Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Jan 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2817420)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What's this car?

Found this on www.garageawesome.com

The car is on display at the Autosport Show.

At first I thought it is a Bandolero but they look different.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2817432)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What's this car?
A small one that my fat ass wouldn't fit in!

After looking up the sponsor on the rear 1/4 panel, found this link:
http://www.racequip.com/customergallery.html
Naturally, has a description of all pics 'cept the one in question, which led me here:
http://www.ovalpix.com/

I have "possibly" narrowed it down to the British Isles for you, and yes, it looks a bit BIGGER than bandolaros, at least in wheel size.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2817439)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Probably the UK short oval people here know what it is.

Have to say it looks nice. Much better as Bandoleros.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2817456)   #4
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a MASCAR.

http://www.mascar.co.uk/site/drivers.html
Old 18 Jan 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2817462)   #5
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thread here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...15#post2815415
Old 18 Jan 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2817479)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I thought that topic was about NASCAR and Andy had made a typo.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2817487)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
its a mascar, otherwise known as a baby grand race car....google or youtube it!....basically its like a legends car with a stock car body on it...fj1200 bike engine, great fun to drive...they race scross short ovals in the uk and usa
Old 20 Jan 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2818349)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never seen that before, but I want one!
Old 20 Jan 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2818487)   #9
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Never seen that before, but I want one!
Really never seen them before? It is just a Baby Grand.

In the USA they have regional and touring divisions run by the MMRA along with the Minicups.

Carl Edwards used to race one.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2818499)   #10
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess these are similar to ARUSA machinery.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2818534)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
no theyre completely different, the indoor arusa cars are a bit like minicup cars.....kids versions of baby grands, baby grands themself race on quarter mile ovals all over the usa and uk....like i said theyre basically like legends cars

heres some vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3o3ncy0JUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMJC1N6zqI

you can race them on circuits too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5PNUeHpGM

oh and heres the kids version...mini cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmSs...eature=related
theyre powered by honda gx generator motors
Old 21 Jan 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2819064)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Reminds me of an Allison Legacy car.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2819983)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
Really never seen them before? It is just a Baby Grand.

In the USA they have regional and touring divisions run by the MMRA along with the Minicups.

Carl Edwards used to race one.
Sure haven't. It seems that most of the races last year were all held around 100 miles from my house too. Guess I need to get out more.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2820717)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While it isn't it does remind me of a Mitjet car, only somewhat longer.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2820730)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
And better looking
Old 27 Jan 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2821117)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
While it isn't it does remind me of a Mitjet car, only somewhat longer.
They're the same exact car underneath.

EDIT: Holy crap, just looked up the price of a Mitjet car...~$33,000. That's RIDICULOUS. The American Legends car is ~$16,500 brand new.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2821265)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These things are basicaly the same as Legends with a stock car body.

Not bad I spose but last time I watched them I literally fell asleep! But there were not many of them I must admit.

That was on short ovals, which is pretty much what they are built for.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2821411)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They're the same exact car underneath.

EDIT: Holy crap, just looked up the price of a Mitjet car...~$33,000. That's RIDICULOUS. The American Legends car is ~$16,500 brand new.
I am not surprised if the Racecar cars (French series, this season they have events in several European countries) are much more expensive as the NASCAR Canadian Tire cars.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2822084)   #19
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me clear this up before it gets out of hand. Baby Grands, MitJets and Legends are most definitely NOT the same underneath! The Baby Grand is simply a scaled down Late Model. It is built on two Chassis rails and uses the same space frame design as a perimeter LM chassis. It even uses the Winters Quick Change axle, but with much shorter axle tubes. A Legend is built by 600 Racing and is also spaceframe, but is basically a safety cell with extensions built on to hold the various components. But the frame work is built specifically for the purpose and holds no relation to the Baby Grand. The MitJet uses a basic spaceframe in line with European cage design rules and is designed to accommodate a driver and a passenger. They all use Yamaha engines but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CARS!!!!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2822307)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whatever, they look the same and sound the same! For the fan, they might aswell be the same! lol

But I realise your fright at a possible court case!!