at Motorland Aragón (Alcañiz), the winners were Kevin Magnussen in the first race, and Carlos Huertas won for the first time in the second one.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3240508)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huertas winning was quite a surprise, especially as he was last on the grid in race 1. I've never been impressed by him before, but he did very well to keep it all together.

Will be interesting to see how da Costa recovers from already being more than a win behind Magnussen and Vandoorne in the championship.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3240728)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i cannot put into words how cold it was. it was wetter than spa and colder than the wht on the sunday. it snowed at a very similar height on the hills on the other side of the valley.

huertas did a superb job, he really made the most of the opportunity presented to him. i think he was almost a bit lucky it was as wet as it was - it really wasn't worth putting in a serious effort to chase him because the surface was just so slippery. as we saw with nato at the first corner...

how about sirotkin though? he's looking pretty quick!
Old 29 Apr 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3240786)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes Sirotkin must have a very wise head for young shoulders!

Stevens has impressed me in the two races at the weekend too
Real dark horse now.

Magnussen showed lot of class in the first race didn't he?
Old 29 Apr 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3240794)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
definitely, i think that win was very important for magnussen not just for the points but timing wise as a follow-up to monza where vandoorne and da costa put their cards on the table.

stevens i don't think will be in the title battle but he's one of the top three or four "best of the rest" with sirotkin for me. stevens has the benefit of a year behind him and he seems to be using it, particularly when it comes to pacing his races but sirotkin's pace, good grief. if he can learn how to stay out of trouble now he's got to be an outside chance to keep the top 3 honest?
Old 30 Apr 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3240809)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4 races, 4 different winners - good stuff

Points...

Kevin Magnussen - 63
Stoffel Vandoorne - 59
Arthur Pic - 35
Felix da Costa - 31
Sergey Sirotkin - 30
Will Stevens - 30
Nigel Melker - 26
Carlos Huertas - 25
Christopher Zanella - 25
Old 30 Apr 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3240878)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
definitely, i think that win was very important for magnussen not just for the points but timing wise as a follow-up to monza where vandoorne and da costa put their cards on the table.

stevens i don't think will be in the title battle but he's one of the top three or four "best of the rest" with sirotkin for me. stevens has the benefit of a year behind him and he seems to be using it, particularly when it comes to pacing his races but sirotkin's pace, good grief. if he can learn how to stay out of trouble now he's got to be an outside chance to keep the top 3 honest?
I guess my reluctance to really enthuse about Sergei is from not havimg seen much of him until this season, but so far he's proving consistently quick so it will be interesting tp see if he cam keep it up amd how Zanella responds, as he looked ok at Monza if a little 'at sea' at Aragon.

Pic's another who looks like he'll feature once it all comes together
Couldn't live with Magnussen on Saturday but he was solid and the pace seems to be there even with the new team?
Old 30 Apr 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3241076)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
mate the entire field was "at sea" at motorland on sunday, the safety car had an outboard motor

i don't think we'll see pic in the title battle, just a hunch. mind you i had a hunch either the draco boys or sirotkin and huertas were going to drive into each other on sunday so my hunch probably needs retuning

monaco is next which'll really sort the men from the boys. on that basis, i'll put my dough on a random winner.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3241127)   #9
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sirotkin has been excellent. Absolutely looked the real deal last year in Auto GP fighting against drivers with a lot more experience than him. His qualifying results have been superb for an unfancied rookie, but ISR definitely seem to have the car dialled up well for quali and for wet conditions.