Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the British Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 7 14.89%
Nico Rosberg 2 4.26%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 2 4.26%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Max Verstappen 33 70.21%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Esteban Gutiérrez 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 1 2.13%
Kevin Magnussen 1 2.13%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Rio Haryanto 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jul 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3657947)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix

Who is the driver of the British Grand Prix?
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3657998)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lewis as a local...
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3658004)   #3
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be Max. Round the outside of Rosberg on a damp track...!
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3658007)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerdic View Post
Got to be Max. Round the outside of Rosberg on a damp track...!
Good point - and that's one of the reasons that I'm voting for him. Plus, he did lead at one point as well. A seriously impressive performance from the youngster - again. Plus, he beat his teammate as well. He just seems to getting better and better.

Runner-up - well, I'll give that to Lewis. Interesting, this year - he hasn't had a DOTOR from me, yet. He's had a few strong performances(Monaco, Canada, Austria) - but on the whole, I don't think he has been driving at the level that he did last year.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3658009)   #5
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Max, bit of a bland race without him really.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3658011)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Verstappen. Impressive stuff.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3658014)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton did well as you'd expect, but it's all about Max. And he made the pass of the race - on Rosberg. Just so good to watch.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3658087)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Max for pass of the day on Rosberg!
Old 10 Jul 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3658127)   #9
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see a fantastic British sportsman winning his home event today - well done Andy Murray - oh, at the damp squib of a British Grand Prix, I'll give it to Nico just for persevering against the odds....
Old 10 Jul 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3658129)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max. He did make it exciting first passing Rosberg, then making Rosberg have to work hard to pass him
Old 10 Jul 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3658145)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez for best save.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 10 Jul 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3658156)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton. He won the race, and looked as if he had something in hand.

Full kudos to Max Verstappen though who was seriously impressive. As several others have said, that overtake round the outside of Rosberg was mighty. But Rosberg's overtake of Verstappen around the outside was pretty good too. (Though not much else about Rosberg's race was.)
Old 10 Jul 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3658188)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd give it to Senn... er, Verstappen, again.

No one else in field did anything special.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3658213)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Mr Harayanto did a great job, parallel parking against the fence, perfectly square.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Jul 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3658223)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber
Old 11 Jul 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3658238)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Verstappen.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3658239)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I thought Mr Harayanto did a great job, parallel parking against the fence, perfectly square.
I was waiting for the big crunch... And it never came. One of the most convenient offs in terms of recovering the car that I've ever seen.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3658272)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Verstappen
Old 11 Jul 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3658281)   #19
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso could have got it for the best "spin spin spin round around around" (in Murray Walker voice)... but no.

Hamilton in reality should get it because he did the best job and drove within himself and the car.... but no.

I've given it to the driver we heard or saw very little of. The one who dipped the stick with chilli, dacksed the team mate, bent him over the bonnet and performed a "cop that". Kimi. I've caught the canadian bug.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3658309)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
max gets my vote as he certainly showed some great skills this time
Old 11 Jul 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3658312)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm giving it to Rosberg, especially after his own team intentionally caused him to gain a penalty to give Hamilton more lebensraum.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3658347)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also max. certainly the only memorable part of this race. its a very nice resume he is building for himself.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3658370)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Alonso could have got it for the best "spin spin spin round around around" (in Murray Walker voice)... but no.

Hamilton in reality should get it because he did the best job and drove within himself and the car.... but no.

I've given it to the driver we heard or saw very little of. The one who dipped the stick with chilli, dacksed the team mate, bent him over the bonnet and performed a "cop that". Kimi. I've caught the canadian bug.
Tell me your name isn't Pete as well.....?
Old 11 Jul 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3658382)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I appear to have gone with the vast majority Lewis of course did a good job in difficult circumstances, but having a clear view once the SC went in must have been an advantage

Just love the way no one has ever told Max that he can't do things like pass round the outside on the wet line, so he just does...........
Old 11 Jul 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3658419)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Webber
Because he's British.