Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Feb 2003, 20:47 (Ref:502692)   #1
mike.anderson
Rookie

mike.anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dominik Jackson

I stayed all the last year in UK and went to see some formula zip ford races. I know what has happened to champion Spencer, but does anybody know what 6th placed Dominik Jackson is doing now? Something caught my eye on him... where he is gonna race this year? Team? Team mates? Does he have a home page for further information ? If not could somebody tell something about him ? Thanks in advance!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 21:40 (Ref:502749)   #2
mac the mech
Rookie

mac the mech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi mike, last i heard, dom had tested for team rosberg in one of their formula BMW's out in germany. I work at zips so will see if i can find out any more info for you. C ya
Old 10 Feb 2003, 22:55 (Ref:502823)   #3
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
something caught your eye?... more that the first five there? woww this guy must be so special, he must drive in such a diferent way so people put an eye on him independently of the result...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 08:14 (Ref:503046)   #4
powerflowmotors
Rookie

powerflowmotors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh the kid must be so special - he came sixth!If the guy who is a second off the pace cathhes your attention then no offence but your attention aint worth anything!
Old 15 Feb 2003, 18:05 (Ref:507743)   #5
r_kraaijenbrink
Rookie

r_kraaijenbrink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Powerflowmotors and morcilman,

obviously you don't know what you are talking about. I think a smell a bit of jealousy here...don't I???

Dominik jackson is a very good racer, the only reason he came sixth in formula ford zip is for the fact that they had lots of technical difficulties with the car. Eveytime the car did perform well, dominik ended up within the top 3... so mike anderson has paid fairly good attention!

Mac the mech is right about the formula bmw. Formula bmw had two places available. So a big group of racers (I think it was near 40, but am not sure) had the chance to show their skills. Dominik jackson together with some other kid, which I don't know the name of, got the placements. They actually BROKE the time of bmw's testdriver....hmmm nice!

Next monday dominik is having a test session at the dutch circuit 'zandvoort' in his formula bmw. I will most definately be there to see him, as I live in holland and he invited me to have a look.

He hasn't got a homepage yet, but I know that its in the make.

So for the people who really don't know what they are talking about please sh*t up, because actually we aren't interested in your opinion!!!

So I hope I have helped mike a bit. I'll give dominik the adress of this webpage so that if he feels like it he can hand over some more information for mike.

René
Old 15 Feb 2003, 18:29 (Ref:507773)   #6
powerflowmotors
Rookie

What is written under my username is called my opinion and I couldnt care less if you want to listen to it or not or whatever. Im writing what I think and from where im standing I know alot more than you do. Just one question - who is "we"? If you and your imaginary friend dont want to listen to my opinion then simply dont rather than talk out the wrong hole.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 21:14 (Ref:507921)   #7
r_kraaijenbrink
Rookie

OK OK.... I shouldn't have said that last bit, you opinion is your opinion, and everyone should be able to tell his.

Its'just that what ****es me off is the fact that you think him finishing sixth is all down to him not being a special driver. I'm not saying he is the best driver in the world but you could give him more credit for his performance, rather than that of the car he is driving, which has obviously prevented him from performing at his best.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 21:40 (Ref:507949)   #8
powerflowmotors
Rookie

if he was specail then surely he would have performed better in a championship such as the ZipFord series as the cars are all equal (apparently)?Anyway he didnt look special from watching the races - do you know something I dont?Are you Dominik Jakson???Mot of these racing drivers nowadays seem to think they are specail...
Old 16 Feb 2003, 15:54 (Ref:508599)   #9
r_kraaijenbrink
Rookie

No I am not dominik jackson, I'm just a friend of him. The fact that the cars are equal doen't mean that everyone gets the same technical problems. technical problems can't always been avoided!

If he wasn't a good driver than surely he wouldn't have gotten the placement at rosbergs formula bmw team. He worked hard to get that place and he got it. so I'm very happy for him.

Again I'm not saying that he is the best driver around, but I'm pretty sure that with a better car he would have performed much better in the zip championships!

Why can't we just leave it by this. You have got your opinion as pointed about before, and I have got mine. It would be a pretty boring world if we were all thinking the same. All I did by starting posting in this thread is to inform mike about dominik jackson, and the things he is into at the moment.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:12 (Ref:508705)   #10
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by powerflowmotors
Most of these racing drivers nowadays seem to think they are specail...
Aren't we all special?
Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:19 (Ref:508715)   #11
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that this guy deserve a look, and probvably is good, lets see. I will look for him in the results, but the only not good thing is that you try to produce an unreal image abut him. You better say that is your friend and that you think that he is good, radet to say hat you were at the races and he got your eye!... we all go to races and we know that is very difficult that a driver seems special (different to good or bad), and the chances are that a special driver wins everything out there. Dont get us wrong at all. This fourm is to point out drivers that we all will follow, but do it properly. you dont need tpo simulate a faked hipe, yust say: have a look to this guy, he is my friend and I think he is good!
BMW is a very good place for him I think. the portugese one is really cheap and very competitive.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 08:56 (Ref:510318)   #12
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw all the 2002 ZIP races. Dominik Jackson is a talented driver, but he needs time to fine tune his skills. The widely held view as to why he only finished 6th in the championship is nothing to do with technical faults, after all the drivers had them, but more to do with him contacting with other cars and hence dropping back down the field or not finishing races.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 18:21 (Ref:536283)   #13
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bu
Old 14 Mar 2003, 18:23 (Ref:536284)   #14
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hit the wrong button!