Old 16 Jun 2001, 22:23 (Ref:105993)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf says... !!!

F1racing.net:
"It would be great, especially at the Nürburgring in Germany if we could repeat Canada," said Ralf. "I think Michael would prefer to win but I mean we would both try our best, whoever is going to be in front is going to be great for the German crowd regardless. I think we're both looking forward to coming home and competing in front of our home crowd."

Moff, I think he´s talking to you...

Self-confidence-excess OR future-reality ?
Old 16 Jun 2001, 22:35 (Ref:105999)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Future reality.

?
Old 17 Jun 2001, 07:44 (Ref:106087)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I know we are 9 months away, but I can't wait for the start of next season. Ralf & Williams are going to take it head to head with Michael & Ferrari. Another great rivalry in the making I think - Chuck Monty in there as well and we are in for a ripper championship.

Bring on 2002...........
Old 17 Jun 2001, 07:47 (Ref:106089)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
From the prancing horses mouth......

Quote:
From Autorace.com
Michael Schumacher said earlier this week that he regards his younger brother Ralf Schumacher as a force of the future. "He can still win this season when everything is just right. But it's not going to affect my fight for the championship. In the future, maybe it will be different".

Michael explained why he regards Ralf as a force of the future when BBC quoted him: "Obviously I believe in my brother because I have seen him growing up and later winning the F3000 in Japan, which is a very difficult series. And I have seen him doing good in F1 as well. Sometimes up to now he has been a bit unlucky, like in Nurburgring two years ago, when he had a puncture while leading the race. Things like this have indicated to me that he has a great talent, but you also need a car. And now BMW and Williams have given him a package, which sometimes he can win with. Wait a little bit more, until the car is even more reliable, then he will be very dangerous for us."
Old 17 Jun 2001, 11:12 (Ref:106125)   #5
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: From the prancing horses mouth......

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Autorace.com
Michael Schumacher said earlier this week that he regards his younger brother Ralf Schumacher as a force of the future. "He can still win this season when everything is just right.

Doesn't time fly when your having fun

Michael explained why he regards Ralf as a force of the future when BBC quoted him: And now BMW and Williams have given him a package, which sometimes he can win with. Wait a little bit more, until the car is even more reliable, then he will be very dangerous for us."
Future reality.
Old 17 Jun 2001, 11:15 (Ref:106126)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: From the prancing horses mouth......

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Direct Quote from M Schumacher -

"Obviously my brothers a fool! I told my mother when I was seven years old that she should break the mould, perfection had been reached - only bad **** could come of any more children. Did she listen, NO. Hence I have spent the last twenty four years watching this idiot drive push cars and bicycles and eventually pay for a drive in F1. Originally the other drivers were against him because he spent the race throwing gravel onto the track, now they dislike him because he is my brother. Can't blame them really!"
Hang on, I got a quote from Ralf's Mum as well, plus the family dog and the girl next door. All pretty damning stuff.
Old 17 Jun 2001, 11:22 (Ref:106128)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Sounds like a Stallone's movie...
Old 17 Jun 2001, 13:13 (Ref:106148)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Ralf says... !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Self-confidence-excess OR future-reality ?
Future reality, no question about it (unless you are AMoffat, in which case there is a question about it but that's just Moff ).
Old 17 Jun 2001, 20:45 (Ref:106240)   #9
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They both have self confidence excesses, the Schumis......but then so does Monty...
Old 18 Jun 2001, 20:32 (Ref:106590)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
But Ralf and TGF have something to back it up...
Old 18 Jun 2001, 22:04 (Ref:106633)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What ????
Old 19 Jun 2001, 07:48 (Ref:106768)   #12
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
But Ralf and TGF have something to back it up...
CLASS and TALENT
Old 19 Jun 2001, 11:42 (Ref:106829)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ralfanator.

You could also have said "reverse gear".
Old 19 Jun 2001, 11:59 (Ref:106836)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 19 Jun 2001, 14:51 (Ref:106875)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A remote scenario, and I emphasize "remote", could be the continued rise of Williams BMW for the second half of the season as a prelude for dominance last season. We need only lok back at history to observe occaissions when a team raised their game mid season to win races and become the class of the fielsd before the season ended. It hasn't happened for awhile nw, but Mario Andretti and the Lotus 78 were the class of 1977 before taking it all in 1978 with the Lotus 79. In 1979, Williams raised their game with Alan Jones driving and romped in 1980.

Recent rumours suggest that Ferrari are deeply concerned about the relative thirstieness of their engine with respect to the more powerful AND mor effiecient Merc and BMW's. TGF has had more than his fair shar of luck this season; it could turn.

I will go out on a limb here and propose that as Murph has said, Hockenheim, Indy and Monza and maybe even Hungaroring look to be strong BMW MIchelin tracks, Ralf will move closer to DC and that TGF will not match his score for the first part of the season. It is possible that Ralfie, DC and TGF could all be in the hunt at the end.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:55 (Ref:107012)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
You could also have said "reverse gear".
Don't get smart...
Old 19 Jun 2001, 20:28 (Ref:107038)   #17
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel an F1 monopoly coming on here

Old 19 Jun 2001, 21:07 (Ref:107073)   #18
Toca
Rookie

Toca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shock News from Ralf??

Schumacher to McLaren? :: 19-6-01

Ralf could be moving away from Williams

McLaren Mercedes could well be on the verge
of signing Ralf Schumacher for next season.
Schumacher has said before that he would
want to move to a top team who could
satisfy his financial demands but did not
say which teams he would move to. Rumours
from within the German media sugges...

Go to http://f1.on.net/view.asp?id=612
for the full story
Old 19 Jun 2001, 22:04 (Ref:107097)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Oh... no !! Toca !!!

A very bad move !!! (again)

I'm with you EERO !

Last edited by Bononi; 19 Jun 2001 at 22:06.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 19:50 (Ref:107542)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
It's impossible for Ralf to go to McLaren - an extension to his Williams contract is probably being announced this weekend.