Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3298884)   #2326
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
worst moving object ever seen in my whole life... I fear we will never be set free from this deltash!t madness
What madness?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3298889)   #2327
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
For madness I mean to see this (IMHO) stupid car still around, now also in coupè version... you know, is clear that I hate this car, and is just an opinion, but it seems I'm not the only one.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3298893)   #2328
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's stupid about it?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3298895)   #2329
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a minor quibble, but this is the Deltawing 2012 thread. Over, done, nothing to see here.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3298897)   #2330
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I think that looks nice. If they can keep the chrome paint away from it, it'll stay nice.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3298903)   #2331
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
....you know, is clear that I hate this car....
It is extremely clear you (and good part of the posters here) hate this car , but my question is why do you (and few others) have to come and post about how much you hate this car on every occasion this thread gets alive?

You said it once, I think it is enough, everyone got it! Can you let others to have a conversation about something different than how much you and the rest hate this car?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3298944)   #2332
optica
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
optica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems the three lug set up on the DW front wheels came about as a weight saving issue..... According to the following quote Nissan have engineered a single nut solution:
"Nissan ZEOD RC The 3 lug set-up was a weight scenario - we've used some clever engineering to get down to the same weight with a single nut this time".
Will be interesting to see if the DW will adopt same at some stage.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3298968)   #2333
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Tim240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by optica View Post
Seems the three lug set up on the DW front wheels came about as a weight saving issue..... According to the following quote Nissan have engineered a single nut solution:
"Nissan ZEOD RC The 3 lug set-up was a weight scenario - we've used some clever engineering to get down to the same weight with a single nut this time".
Will be interesting to see if the DW will adopt same at some stage.
HAHA... that was me who posted that question.

They've been very open and responsive with questioning... Its really got me into the project when initially I was very disappointed with it.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3299105)   #2334
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Just a minor quibble, but this is the Deltawing 2012 thread. Over, done, nothing to see here.
Should there be a separate Panoz DW coupe thread?

The proliferation of DW threads would REALLY driver the haterz crazy!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3299110)   #2335
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
For madness I mean to see this (IMHO) stupid car still around, now also in coupè version... you know, is clear that I hate this car, and is just an opinion, but it seems I'm not the only one.
OK, WHY do you hate it?

Somebody decided to take a step back from the rules, use modern tools and analyses to design a better mousetrap and the result looks a different from what we are used to.

The first horseless carriages were widely hated. To me, hating this car is the same thing as hating the first horseless carriages.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3299175)   #2336
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.deltawingracing.com/news/...sful-test.html
Old 5 Sep 2013, 02:30 (Ref:3299187)   #2337
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got to say I am a little bit impressed. I had my doubts that they would actually be able to get the couple designed and built, and even if this share a lot with the original concept I am still impressed. Hope the coupé does well at cota.

I wonder how the aero efficiency has changed with the new shape?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3299210)   #2338
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thats not the most elegant canopy, but its an improvement over the original DW.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3299474)   #2339
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

http://www.deltawingracing.com/2013-...14-coupe-test/
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3299481)   #2340
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
doesnt look too bad from behind does it?

Is it strange that the exhaust exits on the side of the engine bay instead of out the tunnel in the back of the engine bay?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3299517)   #2341
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thats not the most elegant canopy, but its an improvement over the original DW.
I quite liked the open cockpit version, the coupe version from head on just seems a bit bulky. The ribbing behind the canopy reminds me of the DP01.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3299525)   #2342
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

http://www.trackninemedia.com/

L.P.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3299542)   #2343
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
OK, WHY do you hate it?

Somebody decided to take a step back from the rules, use modern tools and analyses to design a better mousetrap and the result looks a different from what we are used to.

The first horseless carriages were widely hated. To me, hating this car is the same thing as hating the first horseless carriages.
I wonder how many people actually "hate" this car rather than just hate the idea of it running as a sportcar in this particular series. I would venture to guess that most people don't actually hate the car because as you point out it is an innovative, thought-provoking design concept. I guess the thing they hate is how did it wind up getting shoehorned into some category to race in ALMS/Grand Am/USCR events when other cars, much more in line with the rules have not been allowed to race? Anyway, it is here and it doesn't seem to going away so I guess we just learn to deal with it.

DK
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3299554)   #2344
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
doesnt look too bad from behind does it?

Is it strange that the exhaust exits on the side of the engine bay instead of out the tunnel in the back of the engine bay?
Definitely agree Not that fussed on the front view, TBH, but from the rear and side, not at all bad.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3299561)   #2345
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I wonder how many people actually "hate" this car rather than just hate the idea of it running as a sportcar in this particular series. I would venture to guess that most people don't actually hate the car because as you point out it is an innovative, thought-provoking design concept. I guess the thing they hate is how did it wind up getting shoehorned into some category to race in ALMS/Grand Am/USCR events when other cars, much more in line with the rules have not been allowed to race? Anyway, it is here and it doesn't seem to going away so I guess we just learn to deal with it.

DK
Don't forget, it was originally designed to race in the IndyCar series. The fact it's gone from it's original concept to racing at Le Mans and ALMS/Grand Am/USCR, says something about how innovative the car is.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3299565)   #2346
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Don't forget, it was originally designed to race in the IndyCar series. The fact it's gone from it's original concept to racing at Le Mans and ALMS/Grand Am/USCR, says something about how innovative the car is.
I guess that's my point. Many people hate the DW because it wound up here instead of somewhere else and they wish it had wound up anywhere but here. It's an interesting concept. I don't really think it belongs here either, but at this point, I don't think it's worth worrying about any more and I'm willing to just live with it here and see how it does going forward.

DK
Old 5 Sep 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3299595)   #2347
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
As a kid in the '70's, I got to enjoy all kinds of funky stuff in sportcar racing. Sportscars where the place people could try out stuff they couldn't race elsewhere because to some degree there was a 'run what ya brung' attitude. For me, this is a little bit of sportscar racing going back to its roots.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3299615)   #2348
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to admit, with the coupé version the DW is starting to grow on me.

Then again I've always preferred sportscars that have a roof, so I'm easy to please..
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3299644)   #2349
optica
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
optica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Expect this will launch a few more comments....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_1hh2tStE
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3299656)   #2350
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by optica View Post
Expect this will launch a few more comments....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_1hh2tStE
First comment, and I noticed this at Indy, Kat is picking up an American accent.

Number 2 is the side pods seem very similar to the DW-12.

And finally I am shocked that I actually kind of like this car, they need to keep the black.