Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3223019)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's slightly surprising to think we've had that many Malaysian Grands Prix; it doesn't seem that long that it's been running.

That's a magnificent introduction, frostie. Bravo Sir.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3223075)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the top times are pretty close, compared to Australia. Seems from FP3 that the Macaroons are improving. Force India looking very feisty and and the Red Bulls in their usual place. Interesting to see Alonso beaten by Massa and Kimi struggling this morning.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3223078)   #28
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heikki Kovalainen was Caterham (Sepang) pixbox talking with Tony Fernandez.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3223085)   #29
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An hour until qualifying.

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for qualifying?
Old 23 Mar 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3223099)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raining in session 2. Top ten, Ros/Web/Ham/Rai/Sut/Mas/Alo/But/Vet/Per. Fastest 1:36.449 to 10th 1:37.342.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3223102)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if we're looking at random couple of quid bets, what about vergne for a podium?
That would be a miracle!
Old 23 Mar 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3223106)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Paul Di Resta.
Quote:
It's the team's fault guvnor!
Old 23 Mar 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3223107)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Q3 starts in inters. Vettel on slicks?
Quote:
F1 timing info.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3223108)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looks like Vet for pole.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3223109)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Vet/Mas/Alo/Ham/Web/Ros/Rai/But/Sut/Per. 1:49.674 to 1:54.136.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3223110)   #36
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel with a wet setup? He was nowhere in the dry part of quali.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3223123)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa/Alonso should be interesting. Lucky 7th for Kimi?
Old 23 Mar 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3223127)   #38
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Paul Di Resta.
I wasn't too impressed with those interviews (Sky and R5 Xtra) to be honest.

I think you win as a team and lose as a team. So someone on the pit wall makes a mistake, you don't shout about it. S**t happens. I didn't hear his team moaning when he stuffed it at the end of the Brazil GP.

Maybe he's feeling under pressure with Sutil coming back? Whatever he's still got a fast car so maybe he'll do the job tomorrow.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3223132)   #39
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I wasn't too impressed with those interviews (Sky and R5 Xtra) to be honest.

I think you win as a team and lose as a team. So someone on the pit wall makes a mistake, you don't shout about it. S**t happens. I didn't hear his team moaning when he stuffed it at the end of the Brazil GP.

Maybe he's feeling under pressure with Sutil coming back? Whatever he's still got a fast car so maybe he'll do the job tomorrow.
Compare DiResta with his compatriot Andy Murray. Neither of them interview well, although Murrey has improved a lot.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3223139)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic intro, thanks frostie.

Vettel's on pole, so everything is back to normal. However, Massa's also on the front row but I suppose this achievement will be short lived. .

Hope I can get to watch this live rather than BBC extended highlights.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3223145)   #41
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Vettel's on pole, so everything is back to normal.

Well, not really, remember last weekend...

Should be a good race, wet or dry, but I'm ready for a long race in case of yet another Malaysia red flag.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3223146)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Well, not really, remember last weekend...

Should be a good race, wet or dry, but I'm ready for a long race in case of yet another Malaysia red flag.
I was being facetious, maybe I should have added a .
Old 23 Mar 2013, 12:00 (Ref:3223159)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Raikkonen hit with three place grid penalty. He'll now start 10th.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3223160)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
di Resta seems very unhappy. Almost as if he seems resigned to a mid-grid career and he can't be arsed to bother anymore.

Sutil is impressive to make matters worse. If he beats him in the race tomorrow I think he might actually cry.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3223220)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Raikkonen hit with three place grid penalty. He'll now start 10th.
Just to make things more exciting.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3223307)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
di Resta seems very unhappy. Almost as if he seems resigned to a mid-grid career and he can't be arsed to bother anymore.

Sutil is impressive to make matters worse. If he beats him in the race tomorrow I think he might actually cry.
Yeah, can't work any of this out! Where has the fire come from with Sutil?!

Speaking of which di Resta needs to find an extra gear and quick otherwise it'll be goodnight Vienna for him!

Elsewhere, massively impressed with Massa's consistency and form so far this weekend.

The fact that he and Alonso are so close surely means that the car/setups have been led/developed with both drivers in mind and not just one like they were for most of last season.

The hole Ferrari set up poses a multitude of questions for all of us going forward I feel.

I don't think it matters whether Kimi is 7th or 10th on the grid, if all's ok race wise.

McLaren seem more comfortable but still a long way off?

Maldonado back to smashing his teammate in qualy, even if it's only to get into Q2 at present because the car's rubbish!

Sauber's interesting, Gutierrez is really pushing Hulkenberg very hard indeed?
Old 23 Mar 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3223327)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Maldonado back to smashing his teammate in qualy, even if it's only to get into Q2 at present because the car's rubbish!
Painful to see a team like Williams' effectively fighting for 9th place in the constructors championship. If they're not careful, Marussia and Bianchi will be out to steal some cash, and maybe even score a point or two!

Apparently, Williams' are considering going back to their 2012 exhaust setup. That's not good news.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3223338)   #48
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So happy for Massa at the moment. It's so easy to forget just how good he was in his first three and a half seasons at Ferrari. He pushed Schumacher, he matched and beat Raikkonen, he showed brilliant qualifying pace and came within one lap of winning the World Championship. Then he had a brain injury and I think it's unsurprising that its taken him this long to get close to being the driver he was.

What's really nice is that Ferrari have kept faith and patience in him, his career could and nine times out of ten probably would have been over with three years in the doldrums. But ever since Monaco last season, he's steadily been getting his mojo back.

I'd love to see him win tomorrow and hope he does so much.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3223342)   #49
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Painful to see a team like Williams' effectively fighting for 9th place in the constructors championship. If they're not careful, Marussia and Bianchi will be out to steal some cash, and maybe even score a point or two!

Apparently, Williams' are considering going back to their 2012 exhaust setup. That's not good news.
Amazing how close Bianchi has been to Williams, Bottas especially, the entire weekend. They're (Marussia and Bianchi) getting closer not further away from Williams. Very worrying times for the team.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3223394)   #50
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. I see the qualifying at Toro Rosso is back to status quo, with Vergne dropping out in Q1. Will be interesting to see if the positions between the two Toro Rosso drivers change during the race like they usually did last year, provided neither car has another mechanical failure.