Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3299425)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2014 Draft Calendar

Austria, Mexico and Russia in, Valencia out. No Noo Joisy.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109646

DRAFT 2014 CALENDAR
DateGP
March 16Australia (Melbourne)
March 23Malaysia (Sepang)
April 6China (Shanghai)
April 13Korea* (Korea International Circuit)
April 27Bahrain (Sakhir)
May 11Spain (Barcelona)
May 25Monaco (Monaco)
June 8Canada (Montreal)
June 22Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 6Britain (Silverstone)
July 20Germany (Hockenheim)
July 27Hungary (Budapest)
August 24Belgium (Spa)
September 7Italy (Monza)
September 21Singapore (Marina Bay)
October 5Japan (Suzuka)
October 19Russia* (Sochi)
October 26Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)
November 9Mexico* (Mexico City)
November 16USA (Circuit of the Americas)
November 30Brazil (Interlagos)

Last edited by MagnetON; 5 Sep 2013 at 13:01. Reason: Tables look nicer ;)
Old 5 Sep 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3299454)   #2
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Mexico is for real!
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3299528)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The asterisks means TBC ??
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3299529)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah not surprised that Korea is still to be confirmed, but Mexico and Russia are still TBC (to be completed)
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3299579)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The order doesn't look bad, but I wasn't really expecting radical changes, it's some of the gaps which confuse.

I know teams don't like back-to-back due to being away from base for best part of 2 weeks, but when you factor in travel times the following doesn't really make sense

Belgium
2weeks
Italy
2weeks
Singapore
2weeks
Japan
2 weeks
Russia
1 week
Abu Dhabi

How about
Belgium and Italy back-to-back
3 weeks back to base and prep for flyaway- time at home for team
Singapore and Japan back-to-back
3 weeks back at base to prep for the Russia and Abu Dhabi
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3299584)   #6
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the state of the Mexico City circuit? Are any changes beeing made? Can Peraltada be used?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3299621)   #7
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the Hermanos Rodriguez circuit as far as I know.

Am I the only person who hopes for the a return of the South African Grand Prix? If Brazil get one, why not South Africa? Both suffer similar problems, deal with them in similar ways, and have sections of the economy that are BOOMING. Plus, the motorsport heritage there is far larger than South Korea, which is too busy worrying about nukes than a good turnout for this year's GP...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3299623)   #8
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Yup, couldn't remember it for some reason.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3299626)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IIRC Peraltada can't be used because there's no way to expand the run-off area.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3299650)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I don't expect the Mexico autodrome to reach F1 standard in 14 months. It's impossible.

21 races is way too many, it kills national motorsport. They should drop Bahrain and Korea to begin with.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3299658)   #11
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Unfortunately I don't see the Mexican GP ready in time. Too muck work in so little time. Basically they would have to tear down existing paddock area and track. There won't be a paraltada unless they relocated somewhere where there would be substantial run off area (an what's the point of that) so it certainly won't look anything like it was before. 2015 no problem and should really be the target.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3299681)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
What an interesting schedule - wasn't expecting the Korea date change and certainly wasn't expecting to see Valencia drop out. Regarding Hermanos Rodriguez, there really isn't much room to expand. I don't know how they think they are going to improve/apply with F1 regulations by November 2014. All of the area directly around it is basically warehouses, apartments, and a few dingy-looking neighborhoods. You can't exactly move all of that.

Quote:

Am I the only person who hopes for the a return of the South African Grand Prix? If Brazil get one, why not South Africa? Both suffer similar problems, deal with them in similar ways, and have sections of the economy that are BOOMING. Plus, the motorsport heritage there is far larger than South Korea, which is too busy worrying about nukes than a good turnout for this year's GP...
Agreed. South Africa would be wonderful - and there's so much space between the Johannesburg/Pretoria area that is essentially empty and that's wonderful for the construction of a brand-new racetrack. I know Cape Town has taken several cracks at it but that probably won't ever work because of Cape Town's location - it's far away from everything else as far as cities in South Africa. My guess would be if they did host a South African GP, it would be on a new, permanent circuit between Johannesburg and Pretoria. A very exciting concept...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3299716)   #13
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Agreed. South Africa would be wonderful - and there's so much space between the Johannesburg/Pretoria area that is essentially empty and that's wonderful for the construction of a brand-new racetrack..
I take it you meant around the Johannesburg/Pretoria area, sitting halfway between them is the former F1 circuit of Kyalami
Old 6 Sep 2013, 00:51 (Ref:3299731)   #14
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I take it you meant around the Johannesburg/Pretoria area, sitting halfway between them is the former F1 circuit of Kyalami
I know it seems silly to construct a whole new circuit just a few miles away from Kyalami, but there'd have to be a major renovation to that track to get it up to F1 standards. Plus, it's even shorter than the Red Bull Ring, and that may just be a problem. However, it is perfectly located.

I will admit, I did NOT know that Kyalami was in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3299843)   #15
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
F1 at Mexico City is hilarious.

Perhaps they'll use the 'Stadium Chicane' like Champ Car used:
Old 6 Sep 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3299846)   #16
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
F1 at Mexico City is hilarious.

Perhaps they'll use the 'Stadium Chicane' like Champ Car used:
There are 21 events on the provisional calendar. Three of them are still provisional..... yet to be confirmed. One, at least, is expected to drop away.

I would not be surprised if two of them do, meaning in reality, 19 events in 2014...
Old 6 Sep 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3299863)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Korea might well go. Disappointing that New Jersey is off, I was looking forward to that one.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3299898)   #18
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Am I the only one whow' kind of hoping that Hermanos Rodriguez will not be "up to F1 standards" but there would be enough money slipping in to Bernies pockets for it to be run anyway? Would be a nice contrast to the sterile Tilkedromes.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3299910)   #19
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tilke hasn't done too bad a job with the Austin circuit and Sepang, but his circuits aren't a spectacle like Monza or Spa to be honest. Tip to FIA - employ more than just Tilke for every circuit.

As for South Africa, I know it's just a dream, but imagine the amount of jobs that building a new race track for F1 could provide, as well as giving building/engineering experience to many young people who could help make South Africa's already expanding industry into something world class. South Africa is in a very similar position in terms of economy to China and Brazil as a developing nation, so why not stake a claim early like the two mentioned?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3299941)   #20
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because they blew billions on the World Cup, with most of the construction companies now involved in a corruption investigation. As a South African I am very conflicted about the idea of an SA GP. Part of me thinks a world championship should be in Africa and SA is as good a candidate as any, and part of me thinks Bernie has enough money already.
As a sportscar fan I would rather see the Kyalami 9 Hours resurrected.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3299943)   #21
Mike E
Veteran

But not at Kyalami 'cos it's rubbish.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3299986)   #22
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tilke hasn't done too bad a job with the Austin circuit and Sepang, but his circuits aren't a spectacle like Monza or Spa to be honest. Tip to FIA - employ more than just Tilke for every circuit.

As for South Africa, I know it's just a dream, but imagine the amount of jobs that building a new race track for F1 could provide, as well as giving building/engineering experience to many young people who could help make South Africa's already expanding industry into something world class. South Africa is in a very similar position in terms of economy to China and Brazil as a developing nation, so why not stake a claim early like the two mentioned?
South Africa might have an expanding economy, but is way, way smaller than countries like Brazil and especially India and China.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3300064)   #23
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Am I the only one whow' kind of hoping that Hermanos Rodriguez will not be "up to F1 standards" but there would be enough money slipping in to Bernies pockets for it to be run anyway? Would be a nice contrast to the sterile Tilkedromes.
THIS. And I'm hoping the same for the Austrian GP...
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3300865)   #24
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain 2014 confirmed as a night race. The decision whether the "night" race will start at 5pm or 6pm local time is still to be made.

How would this time slot effect the other parts of the world where F1 is taken more seriously?

In Australia for example, that's a 1:00am start time!
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3300873)   #25
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Bahrain 2014 confirmed as a night race. The decision whether the "night" race will start at 5pm or 6pm local time is still to be made.

How would this time slot effect the other parts of the world where F1 is taken more seriously?

In Australia for example, that's a 1:00am start time!
It will put the race time about 2-3 PM in Europe, 8 AM in central USA, and about 12PM for central Australia and Japan. The Kiwis will be rolling over for their second sleep on Monday morning.