Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Feb 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2397607)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really dont understand how discussing the plight of a sponsor belongs on a motorsport forum.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2397657)   #52
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because this is a particularly big and noisy sponsor, who made a very big splash in Australian motorsport in a very short period of time. They had their own team until a year ago. If you want to be a Topic-Nazi, maybe Central would be more your style?
Old 15 Feb 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2397738)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but its nothing to do with Aust or NZ touring cars (or pacific rim)

If i wanted to read new idea, id buy it, i come here for motorsport and this is nothing to do with motorsport.

Or is ten tenths now some gossipy women magazine
Old 15 Feb 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2397812)   #54
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He still had a big association with V8's so some people do find it interesting, if you don't, easy move onto the next topic.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2397823)   #55
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those on the outside, the news of Gore et al maybe provides some clarity to WPSR's rapid exit from the sport (yes, the writing was on the wall, much like their reception area), and Gore's recent "100 cents" comments (quickly rebutted by the receiver) adds to peoples understanding of his personality.

Gee, a $400K robery, right around the time the finances went south...how UNLUCKY can you be?

One however should be wary of assuming the failure of a few entities has sunk the entire ship.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2398145)   #56
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
but its nothing to do with Aust or NZ touring cars (or pacific rim)
I think the point is - this may help explain why the V8SC safety car changed livery during the year. It might also explain why Porsche was not as financially healthy as it could have been. Then there is next weekend’s 12 hour - will this impact that at all?

So - while I agree with you - we shouldn't be so quick to put down people who have contributed so significantly to the sport - there is no harm in recognising the impact.

My observation of Mr Gore was that he was a colourful egotist. I would say that, without people of that nature, very few sports would have sponsors (think Russell Crowe and the Rabbito's).
Old 16 Feb 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2398780)   #57
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gore now falls into the pattern of sponsoring a load of things for a year or two, and then going bang. Although no as bad as some of the others....
Old 23 Feb 2009, 04:01 (Ref:2402150)   #58
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..................click here

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 23 Feb 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2402216)   #59
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2402219)   #60
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder how all this effects Mr Gore's long time friend and business partner Mr T Cochrane?
Old 23 Feb 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2402229)   #61
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Wonder how all this effects Mr Gore's long time friend and business partner Mr T Cochrane?
From memory Gore and TC were in partnership of some sort in the Canungra deal ,
CG is pretty much unliked out at Sanctuary Cove , apparently very hard to get $$$ out of , he gets away with a lot of bluff , but it doesn't work on everyone .
Old 23 Feb 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2402244)   #62
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl
From memory Gore and TC were in partnership of some sort in the Canungra deal ,
CG is pretty much unliked out at Sanctuary Cove , apparently very hard to get $$$ out of , he gets away with a lot of bluff , but it doesn't work on everyone .
City Pacific makes for good reading.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2404388)   #63
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the ATO is after him, then he's screwed.

Can't say I have any sympathy for him. Just cause people put money in, doesn't mean they support the sport. It depends whose money it is that he's spending.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2404888)   #64
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now he "allegedly" owes Max Wilson over 300 grand

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html
Old 27 Feb 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2405126)   #65
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap
Now he "allegedly" owes Max Wilson over 300 grand

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html
wow,this is bad and City Pacific are after their money
Old 27 Feb 2009, 07:07 (Ref:2405146)   #66
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've stood up for Craigypoo in the past, but where is Bazil when you need him?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2405176)   #67
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd stand up for him but where would you start?
Old 18 Mar 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2418012)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite what is written Here, it appears the WPS group of businesses now form a part of Lord Ashcroft's stable...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Apr 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2439516)   #69
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riches to rags for Gold Coast developer Craig Gore
Old 13 Apr 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2439642)   #70
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not many (if any) feel sorry for him out at Sanctuary Cove/ Hope Island ,
generally not very well liked at all .
Old 13 Apr 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2440073)   #71
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I really dont understand how discussing the plight of a sponsor belongs on a motorsport forum.
IIRC, you were happily telling us about your own personal financial experience with one of CG's companies in the good times, so just let this thread run its course now. Craig's a big INDEPENDANT boy, and as long as we aren't libelling him, we can talk about him as freely now as we did when he was throwing money at anything with wheels - or as freely as the mods see fit.

Even without the benefit of hindsight - or the assistance of the GFC, Gore's current woes don't surprise me one little bit. I wouldn't have predicted the house break-in though. That was just bad luck.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2440132)   #72
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just goes to prove the old adage..."all flash, no cash".

The guy obviously didn't have any real money of his own. Like so many 'high fliers' that come and go; the money was all borrowed and leveraged.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 05:22 (Ref:2440176)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The funds management of Mr Gore's business, in WPS, appears to still be trading under its own steam. Plans are allegedly in place for the change of ownership of this business to UK interests.

It will be interesting to see how Mr Atkinson will be able to assist his son in WRC without AGG to assist
Old 14 Apr 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2440178)   #74
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It will be interesting to see how Mr Atkinson will be able to assist his son in WRC without AGG to assist
Don't think that Chris's father is THAT John Atkinson - the John Atkinson from AGG is a Sydney accountant.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2440197)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Don't think that Chris's father is THAT John Atkinson - the John Atkinson from AGG is a Sydney accountant.
I am led to believe it is one and the same... but as ever could be wrong... may explain the prodrive-built Group N WRX for the ARC a few years ago though, and the alleged dowry to Subaru WRC for Mr Atkinson to drive...