Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Nov 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3479264)   #1
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault UK 2015

I couldn't find a topic yet...

Another single seater series in England. Will it work next to MSA F4 & BRDC F4? Some of those Protyre FR 2014 teams went on to MSA... so what will be left, Fortec & Mark Burdett? That's not enough i think......

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115217

Anybody more info about this series?
Old 27 Nov 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3479358)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's always this:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142277

But that's a bit inactive

A bit like the series organisers really...
Old 27 Nov 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3479376)   #3
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll find that MGR & SWB are likely to take part, subject to driver interest.
There's a new team, Mirage Racing, in class B, and it's probable that Scorpio and Hillspeed will appear.

Going the Renault route has a lot of positives for a team and driver.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3479383)   #4
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Thanks for the info guys!

I hope it will work but i don't know... If all those teams will join with a few cars the grid should be around 15? But still, no news (like a calendar, teams joining etc.) from the organisation isn't good i think...?
Old 19 Jan 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3494077)   #5
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plans for FRUK have been shelved, along with the Protyre/BARC championship.

Instead, a new BARC Formula Libre Championship will be open to current-spec F.Renault 2.0 (as used in Eurocup, NEC etc), alongside pre-2012 F3 cars and the old F.BMW chassis.

http://www.racecar.com/Motorsport/Ne...ship/70874.htm
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117391

Autosport say the older Tatuus (as used in BARC/Protyre F.Renault) is expected to be allowed to race in a series called Formula 5, along with the outgoing Formula Ford EcoBoost cars (thread here).

I don't quite understand this, if Autosport is correct. Would it not make more sense just to have one Libre style championship for all these cars?

A sad end to Renault's long history in British motorsport, but with MSA Formula arriving and a near 3-month PR silence from Renault it's little surprise.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3494232)   #6
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
So that's the first Renault series that loses from FIA (F4)...
Old 19 Jan 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3494282)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
I don't quite understand this, if Autosport is correct. Would it not make more sense just to have one Libre style championship for all these cars?
It would make sense for there to be one libre style championship; however, I'd wager that the reason for two is that since Formula 5 was announced last autumn it has been promoted as being a series for newcomers to car racing and a stepping stone to F4 ect (quite why it is needed, I've no idea). Sticking FRenaults and F3 cars means that those drivers who have signed up to race an EcoBoost Formula Ford on this premise would not be at the front of the field.

Personally, I can't see either getting reasonable grids and would've thought it would be better to can both for 2015 and come up with a more comprehensive plan for 2016.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3494375)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who will enter this - club racers or those serious about climbing the ladder of open wheels
Old 20 Jan 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3494419)   #9
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Who will enter this - club racers or those serious about climbing the ladder of open wheels
I can't see this or Formula 5 lasting beyond as Club series. Or actually achieving grids. F5 is an idealist interpretation of single seater racing. It won't in my mind work...
Old 20 Jan 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3494577)   #10
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspected there wasn't room for 4 series supposedly catering for the driver with career progression in mind - FR BARC, FR UK, BRDC F4 and MSA Formula.

Not sure the proposed replacement will last that long either.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3494583)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I can't see career drivers racing in Libre as there are better alternatives. It is possible that one or two may crop up for the odd race to gain signatures on their licences before progressing onto something more significant for it is perhaps a bit more relevant the upper echelons of the sport than, say, Citroen 2CV racing which featured Ben Barnicoat and George Russell early in 2014 for this reason. However, the proposed calendar doesn't really encourage this.

I don't think there are many current Formula Renaults in the ownership of club drivers. Whilst there are a fair few F3 cars out there, I'd have thought MSV's F3 Cup would remain the more attractive option.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 05:18 (Ref:3494676)   #12
FBMan
Rookie

FBMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post

I don't think there are many current Formula Renaults in the ownership of club drivers. Whilst there are a fair few F3 cars out there, I'd have thought MSV's F3 Cup would remain the more attractive option.

....maybe being used in Education teams http://startline.org.uk/slol87/wlv/wlv.htm
Old 3 Feb 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3500468)   #13
FBMan
Rookie

More racing room for FRenaults http://www.msvracing.com/news/2015/f...ault-cars.aspx
Old 3 Feb 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3500545)   #14
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMan View Post
More racing room for FRenaults
Perhaps a more viable route than the Formula Libre route as proposed by BARC, but I understand now won't happen.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3520938)   #15
FBMan
Rookie

Well only a couple of FRenaults entered, but that hasn't stopped Monoposto needing a 3rd grid for the opening rounds at Cadwell and being on reserves for several others... see details here http://www.monoposto.co.uk/2015-cham...-race-entries/