Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2417145)   #26
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Didn't old Hans once share a ride with Hurley Haywood? Be interesting to see the two of them back together again.

DK
Mmmmmmmm...you're testing me pre-(I hope!!!)senile memory here. I can't place them in the same car offhand, but how about in the Audi Quattros???

jimclark
Old 19 Mar 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2419389)   #27
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Mmmmmmmm...you're testing me pre-(I hope!!!)senile memory here. I can't place them in the same car offhand, but how about in the Audi Quattros???
I was able to dig up some records, I thought I remembered some collaborations between the two. Apparently, Hans-Joachim Stuck and Hurley Haywood shared a Porsche 911 Turbo in 1993 and 1994. In 1993, they along with Walter Rohrl finished 7th (1st in Class) for Brumos in the #59 Porsche at Sebring. The same team of drivers dnf-ed at Le Mans for the Le Mans Porsche Team. In 1994 Stuck and Haywood drove 3 races for Brumos in the #59: Daytona (with Danny Sullivan and Rohrl) where they did not finish, Sebring (with Rohrl) and finished 11th and Watkins Glen where they finished 5th.

DK
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2419653)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news of Hans Stuck

Our Chief Tourist has been lucky enough to be driven around a number of circuits by a variety of top drivers at hospitality/tracks days and the like over the years, and he always says that the only time he's ever been scared was being driven by Hans Stuck in a Batmobile BMW at Silverstone, with one finger on the steering wheel flat out around Stowe......
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2422706)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to hear what Stucky had to say about the Vici episode !!! ..... terrible shame .
Old 23 Mar 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2422767)   #30
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He is old friends with the team principal so I wager he would not be too harsh.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2422782)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
their must be about 5 stucks in total now? Hans jnr, snr, johannes and joachim, theres another one as well?
I guess we'll never be stuck for Stucks
Old 23 Mar 2009, 15:25 (Ref:2422825)   #32
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
no, Han Stuck snr is infact han stuck jnr.

han stuck snr snr raced auto unions in the 1930s.
What? There are 3: Hans, Hans-Joachim, Johannes. Why is this so complicated for people? They have 3 different names!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2422896)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
He is old friends with the team principal so I wager he would not be too harsh.
Would that be Ronny Meixner ?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2422911)   #34
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Yes, that's exactly who it is.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2422922)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

Wasnt he arrested a few years ago , something to do with Coca-Cola and an exploding ship ?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2422937)   #36
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
“Racing at Sebring again after wining for the first time in 1975 means a lot to me, especially when it comes to the fact that I can compete in the 2009 race with my son Johannes and further to that it will be my first race with Porsche since my last race for the factory in Laguna Seca 11 years ago in 1997," Hans-Joachim said. "The other highlight is the fact that I'm racing for my old friend Ronny Meixner who I was team mate with in the times with Joest Racing when we raced Porsche 962.”

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...g-for-sebring/

jimclark
Old 23 Mar 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2423068)   #37
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wasnt he arrested a few years ago , something to do with Coca-Cola and an exploding ship ?
OK, I hope someone can fill out this story because that sounds like a great read!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2423109)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

I could fill it out , but I may be liable , so I wont !!!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2423141)   #39
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
There certainly have been rumours of a sketchy past, and that would fit well with those IMSA days in general, but unlike others (the Whittingtons, Randy Lanier, John Paul Sr.) nothing comes up when googling the issue. Those others did indeed like skiing in South America...
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2423150)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

I think ol'Coca-Cola financed more that Bob Akin Motorsport !!!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2423156)   #41
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Those others did indeed like skiing in South America...

Tags
alms, hans stuck, sebring