Maldonado 1 0.73%
Other 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3223911)   #26
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I went for Grosjean, but only just, over Bianchi. He had to get by some front-running machinery, and even passed his team mate, who started four places in front of him. Finally, Romain gained those five total spots, and didn't even get mentioned in the race thread for any kind of antics.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3223918)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I felt that the Vettel/Webber and Hamilton/Rosberg business somewhat detracted from the race, so I looked further down the field and thought Bianchi stood out; he get's my vote.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3224059)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Webber for mine - not because of the team orders thing but because he excelled in the first lap or two & then was able to pull away from his team mate as needed throughout the race - right up until he backed off under team orders of course.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3224062)   #29
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team orders...................make me "yawn"

We want racers
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3224072)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Mark Webber, the highest finishing man in today's race.
Yep ^^
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Mar 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3224093)   #31
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
GTRMagic gets it right a couple of times a year ... this is one
Old 25 Mar 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3224122)   #32
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have issue giving it to Webber, because he wasn't really the fastest on the day. He only got the lead because of Vettel's utterly retarded decision to pit before everyone else and end up in heavy traffic. Perhaps he thought everyone was going to come in on that lap, but it cost him several seconds.

From then on he was really just following team orders in maintaining the tyres and not closing within 2 secs of Webber, who in that third stint was very slow. Everytime it came to pitting, Webber came in first so always got the advantage, until that final time when Vettel got the one lap overlap and closed right up. What do you do when RB are telling you to maintain a 3 sec gap to your team mate - how the hell do you pass when you're not allowed to catch up and Webber pits first?
And it disadvantages you so much that you then lose out in the overlap to Hamilton in the pits as well.

In that respect I can understand Vettel being frustrated by the end of the race, and his pass on his team mate was well and truly hard fought. Webber was fighting just as hard to keep Vettel behind.

So I think Vettel was the better driver on the day. It's just a shame he had to go and do that pass after he'd been told not to, it ruined what would have been a pretty good victory.

Looking at their lap times (including once Vettel was in the lead) he was well and truly faster than Webber. But I'm not going to give it to either them. Vettel's pit strategy was completely off, and the pass was not on when you're told to cruise.

Rosberg drove well, but still didn't beat Hamilton even with Hamilton's pit miscue.

Perhaps Hulkenberg was the standout performance, only 5secs behind Kimi at the end.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 03:35 (Ref:3224144)   #33
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it Massa for having a good result even with the stupidest team orders ever issued. What is wrong with Ferrari this year?
Old 25 Mar 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3224164)   #34
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber mainly because of his first couple of laps
But Mr White (Bianchi) was pretty impressive, probably just booked a seat up the grid for next year
Old 25 Mar 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3224203)   #35
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive Webber deserved better imo.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3224264)   #36
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Cant vote for Vettel because he screwed over his teammate.
Cant vote for Webber, because despite all the fuss, at the end of the day his teammate beat him in the race.
Cant vote for either Mercedes driver, because due to fuel and team orders we don't know who drove the better race out of the two.
Could possibly have voted for Button, who might have ended on the podium.

I went for Grosejean - for beating his teammate fair & square.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3224291)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Cant vote for Vettel because he screwed over his teammate.
Cant vote for Webber, because despite all the fuss, at the end of the day his teammate beat him in the race.
Cant vote for either Mercedes driver, because due to fuel and team orders we don't know who drove the better race out of the two.
Could possibly have voted for Button, who might have ended on the podium.
That's pretty much how I felt about voting for DotR.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3224296)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well since the obvious candidates - Webber, Rosberg, Massa, who all drove really well seem to have been adequately catered for in the poll, I AM going to vote for JB. Hope that Macca continues to improve, but it was still a bit off the pace and he did well to hold down 5th until the error, not of his making, in the pits!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3224346)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maldonado, because nobody else has.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3224375)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah ! Maldonado is da man !
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3224419)   #41
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who grabbed pole-position by almost a second?
Who has overtaken on the track for second ánd for first in the last stint?
Who makes al the headlines, and makes this forum almost explode?

Love him or hate him, is has never been easier to pick the driver of the race.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3224446)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are a number of ways of looking at this team orders thing. Was Vettel wrong to disobey the team ? From Vettel's perspective, the answer was obviously no. From the team's perspective, the answer was obviously yes. From everybody else's perspective, the answer can only be no too because we want to see a race not a contrived procession.

Given that, and the fact that Webber made it extremely difficult for Vettel to get by, you have to say that Vettel was driver of the race [from our point of view]. If you're on the Red Bull payroll, you'd say it was Webber. Seems we have quite a lot of Red Bull employees signed up to 10-10ths here
Old 25 Mar 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3224447)   #43
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's one heck of an assumption you're making there.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3224464)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Button and McLaren thing is worth keeping an eye on. Recognising that times were much closer in Malaysia, Button still managed to move up the grid and his times in the race were pretty consistent. If they can do that in a week far from home, the next race after some more development engineering is going to be quite interesting.

I feel that a vote for Webber would be on the basis of sympathy and voting for Vettel goes against my sporting instincts. So I need to look elsewhere for stand out drives. Hulkenburg springs to mind, as does Vergne. I think Kimi and Roman were way off the pace this weekend.

So that reallly only leaves two, Bottas and Bianchi. I voted for Bianchi last week and he did pretty much the same again this week. Bottas on the other hand is in a Williams that appears to be an absolute disaster, but significantly he failed to hit anyone or a gravel trap and was running ahead of his team mate for most of the race.

So Bottas it is.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3224465)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Who grabbed pole-position by almost a second?
Who has overtaken on the track for second ánd for first in the last stint?
Who makes al the headlines, and makes this forum almost explode?

Love him or hate him, is has never been easier to pick the driver of the race.
I heard the same about some other driver in the past...
Old 25 Mar 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3224501)   #46
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it to Webber. He did make the right pitcall for changing to intermediates and probably should have one the race. I think that Nico probably deserves runner-up and Lewis a well deserved third place.

As for Vettel, yes, it was ruthless, but hey, I suppose that is sometimes how you win championships. Can't say that it sits comfortably with me though.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3224565)   #47
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think ruthlessness became the deciding factor (or at least one of them) once reliability retirements became a rarity.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3224655)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Mark Webber for showing he has class and for not punching Sebastian Vettel on the nose ..

Jules you made a great drive today !
Old 25 Mar 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3224714)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The poll shows who is the true winner...
Old 26 Mar 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3224875)   #50
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's an interesting take on things. I was trying to explain the background behind what happened on Sunday to a 'lay person' last night. My friend asked me this... Is it a bit like the head coach of Jamaica telling Usain Bolt to let Yohan Blake win the 200m so that he would be in better shape to win the 100m himself... as all that mattered was that Team Jamaica came away with two golds ? I said yes, that's essentially what it was... but that he needed to understand that because the teams had millions vested in their F1 campaigns, the on track driver battles had to take a back seat to the team result... whether that be contrived or not. In that case he said, there shouldn't be such a thing as a drivers championship, only a teams championship.