Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Dec 2002, 18:20 (Ref:456286)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got Spirit of Speed 1937...

...and I've got to say it's not too bad. Having seen a variety of opinions in this and other forums, I wasn't expecting it to be GP, but it's a nice game. A bit unpredictable sometimes, but once you get used, it's a nice game.

Sounds are great! I love the soundtrack... with 30's music!

I'd give it a 7/10
Old 23 Dec 2002, 18:45 (Ref:456306)   #2
MrLipid
Rookie

MrLipid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordi,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend downloading the joystick configuration utility. It helps a lot.

Also, as you've probably seen on this forum, there are additional cars available for SOS37.

You can find just about everything you could possibly want to know here.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by MrLipid; 23 Dec 2002 at 18:50.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 22:54 (Ref:456461)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I don't have a joystick... so I guess I'm not elegible for the joystick configuration utility...

I'll download stuff, for sure!

And Merry Christmas!
Old 24 Dec 2002, 00:48 (Ref:456519)   #4
MrLipid
Rookie

Actually, the joystick configuration utility works very well with wheels. (I'm using an Act Labs Force RS.)

If you'd like, I'll send you the latest english.tc file. It cleans up some of the glitches in the english.tc file bundled with the streamliner files.

Enjoy!

Last edited by MrLipid; 24 Dec 2002 at 00:49.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 09:45 (Ref:456659)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Go on Jordi - you know it makes sense.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 12:23 (Ref:456740)   #6
MrLipid
Rookie

Jordi,

Listen to Aysedasi!

Just drop me a note at sosofflineleague@motorsportgaming.com and the latest english.tc file will be promptly dispatched.

Happy Holidays!
Old 26 Dec 2002, 01:07 (Ref:457433)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Uooo I know it makes sense... but space is a big problem at home... and I don't want to buy something and not be able to use it afterwards

Sent the email btw!
Old 26 Dec 2002, 01:21 (Ref:457439)   #8
MrLipid
Rookie

And I have responded to it. You should have the file momentarily. Happy Holidays!
Old 26 Dec 2002, 01:29 (Ref:457440)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
It's already installed! Now onto the scenarios!
Old 26 Dec 2002, 19:09 (Ref:457744)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Actually, I've found a bug in the game... Maybe you knew of it already, but I've been doing a championship in the "easy" way with an Auto Union C. I'm leading the table, but I've finished 2 times 1 lap behind the leader and those two times I did not score points, even though I had finished 4th and 5th.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 20:08 (Ref:457766)   #11
MrLipid
Rookie

You have indeed found a bug. And a nasty one at that. As you have discovered, getting lapped pretty much puts you out of contention. This is one of the issues the SOS faithful are hoping will be cured by the patch.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 21:52 (Ref:457819)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I have to say that I ended up winning the title with wins at Avus, Brooklands, Montana, Pau and Monza...

Is there an appoximate date of release for the patch?
Old 26 Dec 2002, 22:34 (Ref:457843)   #13
MrLipid
Rookie

The approximate date of release is "sometime after Christmas." Which means it could appear at any moment! Or not.

Broadsword has gotten busy with some contract work and that tends to push things like unsponsored patches to one side. Still, there is a public commitment to it. And, sometime next year, Broadsword promises an all new version of Spirit of Speed...this one featuring the cars of 1957. We'll see.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 00:08 (Ref:457896)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Okay... hopefully it'll be sooner than later..

Now, is there any way to change the names of the AI drivers in the game? It'd be better to race against Caracciola and Nuvolari!
Old 27 Dec 2002, 01:14 (Ref:457911)   #15
MrLipid
Rookie

There is no way for players to change the names of AI drivers in the game. And even if there were, there is a catch. The game has a total of 68 name slots available. That is, four names for each of the 17 vehicles available. Each name has to be unique. So which car does one assign to, say, Nuvolari? A P3? A Bimotore? He drove both. And his name cannot appear more than once.

There was a plan when SOS was being developed to include the names of the era's great drivers. The plan was set aside before the game was finished. Which is why the names you see in the game are what they are.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 19:16 (Ref:458346)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Well that's not good!
But I can cope with that